The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black, #3)

The Best-Kept Secret (Reverend Curtis Black #3)

4.38 of 5 stars 4.38  ·  rating details  ·  2,272 ratings  ·  61 reviews
At the request of her readers, Kim Roby is giving another airing to one of her most popular characters, Curtis Black, who was introduced in Casting the First Stone and who continued his escapades in Too Much of a Good Thing.

Kim Roby's readers can't get enough of the Reverend Curtis Black, that self–justifying, greedy, womanizing flimflam man who is one of the biggest rasca...more
Published December 27th 2005 by William Morrow Paperbacks (first published February 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Best-Kept Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Best-Kept Secret

Love & Lies by Kimberla Lawson RobyThe Best of Everything by Kimberla Lawson RobyCasting the First Stone by Kimberla Lawson RobyToo Much of a Good Thing by Kimberla Lawson RobySin No More by Kimberla Lawson Roby
BEST CHURCH SERIES EVER
6th out of 19 books — 21 voters
Zero Degrees Part 2 by Leo SullivanGangsta Girl by George Sherman HudsonG-Spot 2 by NoireThe Million Dollar Divorce by R.M. JohnsonBlack Diamond by Brittani Williams
urban
5th out of 21 books — 2 voters

More lists with this book...

Brooklyn Darkchild
Jan 23, 2009 Brooklyn Darkchild rated it 2 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Rev Curtis Black series
In this 3rd (?) installment in the Reverend Curtis Black saga, Reverend Black and Charlotte, the mother of his seven year old son Matthew, have been married for five years. Reverend Black has given up his wicked ways. The family now lives in a suburb outside of Chicago, where Curtis pastors Deliverance Outreach, a small up-and-coming church he and his wife founded. Although he’s not making any where near the money he made before his fall from grace, Rev. Black is far more satisfied, both spiritu...more
Taylor
Dec 05, 2008 Taylor rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who love urban story
Title: The BEST KEPT SECRET
AUTHOR” KIMBERLY LAWSON-ROBY

In “The Best Kept Secret” By Kimberly Lawson Roby, Charlotte Black happens to be Pastor Curtis Black wife and also the first lady of their new found church Deliverance. Charlotte and Curtis decided to move to Michelle which is a small time around Chicago to try and provide a better life for their seven year old son Matthew. Every since the time that they moved Charlotte complains about her new lifestyle and her husband’s income from his now...more
Lydia
Apr 14, 2007 Lydia rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
What goes around comes around!!!This is a very good book, If you have read the first two book, you've GOT TO read this one. Curtis seems to have changed his ways and it is an everyday struggle, but he still has to pay for his sins of the past he had 2 good wives and mistreat both and let us not forget all those church members he deceived, so what makes him think that he could just move away, married charlotte and live happily ever after. Not saying that Charlotte is right, because I'm sure she w...more
Donna Bennett
The Best-Kept Secret is entertaining, and a definite page turner. This was truly a great read, as well as all of Mrs. Roby's other ones. I loved the turns and twists. Kim did a great job picking up where "Too Much Of A Good Thing" left off. Reverend Curtis meets his match with his new wife, Charlotte. I think Roby did a wonderful job at keeping the reader's attention. I did not want to put the book down. Can't wait to read more of her work.
Dionna
Karen
" He/She just couldn't help it" or " She/He didnt know why He/She did it" is NOT good enough of an explanation in explaining a character's behavior or actions. They themselves may not know what's wrong but even they dont go on and on about it.
To present that limited information to the reader is unacceptable
Develop your goddamn characters
Tanya Matthews
WOW!! Awesome book. Kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put it down! I laughed, cried, got angry and even felt sorry for some. Rev Black is truly a complex man but Charlotte is definitely his match. Loved it can't wait to read the next book in the series!!
Diane A.
Jan 12, 2012 Diane A. is currently reading it
The book is great I can't put it down. I almost hate to finish it.
Walky
Amazing, kept me wanting more.
LaTonya
OMG!!! This book was so good that I read it in one day because I literally couldn't put it down. From start to finish this book was amazing and there were so many secrets and surprises even up until the end. To me, this is the best so far in the series and the first two have nothing on this one. All I can say is this was a very entertaining read and now I'm so excited to start the fourth book in the series. I thought I would take a break and read a different novel, but now I'm dying to find out...more
Margaret
I was prepared not to like this book because on Amazon it received quite a few negative reviews. However, I really enjoyed the book. I didn't care for the ending so much because I believe that the redemption of God is stronger than the pull of sin. But I do understand the way the book ended.

