Start by marking “Practicing the Presence: The Inspirational Guide to Regaining Meaning and a Sense of Purpose in Your Life” as Want to Read:

4.51  ·  Rating Details  ·  167 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
The celebrated guide to the awareness of the devine and transcedental in our daily lives. This modern spiritual classic is one of the three books. Goldsmith felt contained the essence of all his teachings.
Published November 8th 1991 by HarperOne (first published April 1st 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Practicing the Presence, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Practicing the Presence

David Teachout
Jul 27, 2012 David Teachout rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spiritual

"I and the father are one," is the sufficiency of the teaching though it's nuance and practice are of a depth requiring stillness and a meditative revelation. It is important to keep in mind that many of the terms used here, while the same as those of conservative fundamentalism, are intimately not the same in usage. Goldsmith hammers out with the lightest of blows a series of truths that are at once enlightening and soul-searing as the ego with which we as people are so enamored is replaced by
Brittany
Oct 26, 2014 Brittany rated it it was amazing
This is exactly what I needed. If I hadn't read other books and information previously, though, I probably would've turned away and stopped reading due to the usage of the word "Christ" throughout. But what it's really referring to is the Christ Consciousness, which has nothing to do with Jesus as a human being. He "put on the Christ" that is already within us so to speak...as did all the other ascended masters (Buddha, Krishna, etc). We are called to do the same. This book makes that clear and ...more
Fashion Junkie
Sep 03, 2008 Fashion Junkie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone who...[as title says]:)
I can honestly say that this book changed my life! I remember being Super sad during this period of my life, and i dont know who i would be if i hadn't picked up this book. I would wake up and for 5 minutes I would read a section of this book (and cry:)), and that was enough to meditate on throughout my day while i went to school. This book is Amazing because it helps you become more aware of your conscious and how you can correctly use it to be more in harmony with your spiritual Being.
Joe
Aug 27, 2012 Joe rated it it was amazing
This was an AMAZING book, but not for the faint of heart! It was challenging and it took me quite a while to read, reflect, and absorb the mere 140 pages, but it was worth ALL of it. If you are on a Spiritual Journey as I am, this classic needs to be a part of your journey!
Loretta
Jan 04, 2014 Loretta rated it it was amazing
This book guides you to seeing the world in a new light. I keep going back to it.
Sandy
More extremely good stuff for finding a more peaceful mind and quieting the restlessness within.... I've got these books some place..... time to find them again and force myself to ...pause.... and breathe...... and reflect....
Elizabeth Olson
A Joel Goldsmith book that I didn't have to force myself to get through? Amazing! This is the clearest and most pragmatic laying out of Goldsmith's unique insights into Spirit I've ever read.
Xenia
Jan 03, 2013 Xenia rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not give it 5 stars because of the biblical dogma written in old world English that Mr. Goldsmith included in this book. I could do without that, but I do get the point of it.
Sandi Kay
Jan 24, 2010 Sandi Kay rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another class book, but a gem of one. If you can read past the dogma that he was forced to use, given the time he wrote the book, it's brilliant!
Adelee
Mar 14, 2009 Adelee is currently reading it
The first few pages have me hooked...time just doesn't allow me the time I want for reading...
Micah Christian
Jan 05, 2014 Micah Christian rated it it was amazing
Loved this book. I am sure that I will want to read it again.
Heather Clark
Oct 01, 2009 Heather Clark rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It reminds me of what I know to be true.
Barry
Barry rated it liked it
Aug 30, 2016
mgsplt
mgsplt marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2016
BENJAMN
BENJAMN rated it it was amazing
Aug 17, 2016
Raquelnairuti
Raquelnairuti marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2016
Patty
Patty marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2016
Constance Leonard
Constance Leonard rated it it was amazing
Jul 20, 2016
don desroches
don desroches rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Ariela Mendes
Ariela Mendes marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Benson
Benson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2016
Useb Prensley
Useb Prensley is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2016
Andre
Andre added it
Jun 29, 2016
Nancy Edwards
Nancy Edwards marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2016
Faith K
Faith K marked it as to-read
Jun 24, 2016
Michael Tuteur
Michael Tuteur marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2016
Eileen Lunny
Eileen Lunny rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2016
Dennis Kroeker
Dennis Kroeker is currently reading it
May 17, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • This Thing Called You
  • The Law & the Promise
  • Spiritual Economics: The Principles and Process of True Prosperity
  • Testimony Of Light: An extraordinary message of life after death
  • Power of Awareness: New Edition Incorporating Neville's Later Notes
  • The Oversoul Seven Trilogy: The Education of Oversoul Seven, The Further Education of Oversoul Seven, Oversoul Seven and the Museum of Time
  • Perfect Love, Imperfect Relationships: Healing the Wound of the Heart