Start by marking “Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics” as Want to Read:
Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics
Preview

Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics

4.14 of 5 stars 4.14  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Miracle Workers, Reformers and the New Mystics contains more than 70 photos, illustrations, and biographies of men and women whose lives have demonstrated the phenomenal throughout the ages. Let their stories inspire you to join their ranks as part of this coming revival generation.
Published March 27th 2013 by Destiny Image Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics

Brent McCulley
The amount of gross theological errors, biographical misrepresentations, and overt historical inaccuracies in this book are too numerous to write out in one short review; nevertheless, if there is one thing to exhort young believers - especially new converts that are theologically impressionable - unto, it is to STAY AWAY from this book, and all things related to John Crowder, and his affiliates.

John writes in a friendly, but not overtly sophomoric and annoying, prose. It is in that sense that h
Steve Bremner
This is now the fourth book of Crowder's I've read. I started with Mystical Union after a trusted friend recommended it. After I read it he told me I understood him wrong and that The New Mystics was the one he recommended to me. So, I read M.U. first, and for the most part loved it. Then Seven Spirits Burning, and loved it. Then I read Ecstasies of Loving God, and had more problems with it and a difficult time believing some of his accounts in that book.

So, imagine my surprise when I decided to
V. Z.
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

I read this book as a skeptic, and this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place anywhere. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Patrick
Oct 29, 2009 Patrick rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Those wanting to affect the future by learning from history.
This book has a wealth of stories from past and current revivalist. It gives a great history timeline of the different moves of God and who God was using in those moves to stir up revival. If you are hungry for a move of God, start reading this book and learn what other great revivalist did to help revival move forward into supernatural extremes and also learn the pitfalls that many great men ended up falling into. We can't make their floor our ceiling until we know where they left off at! You w ...more
John
It took me a while to get into the book but over all it was a very enjoyable read. It is defiantly on the charismatic side of books. I highly recomend it to anyone interested in Christian History specifically mystics and miracles.
Lawrence Miquelon
Excellent. Crowder is able to draw from so many very different streams of Christianity to bring a clear perspective on the rightful domain of the supernatural in everyone's lives.
David
Very informative in spiritual biblical History!! Those who have moved and are moving in miracles, Signs and Wonders ...
Jabens
Love it
I didn't know there was so much
Mystic in the pass, its very insightful
Hans  Martin
I want to read this for research only. I am def no fan of Crowder.
Darian
Really inspiring. William Branham's life needs to be a movie.
Cathy Kerton-johnson
This is fanstastic, really inspiring and challenging.
Linn Landry
Awesome book with a lot of history
Elizabeth Kosorski
Jun 28, 2008 Elizabeth Kosorski is currently reading it
Reading it now.
Scarlett Millsaps
Scarlett Millsaps is currently reading it
Apr 25, 2015
Kathryn Thornton-Dibb
Kathryn Thornton-Dibb marked it as to-read
Apr 03, 2015
Mark
Mark added it
Feb 25, 2015
Mollie
Mollie marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles
  • The Torch and the Sword (Final Quest)
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • The Veil
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology
  • Kingdom, Grace, Judgment: Paradox, Outrage, and Vindication in the Parables of Jesus
  • The Journal of John Wesley
  • Hell's Best Kept Secret
  • My Glimpse of Eternity
Mystical Union The Ecstasy of Loving God Seven Spirits Burning The Cosmos Reborn The Ecstasy of Loving God: Trances, Raptures, and the Supernatural Pleasures of Jesus Christ