Paul Wellstone: The Life of a Passionate Progressive

Paul Wellstone: The Life of a Passionate Progressive

3.91 of 5 stars 3.91  ·  rating details  ·  43 ratings  ·  5 reviews
"Paul Wellstone, we miss you. Few politicians, especially these days, are as willing to stand up and speak the truth as Wellstone was. In this era of flaccid rhetoric and pre-approved sound bites, he had the rare ability to ignite a fire in his audiences. Bill Lofy's excellent biography rekindles that fire and reminds us just how much politicians of Wellstone's honesty, ch...more
Published August 15th 2005 by University of Michigan Press (first published 2005)

Mike Edwards
A short biography written by a personal friend of Wellstone shortly after Wellstone's tragic death. I did learn some new information about Wellstone, a man I very much admire, although the book is at times so gushing in its praise that it annoyed even me. The book made me yearn for a more thorough and balanced look at Wellstone's life, career, and impact.
Brett Rowlett
Sep 18, 2007 Brett Rowlett rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: anyone who wants to change the world
Shelves: non-fiction, politics
This was a quick and enjoyable read. Paul Wellstone, love him or hate him, was the type of politician we need more of. I'm a little bias, because Wellstone is very much a hero of mine. But if you're into politics, I encourage you to take the time to read this book. The selected speeches at the end of the book were amazing!
Karl
A solid book about one of the best men to make it to the United States Senate. May not be worth the read for beautiful writing, but worth the read because Paul's story is one we should all know.
Ruth
An inspiring and well written book. Makes me wish I had followed Wellstone more closely when he was alive. Great quotes from both Wellstone and others.
Jim
This book was good not great, but Wellstone's story is inspiring and frankly I needed something like this in these dark political times.
Maggie
Maggie marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Alexandra
Alexandra marked it as to-read
May 04, 2014
Nicholas Swett
Nicholas Swett marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Oct 28, 2013
Lauren
Lauren marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2013
Glenn
Glenn marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2013
Brook
Brook marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2013
Jeffrey Mcandrew
Jeffrey Mcandrew marked it as to-read
May 09, 2013
Carey
Carey added it
Mar 07, 2013
Rob Hafermann
Rob Hafermann marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2013
Kristen
Kristen marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2012
Gale Julius
Gale Julius marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2012
Anders Rydholm
Anders Rydholm marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2012
Jenise Antony
Jenise Antony marked it as to-read
Oct 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Politics the Wellstone Way: How to Elect Progressive Candidates and Win on Issues Winning Your Election the Wellstone Way: A Comprehensive Guide for Candidates and Campaign Workers Little White Houses: How the Postwar Home Constructed Race in America