I really enjoyed the interaction of the characters. Charlotte was a mess but I know that that is how some women thing. Curtis really had my heart until the end. Even with his past, I thought he was a great ex...more
Dominique
Yes Curtis has definitely met his match with Charlotte. It ended so well. I can't wait to read the next book. Already in the mail and on it's way!
Barbara
LOVED IT , WAS A PAGE TURNER, ALL I DO IS READ , I HAVE READ ALL OF YOUR BOOKS.
Carolyn
This could have been a good book but the infidelity was ridiculous.
Bianca Harrison
As always what a great read by Kimberla Roby!
Connii Greer
it was a good read but mot as good as the first 2
Juanita
Another great read!
Stashia
crazy turn out.
Francine
I just have to say thank you for being such a great writer. I thought i had a huge imagnation but girl you are the woman that has a great mind and are useing it.I love reading your books evevn thought i went a little backwards but i'm alright it falling into order.Keep up the good work.Looking forward to more to come.That Curtis Black he is a handful but he will find someone that's his match just keep on writing.
Danettewinslow
This was a okay...I was eager to read this one because I thought the author did a really good job in the first one. This one keeps you very interested...but she was really grasping as far as some of the things that occurred. I say that it is okay...but I am not as excited to read the book following it...eventhough I will anyway.
Shanae
I see exactly why there are ten books in this series. Reverend Curtis Black is the man. He gets these broads right and never falls off his high horse! I love it. At 40 years old, you'd think he'd slow down but he's just getting his second wind. Kimberla Lawson Roby has hooked me yet again!
Asia
Starts out a bit mundane but really picks up. Unexpected chain of events and that feeling we have all (right?) been in of being betrayed or being on the other end as the betrayer. Good description of human emotions and how devastating they can be if allowed to take over reason.
Renee
Jul 18, 2008 Renee rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Renee by: saw it on the shelf at Barnes and Noble
Great book. I read it on the plane to Kuwait. It was the first book I read of hers, which was out of sequence, but it made me buy the others just to get spun up to finish office the series. Must read! A can't put down type of book.....
Michelle
I'm reading out of order, this was the first book I read of the series. I loved it! It touches on feelings we have all felt, betrayal and temptations we all struggle with. This was full of twists and unexpected events. Great read!
Anderson County Library
As I read this book, I asked myself, “Can you really keep a secret?” A lot of things came out in this book that changed lives. This book was mind-blowing and very interesting. What’s done in the dark will always come to the light.
Joi
This book was good, but the story line is being repeated in all of these books. Other than that, her characters are not very well developed at all. She could have done a better job with that.
Jewell Moore
The typical Rev. Curtis Black and his first lady...well you can say they truly know about God's forgiveness and moving on. Enjoyed the ride. Great writing! On the edge of my seat in every chapter.
★☆★☆
Good ole Reverend Curtis Black!

I wasn't expecting this. The shoe fits mighty snug on that other foot. No matter who you are or what you think, you WILL reap what you sow.
Monique
Curtis is a trio in himself. This is his third wife Charlotte and she is funny. This was a good book because he met his match who cheated just as much as he did. Good read.
  • A Sin and a Shame
  • The First Lady
  • I Know I've Been Changed
  • The Million Dollar Divorce
  • When Somebody Loves You Back
  • Sisters & Lovers
  • Just Too Good to Be True
  • God Don't Play (God Don't Like Ugly, #3)
New York Times Bestselling Author, Kimberla Lawson Roby, has published thirteen novels which include, THE PRODIGAL SON, A HOUSE DIVIDED, THE PERFECT MARRIAGE, THE REVEREND'S WIFE, SECRET OBSESSION, LOVE, HONOR, and BETRAY, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU PRAY FOR, A DEEP DARK SECRET, THE BEST OF EVERYTHING, ONE IN A MILLION, SIN NO MORE, LOVE & LIES, CHANGING FACES , THE BEST-KEPT SECRET , TOO MUCH OF A G...more
More about Kimberla Lawson Roby...
Casting the First Stone (Reverend Curtis Black, #1) Too Much of a Good Thing (Reverend Curtis Black, #2) Love & Lies (Reverend Curtis Black, #4) Changing Faces Be Careful What You Pray For (Reverend Curtis Black, #7)