Start by marking “Lost in Putrajaya” as Want to Read:
Lost in Putrajaya

Lost in Putrajaya

LOST IN PUTRAJAYA compiles 14 stories about literally and figuratively losing yourself — either in the physical administrative capital, in the murky political machinery, or in the labyrinth of civil service. Behind the facade of Putrajaya, many can get lost: migrants, journalists, hitchhikers, or even bunian and djinns. This book might not help you find your way out, but ...more
Published May 24th 2014 by Buku Fixi (Fixi Novo)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in Putrajaya, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in Putrajaya

Marc Faoite
Jun 09, 2014 Marc Faoite rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Disclaimer - I am one of the contributors to this anthology.

All in all a pretty good read with some highs and lows.

The stories towards the end of the book were stronger, ending on a high note with the excellent Mosquito Heart by William Tham Wai Liang.

I also particularly enjoyed (in no particular order) Broken Kaleidoscope by Timothy Nakayama, Lost Highway by Marco Ferrarese, The Ministry of Sun and Storms by Terence Toh.

The writing in Summer by Adriana Nordin Manan is excellent though the st
Shaun Liew
Sep 29, 2014 Shaun Liew rated it really liked it
My friend wrote a story titled Broken Kaleidoscope. It brought the reader in and out of the story at the correct pace, without leaving the reader suddenly lost in the story, which was how I felt when I finished Sangsalibut rather abruptly. Timothy Nakayama used descriptions that made you feel like you were looking through the eyes of the characters, albeit a bit heavy on some of the terms. I also liked how he constructed the dreams the main character was having. This leaves some space for ...more
Sean Smith
Jun 12, 2016 Sean Smith rated it liked it
Another decent anthology from Fixi Novo. As with many books of this type, the quality of the stories varies, with some really great tales sitting alongside others that either try too hard or just don't go anywhere. The uniting theme of this collection is the federal administrative centre Putrajaya which was created in the 90s.

The standout stories for me include Marc de Faoite's "Green Onions", "Broken Kaleidoscope" by Timothy Nakayama, Marco Ferrarses's "Lost Highway", "The Ministry of Sun and S
William Liang
Jun 16, 2015 William Liang rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Overall it was a much lighter read than KL Noir, to me it feels more similar in tone to Love in Penang for some reason! I really enjoy the Fixi Novo anthologies which take place in a specific location, and this book does the job. I particularly liked 'The Ministry of Sun and Storms', as well as 'Green Onions'-the latter had a very Brazil-esque bureaucratic feel to it!
Anna Tan
May 08, 2015 Anna Tan rated it liked it
Shelves: malaysiana
I generally liked this. Some of the stories were stronger than others (it really slumped in the middle), but I guess that's how it goes.

Drifting Azaleas (Paul Gnanaselvam) is an amusing account of Saras' application for Malaysian citizenship and her struggling attempt to speak in Malay. I thought this was a rather promising start to the anthology.
Listen to Your Grandmother (Jeannette Goon) is a story of an abused wife. The only connection it seems to have to Putrajaya is that Violet works there
Andres Eguiguren
Jan 02, 2016 Andres Eguiguren rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
This was given to me as a gift by one of my students as a parting gift, as I will be leaving Putrajaya in a few days after nearly two years here. To be honest, I can only recommend this collection to someone who lives in, or has at least visited, Malaysia's federal capital.

The writers seem to be fairly young and the quality of the stories is a little uneven. This is perhaps to be expected in any short story collection, but the lack of consistency was a little disappointing.

The story "Green Onio
Doreen
Sep 30, 2015 Doreen rated it it was ok
I don't normally read introduction but I am glad I did for this book. I would be interested to read a story about a bunian prime minister!
drifting azaleas: a bit funny...
listen to your grandmother: erm... yea one should in this case...
green onions: haha... green onions! that is the precise word that I use for them as well! p/s: is this story based on actual experience? I totally feel for you...
lost toy: a bittersweet story… awww
summer: errrrr betul kah ini?? balik kerja la……
the wedding bet: bulu
Fiay
Jan 07, 2016 Fiay rated it liked it
Lazy review: Pretty amazed with some of these stories, especially the very original and imaginative ones, but there was one that seemed like a very pointless story. Two thumbs up to the authors who showed real effort in writing good stories for the readers to enjoy. I'd actually rate some of these stories 5 stars. Too bad one of them ruined my perception about the whole anthology. Overall not bad, but not something I'd reread either.
Anuar Shah
Jun 19, 2014 Anuar Shah rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
My short story, The Wedding Bet, is in it but that is not the reason I like this book. It is great because even in such a boring place like Putrajaya, the administrative capital of Malaysia, people can find great stories happening around it
Wan
Aug 12, 2014 Wan rated it really liked it
THIS IS YET THE BEST BOOK FROM FIXI NOVO. I must say so. Read this book is like eating Chocolate Indulgence, crave it more and more. Good Job Buku Fixi and Fixi Novo. I give 4 stars out of 5. Worth it!
Rushy muhd
Sep 07, 2015 Rushy muhd rated it liked it
Tells a lot about Putrajaya and the immigrants there. Tells about the difficulties of the immigrants to get the certificate and identification card to live in Malaysia. I guess our country is pretty easy to accept other foreigners to be one of the us.
Ewen Bonaparte
Nov 23, 2014 Ewen Bonaparte rated it really liked it
So far its a good book and every author has their own writing style .Enjoy reading it but i don't think i can be familiar with the roads in Putrajaya yet .
Pie Mesnan
Apr 12, 2015 Pie Mesnan rated it really liked it
Shelves: fixi
All the stories in these books are greatly describe how the uniquely design and technically great city can make you lost,lost in paradise. Thanks Fixi,i enjoy read this book
Jeannette
May 28, 2014 Jeannette rated it really liked it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: 2014
Anakmatyassin
Anakmatyassin rated it liked it
Aug 21, 2015
Sara Qahar
Sara Qahar rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2014
Madana Joy
Madana Joy rated it liked it
Dec 17, 2015
Xiang Non
Xiang Non rated it really liked it
Jul 24, 2016
Jill Girardi
Jill Girardi rated it it was amazing
Sep 18, 2016
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jul 13, 2014
Grace Wong
Grace Wong rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Lily Harina
Lily Harina rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2016
Nurliyanaas
Nurliyanaas rated it it was ok
Apr 16, 2016
Mavalia
Mavalia rated it did not like it
Apr 03, 2016
Sasha Wong
Sasha Wong rated it really liked it
Jan 10, 2016
Liyanasyazwani
Liyanasyazwani rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2014
Zul
Zul rated it liked it
Nov 27, 2015
Kit
Kit rated it liked it
Sep 03, 2016
Nadiah Nordin
Nadiah Nordin rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2015