Start by marking “Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics” as Want to Read:
Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics

Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics

4.17  ·  Rating Details  ·  132 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Miracle Workers, Reformers and the New Mystics contains more than 70 photos, illustrations, and biographies of men and women whose lives have demonstrated the phenomenal throughout the ages. Let their stories inspire you to join their ranks as part of this coming revival generation.
Published March 27th 2013 by Destiny Image Publishers (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Miracle Workers, Reformers, and the New Mystics

Brent McCulley
Oct 08, 2013 Brent McCulley rated it did not like it
Shelves: christian-living
The amount of gross theological errors, biographical misrepresentations, and overt historical inaccuracies in this book are too numerous to write out in one short review; nevertheless, if there is one thing to exhort young believers - especially new converts that are theologically impressionable - unto, it is to STAY AWAY from this book, and all things related to John Crowder, and his affiliates.

John writes in a friendly, but not overtly sophomoric and annoying, prose. It is in that sense that h
Steve Bremner
Jan 24, 2015 Steve Bremner rated it really liked it
This is now the fourth book of Crowder's I've read. I started with Mystical Union after a trusted friend recommended it. After I read it he told me I understood him wrong and that The New Mystics was the one he recommended to me. So, I read M.U. first, and for the most part loved it. Then Seven Spirits Burning, and loved it. Then I read Ecstasies of Loving God, and had more problems with it and a difficult time believing some of his accounts in that book.

So, imagine my surprise when I decided to
V. Z.
Jul 02, 2014 V. Z. rated it did not like it
If you are a hyper-charismatic Christian and believe in this nonsense, you will love this book.

If you are a mainstream Christian, this book may offend you and is full of claims that are inconsistent with the bible and Christian doctrine.

I read this book as a skeptic, and this book is full of magical mumbo-jumbo in the name of Yahweh and has no place anywhere. It is a time waster and full of nonsense deepities. Your time will be well spent elsewhere.
Patrick
Oct 29, 2009 Patrick rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Those wanting to affect the future by learning from history.
This book has a wealth of stories from past and current revivalist. It gives a great history timeline of the different moves of God and who God was using in those moves to stir up revival. If you are hungry for a move of God, start reading this book and learn what other great revivalist did to help revival move forward into supernatural extremes and also learn the pitfalls that many great men ended up falling into. We can't make their floor our ceiling until we know where they left off at! You w ...more
Martin Tooe
Jul 15, 2015 Martin Tooe rated it it was amazing
Didn't know these people existed until now
John
Jan 07, 2013 John rated it really liked it
It took me a while to get into the book but over all it was a very enjoyable read. It is defiantly on the charismatic side of books. I highly recomend it to anyone interested in Christian History specifically mystics and miracles.
Lawrence Miquelon
May 12, 2012 Lawrence Miquelon rated it really liked it
Excellent. Crowder is able to draw from so many very different streams of Christianity to bring a clear perspective on the rightful domain of the supernatural in everyone's lives.
David
Aug 05, 2012 David rated it it was amazing
Very informative in spiritual biblical History!! Those who have moved and are moving in miracles, Signs and Wonders ...
Jabens
Nov 12, 2012 Jabens rated it it was amazing
Love it
I didn't know there was so much
Mystic in the pass, its very insightful
Darian
Aug 05, 2012 Darian rated it it was amazing
Really inspiring. William Branham's life needs to be a movie.
Cathy Kerton-johnson
This is fanstastic, really inspiring and challenging.
Linn Landry
Mar 24, 2015 Linn Landry rated it it was amazing
Awesome book with a lot of history
Elizabeth Kosorski
Jun 28, 2008 Elizabeth Kosorski is currently reading it
Reading it now.
Mike
Mike marked it as to-read
Feb 09, 2016
Shannon
Shannon marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
James Elohor
James Elohor marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2016
Ben
Ben marked it as to-read
Jan 17, 2016
Appiah Joseph
Appiah Joseph marked it as to-read
Jan 14, 2016
Andy
Andy marked it as to-read
Jan 13, 2016
Eugenia Eugelsie
Eugenia Eugelsie marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2016
Jude Aquila
Jude Aquila marked it as to-read
Jan 10, 2016
Audax Nanfuri
Audax Nanfuri marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Gary Massari
Gary Massari marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2016
Evan Dixon
Evan Dixon marked it as to-read
Dec 29, 2015
Britt
Britt rated it it was amazing
Nov 24, 2015
Amy
Amy rated it really liked it
Nov 18, 2015
  • Developing a Supernatural Lifestyle: A Practical Guide to a Life of Signs, Wonders, and Miracles
  • Visions Beyond the Veil: Visions of Heaven, Angels, Satan, Hell, and the End of the Age
  • The Supernatural Power of a Transformed Mind: Access to a Life of Miracles
  • The Prophetic Ministry
  • Dream Language: The Prophetic Power of Dreams, Revelations, and the Spirit of Wisdom
  • Red Moon Rising: How 24-7 Prayer Is Awakening a Generation
  • The Happy Intercessor
  • Shaping History Through Prayer and Fasting
  • Kingdom, Grace, Judgment: Paradox, Outrage, and Vindication in the Parables of Jesus
  • Things to Come: A Study in Biblical Eschatology
  • E. M. Bounds on Prayer
  • Discover Your God-Given Gifts
  • Always Enough: God's Miraculous Provision Among the Poorest Children on Earth
  • My Glimpse of Eternity
  • The Journal of John Wesley
  • The Untold Story of the New Testament Church: An Extraordinary Guide to Understanding the New Testament