Start by marking “No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog” as Want to Read:
No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog

No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog

Tired of filling up your blog with boring posts? Take the next step and get inspired to create something unique. Author Margaret Mason shows you the way with this fun collection of inspirational ideas for your blog. Nobody Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog is a unique idea-book for bloggers seeking fun, creative inspiration. Margaret gives writers the p ...more
Published August 21st 2006 by Peachpit Press (first published August 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about No One Cares What You Had for Lunch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about No One Cares What You Had for Lunch

Becky
Jul 03, 2008 Becky rated it it was ok
It gave some good ideas (and divided them by time you have avaliable) to blog about, but mostly listed websites to look at and put your own spin on.

So you don't have to bother: some of the best and worst ideas in this book are:
#1 If you ruled the world, things would be better, at least in a few small ways. www.hchap.com talks about how she thinks you should hang your toilet paper.
#3 Tell readers about presents you'll remember forever.
#6 Count your blessings
#9 what are some of your bad habits t
Roland
Jan 04, 2009 Roland rated it it was ok
Shelves: web
Well, blogging has arrived. I mean really.
This book is a good example of that, one of those 101 and "in 24 hours" books.
The subject is fun, the content is about 100 blog posts, the price for this is ridiculous.
The author complains that people are writing about their lunch, but funny thing is that her 31st idea for blogging is - yes, you guessed, lunch.
The book is basically about how to bare youself more to the public, how to put more of your private life on the net - hey, you got an embarrassing
Rekha
Apr 27, 2008 Rekha rated it it was ok
Shelves: adultnonfiction
I've come to the conclusion that writing-prompt books are crap. This one didn't change my mind.
Dee
Feb 01, 2012 Dee rated it really liked it
This book is separated into five chapters. The first four chapters are aimed at the time increments you may spend on writing your blog: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, or “take your time”. The fifth chapter is about picking an area of expertise or of interest and just being a writer.

I found that the first chapter based on 15 minutes of fame was fun and intuitive with ideas to keep readers coming back for more. This would be good for clients we work with who have a website designed for a special
Karen
Oct 06, 2011 Karen rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Bloggers and writers
Great source of ideas and advice for bloggers. I laughed out loud. The author (and the bloggers she features) have a great sense of humor and some unique ideas. If only I could read blogs all day.
Roxanne
Jul 16, 2010 Roxanne rated it it was amazing
I gave this five stars, not because it's the great American novel, but because it gives you exactly what it promises, with wit and flair. There are 100 ideas for your blog, most of them pretty darn good. I wish it were required reading before getting a Facebook account.
Amanda
Dec 06, 2008 Amanda rated it liked it
Shelves: writing-books
A quick and easy way to get the creative juices flowing...
Breige
Mar 11, 2013 Breige rated it it was ok
There was some interesting ideas in the book, I don't think I'd end up using them all myself but sometimes it's good to try and get some motivation and ideas when you have writer's block.
Chia Chin
Sep 14, 2010 Chia Chin rated it it was ok
I caught a few ideas. That's all.
Val
Jul 08, 2008 Val rated it really liked it
It's a fun book to read through for ideas. I borrowed it from the library and now wouldn't mind owning a copy.
Danielle West
May 20, 2012 Danielle West rated it liked it
I've been wanting to read this book for several years now. I don't know why, but I just never really got around to it. The longer I waited, the less I felt it would be useful to me. Not because I didn't need help and inspiration for my blog posts, but because I thought the advice would be less relevant than it once was.

This book was first published in 2006. A lot has happened to the internet in the last six years. Blogging has evolved since then, hasn't it?

But really, it has and it hasn't. This
Ethan Fleck
Aug 09, 2014 Ethan Fleck rated it liked it
A funny story, I originally told Kristin about this book as a joke of sorts that she should read it and how no one, in 2008, was going to care about her food pictures or selfies (look at us now in 2014, hehe) but I was interested in reading this and seeing just what was out there in the blogging world. Turns out, in 2006, it was very much an un-blazed trail.

This is a quick and dirty book to get your brain restarted for blogging ideas, especially if you are stuck. A lot of these ideas are evergr
Kayt
Feb 23, 2011 Kayt rated it really liked it
Shelves: nonfiction
Despite the title of the book, one entry/suggestion (#99-"obsess") suggests making a photographic record some *something* for *a determined period of time,* such as everything you buy for a month, or every outfit you wear for a year. The blog she uses as an example (geoffbadner.com/blog)...took a photo of everything he ate for a week.

It's not a bad book, actually. It's full of ideas (although to make the 100 ideas, some seem to be very related to others) that can spur you to come up with a post,
Terrence
Aug 11, 2012 Terrence rated it it was ok
Such a waste of valuable paper, and for $20! Certainly Margaret Mason could have filled out the very sparse pages with dozens of more ideas in sidebars, photos, spot illustrations, etc.
Content wise, it's very common sense suggestions on how to fill your blog up with more about the person you know best, y-o-u. Save your twenty bucks and borrow this one from the library.

If your interested in blogs, here's mine:
Wump Mucket Puppets Blog
May 12, 2010 Laura rated it it was ok
This book was not too impressive. I was dissapointed when the woman suggesting mocking religious fanatics and people in politics. I don't think it's nice to mock anybody.

Maybe it's because my blog is less than 2 months old, but I have not run into a dry spell with nothing to write about. The one time I wondered, I just googled blog topics and found what I needed.

The author's big advice is to live your life and try new things so you have something to write about.

