Start by marking “Strong Women Stay Slim” as Want to Read:
Strong Women Stay Slim

Strong Women Stay Slim

3.80  ·  Rating Details  ·  93 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
Strong Women Stay Young was an instant national bestseller, a book C.Everett Koop, M.D., called "an essential tool for women of all ages." Now the authors who brought you a powerful weapon to combat aging are back--with an exciting, medically sound program to help you boost your metabolism and melt away fat.

Strong Women Stay Slim is the first book to combine the extraordin
Published April 13th 1998 by Bantam

To ask other readers questions about Strong Women Stay Slim, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strong Women Stay Slim

Cindy R
Feb 08, 2016 Cindy R rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Common sense advice with good clinical research to back it up. No extremes here. The plan is moderate enough that for once I can stick to a plan when I want to. When I don't want, to the problem is me not the plan.
Maryama514
Jan 12, 2013 Maryama514 marked it as to-read
Strong Women Stay Slim by Miriam E. Nelson. PH.D., this book is very useful book because it talks about the best ways to be healthy while sitting in the house and following a healthy diet with excellent exercise that build muscles in a very short time. This book talks about ways of making women strong and healthy and slim in the same time. Furthermore, this book mentioned many experiences of random women. Moreover, this book should be in every house because it makes things easy to any women that ...more
Scottsdale Public Library
It has been said that the more muscle you have the easier it is for your body to burn fat. This is why “Strong Women Stay Slim” is a great book. It teaches women the basics of weight lifting and why it is so important to eat right, strength train, and incorporate cardio into their daily routines. I especially liked the fact that this book did not tell me simply what to do, it told me why I should do it, and how.
-Colleen G.-
Doris McAllister
Jan 05, 2009 Doris McAllister rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-again
Slow reading at first until I implemented the strength training and menu plan. Turned out to be an outstanding book and resource, and I keep it open for reference for the six easy exercises and meal plan.
Rosemary
May 27, 2010 Rosemary rated it it was amazing
I read this author back in the lat 1990 in prevention magazine. I found this Doctor to be very informative about exercising and its effects on a woman's body.
Juliana
Oct 21, 2009 Juliana rated it really liked it
Fairly no-nonsense, gimmick-free advice. I skimmed large sections but am excited to try the strength-training plan.
Veek
Aug 02, 2008 Veek rated it liked it
Great place to start for women beginning to exercise and improve nutrition with the goal of losing weight.
Jamie
Sep 03, 2008 Jamie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful book on weight loss, strength training and eating right for life.
Becky
Mar 02, 2013 Becky rated it it was amazing
Shelves: inspirational
My Bible for fitness. Great book, easy to implement and easy to follow.
Linda Hartlaub
Aug 08, 2011 Linda Hartlaub rated it it was amazing
Another excellent book by Mirian Nelson. Nothing fancy, just plain sense.
Reuel
Mar 15, 2008 Reuel rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The benefits of weight training for women.
Renee
Mar 28, 2010 Renee rated it liked it
i got some good recipes from it : )
Cara
Cara is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2016
Emma
Emma added it
Apr 02, 2016
Melissa Bussey
Melissa Bussey marked it as to-read
Mar 18, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Tina
Tina rated it really liked it
Feb 05, 2016
Suzanne Shafer
Suzanne Shafer rated it really liked it
Feb 01, 2016
Maiya Rose
Maiya Rose rated it it was amazing
Jan 24, 2016
Nanette
Nanette marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Jan 06, 2016
Stacie V Phillips
Stacie V Phillips rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2015
Jonelle Becker
Jonelle Becker rated it liked it
Dec 27, 2015
Deb Flint
Deb Flint is currently reading it
Dec 12, 2015
Le Ann
Le Ann added it
Dec 10, 2015
Lisa McGrath
Lisa McGrath rated it really liked it
Dec 02, 2015