Start by marking “The Body Business” as Want to Read:
The Body Business

Read Book

The Body Business

What if your killer job could get you killed?

Great job. Fantastic boyfriend. Samantha Newman thought she had it all.

But when her best friend vanishes, doubt creeps in. Is there some ugly reality behind her firm’s success?

When she asks the FBI for help, they send a man with secrets of his own. How can she find her friend without getting caught in the web of deceit?

Carte
Published February 25th 2014 by Soul Mate Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Body Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Body Business

James Austin
May 20, 2014 James Austin rated it it was amazing
Well worth a sequel

Gay and her husband are friends so naturally I this book was a must read. Samantha simply must have further adventures. We can not be left in a lurch. Good one, Gay!
Brianna and Angelina
Originally on http://fableslibrary1.wordpress.com

Reviewing a book I didn't really like makes me feel bad. I know that authors always spend hours of their lives into each story and novel in hopes that people will like what it is they have to tell. So, when I say I don't like a book, it makes me feel bad and I didn't really like The Body Business. On Goodreads its obvious that my rating is the odd one out, everyone else liked it! All of the star ratings are either 4 or 5 stars!

The main reason I di
R.L.
Dec 14, 2014 R.L. rated it it was amazing
The story was a fast read from the beginning, about a woman who works for a large head-hunting corporation, at least that's what it is supposed to be, but then people keep disappearing. The woman is suspicious and has begun to suspect that the company is not what it is supposed to be. She send an email to the FBI about her missing friend. When she is contacted by someone she thinks is the FBI, but learns that the person isn't, she doesn't know who to trust. Then her friend's body is found. An ...more
Shelbi
Jan 14, 2016 Shelbi rated it really liked it
Romances for me are always a hit or miss. Sometimes they are too corny, too raunchy, too forced, or too (something else). I have to admit, this one was a nice blend of everything and I truly enjoyed it. Aside from the romance, there was a solid story-line concerning some business corruption which gets the FBI involved. The Boyd Business was a quick read and always had a new surprise around the corner. Great book if you are looking for a light, compelling read!
Cherie O'Boyle
Dec 27, 2014 Cherie O'Boyle rated it really liked it
This is a great first book. Well plotted, professionally written, and thoroughly copy-edited. These days that's saying a lot. The suspense kept me engaged to the end. I'm sure that the characters in the next book will be more fully developed. I bought the book because I liked something the author said on a Goodreads discussion (can't remember what), and am posting this review because I liked the book.
C Collier
Feb 12, 2015 C Collier rated it really liked it
Gay Yellen's crisp style and fast-paced plot kept me reading long after bedtime! I might have liked more character growth for Carter and Stephanie, but all the characters were vividly portrayed and interesting. I especially enjoyed Gertie's integrity and authenticity. Looking forward to more from Gay Yellen...
InD'tale Magazine
The Cruella DeVille of 2014: that’s who author Gay Yellen has expertly re-created as an antagonist in “The Body Business.”

Read full review in the 2014 October issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Patricia Pagan
Sep 26, 2014 Patricia Pagan rated it it was amazing
A fun page-turner with a feisty, easy-to-relate-to protagonist. The perfect vacation read.
Kay
Kay rated it it was amazing
Apr 25, 2015
Kelly Luza
Kelly Luza rated it really liked it
Jun 04, 2015
Susan Hintz
Susan Hintz rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2014
Susie
Susie rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2014
Gay Yellen
Dec 14, 2014 Gay Yellen rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Lilas Taha
Lilas Taha rated it it was amazing
Oct 31, 2014
Molly Whitney
Molly Whitney rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2015
Saralyn Richard
Saralyn Richard rated it it was amazing
Jun 23, 2014
L. Fabry
L. Fabry marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2014
Gloria
Gloria added it
Nov 17, 2015
Grace
Grace marked it as to-read
Dec 14, 2014
Gay Rowe
Gay Rowe marked it as to-read
Mar 28, 2015
Darren Mitton
Darren Mitton marked it as to-read
Oct 23, 2015
Tanner Kudela
Tanner Kudela marked it as to-read
Jan 15, 2016
Katie
Katie marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Monika Krisinski
Monika Krisinski is currently reading it
Nov 12, 2016
Free Books, .99 &...: $.99 Romantic Suspense 1 7 Dec 16, 2014 08:25AM
Gay Yellen has been sneezed on by an elephant, held at gunpoint and survived a killer California earthquake, which may explain her penchant for writing cliffhangers. She began working life as a stage and TV actress, then happily moved behind the camera at The American Film Institute (AFI) as Assistant to the Director of Production. A former magazine editor and national journalism award winner, she ...more
More about Gay Yellen...