Overall I feel like this book is k
Maria Elmvang
I'm always on the look-out for new blogging ideas, so was very intrigued when I read the title. Unfortunately, the book itself couldn't live up to my hopes, as it's really not very interesting. It's obviously aimed at new bloggers, as most of the author's ideas are well-known in the blogging community and not considered either spectacular or ground-breaking. And if it is aimed at new bloggers, most of the ideas are too meme'ish to interest a larger crowd.
Janie
Oct 24, 2009 Janie rated it it was ok
Shelves: non-fiction
I occasionally watch "momversation" blogcasts and one of the regulars wrote this book.

It's better in idea than in implementation, but it was fun to go through and see what blog principles she goes by. I wrote down information for about three of the hundred prompts. For a target audience, I'd say it'd be best for people who

- want to write but don't write
- like writing prompts
- want to have a blog that's kinda like everyone else's, except for personalized (cue "and do it myyyy way")
Brigit Zelenak
Nov 08, 2009 Brigit Zelenak rated it liked it
We all get writer's block. And with blogging quickly becoming the preferred mode of communication (seriously, who doesn't have a blog these days??), the author's practical advice, served with a side of whimsy, might be just what the doctor ordered.

There's really a little something here for everyone. And if by the end of all 100 tips you haven't hit inspirational paydirt, it might be time to concede blogging isn't your thing...
Kathy
Mar 03, 2008 Kathy rated it liked it
This was a good book for bloggers. I got some really good ideas for my blog that I'll actually use.

There were a couple of ideas that revolved around sharing intimate secrets and embarrassing moments. I think I got those covered. Pretty much, everything stupid that I do gets blog coverage.

A friend of mine and I share the philosophy: if you aren't embarrassing yourself, you're not living. We live up to that often.
Jenny
Jan 03, 2011 Jenny rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2010
I bought this book to get some additional ideas for blogging. I wasn't expecting too much out of this book, but I was actually surprised by some of the suggestions. I read it from cover to cover and I find myself going back to it for ideas. If you need some blogging tips, I would definitely recommend "No One Cares What You Had for Lunch".
Megan
Nov 01, 2007 Megan rated it liked it
At one point I was conptemplating having a real blog, not just a myspace blog. But I don't feel like devoting the time to regularly write creative, cool entries and I'm not just going to write boring stuff about what I ate for breakfast and what is on my to-do list that no one cares about. There is already too much white noise on the Internet.
Davinia
Aug 01, 2013 Davinia rated it liked it
This would have been a good source of ideas when I had JUST begun blogging, but while there are a few good ideas in there, some of them seem a bit shallow. Mighty Girl is an excellent writer and I don't mean to discredit her; blog prompts are hard as everyone has a different, personal style of blogging.
Firda Beka
Jun 23, 2010 Firda Beka rated it liked it
It gave some good, writing ideas that I've forgotten already. Might have to re-read it. I think it would work better as a reference book for when you feel like you should update your blog but don't really know what to write about.
Sharlene
Apr 18, 2012 Sharlene rated it really liked it
I managed to pinch a few topics for my blog. I really needed fresh content & this opened my eyes to the world around me.
There were some great links to other bloggers, or sites. A great resource for new blogs.
Relyn
Dec 28, 2009 Relyn rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: bloggers
Recommended to Relyn by: spotted here on GoodReads
What a fun and inspiring book. If you blog, you gotta read it.

2/3/14 Finished it again a few days ago. I really should just buy this book. I reread it about every two years. It's fun and funny and inspiring.
Danielle
Dec 23, 2009 Danielle rated it it was ok
Some interesting ideas for a blog/ blog entries if you're ever stuck or in a writer's block bind. But, honestly, if anybody took the time to sit down and think of some creative ideas themselves (you know, the good ol' fashion way), we all could have written the same exact book unfortunately.
Ellery July
Jun 17, 2011 Ellery July rated it it was amazing
This is a fats reading book that anyone who tweets or uses micro blogs should read. It will help to focus on what you should be saying, that would interest others. It also lets you know what not to say.
Rosemary Roscoe
This was a hard book for me. Only 128 pages but I must be dense or something. I had a hard time with it. I expected it to give ideas on what to put in your blog but I guess it just went over my head.
melissa
Mar 17, 2007 melissa marked it as to-read
the thing is, I do care what you had for lunch. And what it looked like so take a pic plz. I'm not sure about receiving ideas for blogging, though. It's like an art - either you have it or you don't. I'm curious as to what this has to say...
Jen
Jan 31, 2008 Jen rated it liked it
This would be a great book for someone who is brand new to blogs. However, most of the ideas presented were ones I've either tried myself or have seen other people use on their blogs. I picked up a couple tips, but just checking out other people's blogs has probably given me more ideas.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Andrew Moore: Detroit Disassembled
  • Writing Past Dark: Envy, Fear, Distraction and Other Dilemmas in the Writer's Life
  • The Simplicity Reader: Simplify Your Life: 100 Ways to Slow Down & Enjoy the Things That Really Matter
  • The 2,548 Best Things Anybody Ever Said
  • Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary with Access Code
  • Writing the Mind Alive: The Proprioceptive Method for Finding Your Authentic Voice
  • The Books of Albion
  • Mortgages For Dummies
  • How to Wow: Proven Strategies for Presenting Your Ideas, Persuading Your Audience, and Perfecting Your Image
  • Photo Idea Index
  • Guitar For Dummies
  • Letting Go of Anger: The Eleven Most Common Anger Styles and What to Do About Them
  • Throw Out Fifty Things: Clear the Clutter, Find Your Life
  • Atlas of the North American Indian
  • Writing Fiction Step by Step
  • A Life In Hand
  • The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan: A Comprehensive Guide to the Principles and Practice
  • Skin Rules: Trade Secrets from a Top New York Dermatologist