Start by marking “It's Raining Men: A Romantic Comedy” as Want to Read:
It's Raining Men: A Romantic Comedy

It's Raining Men: A Romantic Comedy

“Grandma must have been out of her mind.” This is the prevailing sentiment among the four cousins in the Lemont family when they hear that their only heirloom is an ancient umbrella—and each of them must carry it around for three months to receive their inheritance. However, they stick to the rules and soon realize the umbrella has magic powers: When two people share it, ...more
Published May 4th 2014

To ask other readers questions about It's Raining Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It's Raining Men

Diane Driscoll
Jun 08, 2014 Diane Driscoll rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
“It’s Raining Men” is the first book that I have read by authors Beate Boeker & Gwen Ellery and I absolutely enjoyed reading it from start to finish. I will definitely be checking out other books that these two authors have written. With each of the main characters I could relate to one or more aspect of their life and or situation they were in. I also love that the book brought you to different countries…it was like a mini multi country vacation getaway trip. Like the four grandchildren I ...more
Robin
Jul 22, 2014 Robin rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun book. What an interesting premise, do you believe in magically powers? I do now. It was such fun to learn about each of the cousins and how they handled their grandmother's request/rules. I loved the different locations each part was placed in and the descriptions of all the different characters. I can't wait to read more by these authors!!
Italo Italophiles
May 21, 2014 Italo Italophiles rated it it was amazing
This is a fun concept, expertly executed! It never gets dull because the magical umbrella works differently on different people. Learning its tricks is part of the fun.

The romance is sweet and clean. The book is well-written and well-edited, and it has a very attractive design. I am grateful to the authors for the review-copy.

We follow the four adult grandchildren on their umbrella-and-love-discovery, and we also follow the late-romance of the executor of the grandmother's estate.

What about the
Marjorie
May 28, 2014 Marjorie rated it really liked it
This is a refreshingly light and romantic comedy about four single adult cousins, whose grandmother, upon her death, required each of them to carry an ancient umbrella for three months in order to receive their inheritance. The umbrella had been a gift to their grandmother from her husband Hubert on her 30th birthday, which makes the umbrella over 55 years old. Each of them cannot reveal to each other anything about their experiences during the full year. After a year, Grandmother Charlotte’s ...more
Amber Jenkins
Jul 07, 2014 Amber Jenkins rated it it was amazing
Humour & heart

An upbeat story about four twenty-somethings struggling to find or fend off love. The four cousins, in four different countries, were sympathetic, good humoured, witty and just faulted enough to make their stories poignant and believable. I found myself laughing out loud several times to see how thez dealt with their love spell. What a welcome relief to the downers I've come across lately. The magical element was handled with a light touch and whimsical reverence for mysterious
Gina
Sep 23, 2014 Gina rated it it was amazing
Totes adorbs! Yes, that's my way of being punny. I loved this story about four cousins who must each carry around their late grandmother's umbrella for three months in order to gain their inheritance. The umbrella is tacky and bulky and all four balk at the prospect, but they take their turns...with magical results. Fun, sweet, and delightful, this story will make you believe in magic and romance.
Bette Hansen
Aug 13, 2014 Bette Hansen rated it really liked it
A romantically fun read that is very well written and completely entertaining. The dying grandmother has just one demand, each of four cousins must carry the magical umbrella for three months. How each cousins handle the umbrella and the magic it brings is fantastic. While reading this you get to have and international adventure as each cousin is in a different local. I recommend this book.
Shash
In her will, Charlotte leaves everything she has to her four grandchildren. There is one stipulation. During the next year, each must carry her umbrella with them for three months.

This was a cute story! It was like reading several different stories in one as the umbrella was passed from person to person. There was some swearing.
Norma Huss
Sep 04, 2014 Norma Huss rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
Make that 3 ½ stars. A fun read, a bit paranormalish, not exactly raining MEN, just raining over a couple who ought to be in love (and a few who shouldn't). It's the umbrella, inherited by four cousins from their aunt.
Dee
Dee rated it it was amazing
Jul 05, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2014
Jeannett
Jeannett rated it liked it
Jul 30, 2014
JoAnne Proescholdt
JoAnne Proescholdt rated it it was amazing
Nov 11, 2015
Juliet Bushinski
Juliet Bushinski rated it really liked it
May 30, 2015
Sofie Couch
Sofie Couch rated it really liked it
Apr 18, 2016
Phyllis
Phyllis rated it really liked it
Nov 08, 2014
Mel
Mel rated it liked it
May 05, 2015
Kimberley
Kimberley rated it liked it
Aug 13, 2014
Jamie
Jamie rated it liked it
Jan 18, 2016
Khusi
Khusi marked it as to-read
May 21, 2014
Kathie Lind
Kathie Lind marked it as to-read
May 24, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Jul 15, 2014
Sadie
Sadie marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Konan Shafiqah
Konan Shafiqah marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2014
Carla Cabrera
Carla Cabrera marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
Caroline
Caroline marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Farn
Farn marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2014
Debbie Dalton
Debbie Dalton marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Christi Serate
Christi Serate marked it as to-read
Nov 08, 2014
Cat
Cat marked it as to-read
Nov 22, 2016
Nadezhda
Nadezhda marked it as to-read
Jan 05, 2015
Linda Hurst
Linda Hurst marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2015
Janice
Janice marked it as to-read
Jun 07, 2016
Tara
Tara marked it as to-read
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Kathy * Bookworm Nation marked it as to-read
Heidi
Heidi marked it as to-read
Jessie
Jessie marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2015
Rene Daihl
Rene Daihl marked it as to-read
Feb 07, 2015
Vee
Vee marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2015
Sherri Hunter
Sherri Hunter marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Mpreeetkaur
Mpreeetkaur marked it as to-read
May 29, 2015
Christine Hatfield
Christine Hatfield marked it as to-read
Sep 03, 2015
Emily
Emily marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2015
I love books with touches of humor and mischief. It doesn't matter if they're romances or mysteries or biographies - as long as they make me chuckle, count me in.

Here's my official author bio:

BBeate Boeker is a USA Today bestselling author with a passion for books that brim over with mischief & humor.

Several of her novels were shortlisted for the Golden Quill Contest, the National Readers' Ch
More about Beate Boeker...

“A deep feeling of satisfaction coursed through me. I knew I had found my place in the universe.” 0 likes