Start by marking “You grunt I'll groan: the inside story of wrestling” as Want to Read:
You grunt I'll groan: the inside story of wrestling

You grunt I'll groan: the inside story of wrestling

127 pages
Published October 24th 1985 by Macdonald Queen Anne

To ask other readers questions about You grunt I'll groan, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about You grunt I'll groan

The other day, Mariel posted a piece of writing where she admitted that she was yet another person who followed the weekly contest between Paul Bryant and myself on the UK popular list. I'm sorry: I can't keep quiet any longer. Some day, the truth was bound to come out, and that day is today.

Deep breath. Mariel and everyone else, I have been living a lie for the last two and a half years. You asked if I was a consortium and I brazenly denied it. In fact, 31 different people, from five countries,
Alan Smith
Jun 07, 2013 Alan Smith rated it really liked it
I'll confess it - I'm a pro-wrestling fan. And particularly the British kind, that flourished in the 60s and 70s. Unlike its American counterpart, Brit wrestling tried to make the "sport" seem legit, with weight divisions, championship belts, public warnings for overt cheating, disqualifications for major infringements, and breaks between rounds. Diva valets, foreign objects, steroids and squash matches had no place here.

Of course, good as the kayfabe (The term means the illusion of reality in w
Jason rated it liked it
Mar 19, 2015
Mark Longden
Mark Longden rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016