Start by marking “Psalm 91: God's Shield of Protection” as Want to Read:
Psalm 91: God's Shield of Protection

Psalm 91: God's Shield of Protection

Psalm 91 has been the soldier's prayer. From the time of the Civil War to present day conflicts, countless soldiers have recorded thousands of stories of miraculous interventions. This Psalm, and its 16 short verses, carry promise of protection from every evil known to man. This book explains the covenant of protection promised in Psalm 91 specifically for military personn ...more
Published January 1st 2005 by Impact Christian Books

To ask other readers questions about Psalm 91, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Psalm 91

Stacey Wade
Nov 15, 2013 Stacey Wade rated it it was amazing
The foundation of this book is not based on Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, etc., but simply Christians helping to explain what the chapter Psalm 91 in the Bible means broken down verse by verse as God's promise (contract) with us in protection over bodily, spiritual, emotional, etc harm. He does not promise bad things won't happen only that he will be there with us and at times shield us from what could have been even worse situations. That even when death occurs, affairs in relationships, or a p ...more
Kevin
Jul 10, 2014 Kevin rated it did not like it
I got this book for free at work, and I wasn't expecting too much from it, and I was right. The exegesis of Psalm 91 wasn't particularly well thought out and helpful. In addition, the author seemed to almost take for granted the almost infallibility of the US military. I didn't like that the author didn't seem to even consider the possibility that war is ethically and spiritually problematic for any reason. I wouldn't recommend this book to you, it's not worth your time.
Brandon
Sep 03, 2012 Brandon rated it liked it
First half of the book was very in depth about God's promises & protections via Psalm 91 (The Soldiers Psalm). The second half had several great testimonies of Psalm 91 in action! The promisises and protection of the Lord were true miracles in action for these men and women. Know that Psalm 91 is not just words but a promise to you from the Lord. Call upon him for protection, give action to these words and you will triumph with His blessing.
Amanda
Mar 26, 2012 Amanda rated it it was ok
I enjoyed the fact that this book gave me a new perspective on Psalm 91, specifically a more literal reading of the psalm. However, I felt that Ruth's theology was a little simplistic and left several important questions unaccounted for.
Anna Andersen
Nov 18, 2015 Anna Andersen rated it really liked it
I loved this book and was very inspired by the countless times God protects!!! Psalm 91 is more meaningful and more powerful to me now
Rose
Rose rated it it was amazing
Nov 04, 2012
Gavin
Gavin rated it it was ok
Dec 09, 2013
Itachi
Itachi rated it it was ok
Jun 07, 2014
Marko
Marko rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Aug 31, 2015
Kelly Goodlette
Kelly Goodlette rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2014
Tera Shortnacy
Tera Shortnacy rated it it was amazing
Feb 11, 2014
Jayne
Jayne rated it really liked it
Aug 14, 2011
Jayla
Jayla rated it it was amazing
Jul 24, 2012
Bonnie B.
Bonnie B. rated it it was amazing
Nov 01, 2012
Matthew Hamilton
Matthew Hamilton rated it it was amazing
Nov 29, 2011
Susan
Susan rated it it was amazing
Feb 02, 2012
Dianne
Dianne rated it it was amazing
Jun 18, 2016
Michael
Michael rated it it was amazing
Nov 18, 2013
David
David rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2014
Tyler
Tyler rated it liked it
Oct 29, 2015
Sharon Hillam
Sharon Hillam rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2015
Bryan
Bryan rated it liked it
Jan 27, 2016
Sparrow12
Sparrow12 rated it it was amazing
Jun 30, 2012
Matthew
Matthew rated it really liked it
Jul 26, 2012
Brianna
Brianna rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Erstwhile Prudence
Erstwhile Prudence rated it it was amazing
Sep 07, 2015
Popeye
Popeye rated it it was amazing
Jul 19, 2012
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Jun 21, 2013
Becky
Becky rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2017