Start by marking “Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions” as Want to Read:
Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions

Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions

You’ll Never Make a Decision the Same Way Again

InAsk It, Andy Stanley identifies theone question that makes it easy to determine the answer to allother questions. You’ll learn how to makedecisions withconfi
Published October 21st 2014 by Multnomah

To ask other readers questions about Ask It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ask It

Hannah
For me this book was more of an encouragement than anything else. For years I've been trying to grow better at trying to think twice and pray a lot before taking the next life's step. This book is a good exhortation to bring the question of what God wants for our lives to the forefront of our thinking and planning. Just because something feels good in the moment does not mean it is good, wise, or economical.

The writing style is a bit unusual and the first chapters were a trifle jarring as I adj
Erin Henry
May 07, 2015 Erin Henry rated it it was amazing
Wish I had read this a long time ago! It's about answering life's questions with "is this wise". He says it's a better question than "is this good or bad" or "does God want me to do this" because you can't rationalize your way or if it as easy. He gives lots of application to different areas of your life. Very helpful and I wish I had read it when I was younger and stupider!
Jen
Nov 16, 2015 Jen rated it it was amazing
Everyone needs to read this book! It centers around a simple yet powerful question. Now - to act on it and follow through.
Judy Collins
A special thank you to WaterBrook Multnomah Publishers and NetGalley for a complimentary reading copy in exchange for an honest review.

ASK IT: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions, by Andy Stanley is a guide to life’s challenging questions, and the principle behind this valuable question drawn from years of his life’s journey –a life message.

We all have regrets and do not get do overs. Possibly our regret could have been avoided if we had asked a particular question and
Eleanore
Dec 11, 2014 Eleanore rated it it was amazing
When faced with major decisions, situations or challenges or forks in the road that will most likely result in tremendous life change, it behooves us to stop and ask questions.

What am I doing here?

What am I hoping to achieve?

What are my goals?

Andy Stanley, author and founder of North Point Ministries, spends an entire book to discuss the subject. Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions, is a work of Christian nonfiction, as faith-based as they come, but with a perspec
Henk-Jan van der Klis
Jan 31, 2015 Henk-Jan van der Klis rated it really liked it
Are you wondering which question author and pastor Andy Stanley means in Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions? The one question that will ease answering thousands of other daily questions on what, how and when. In the light of your past experience, your current circumstances, and your future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for you to do? By this approach you'll flee from arguments like 'there's nothing wrong in...' or 'as long as I don't ....it's not sin, ...more
Matthew
Mar 01, 2015 Matthew rated it liked it
"Ask It" provides quite a bit of practical wisdom and insights into living daily life. In essence, it's a series of mental checks or guardrails designed to prevent flirting with disaster. By shifting your thinking from "Can I do this?" or "How far can I go?," Stanley advocates asking a different question - "Should I do this? Is it the wise thing to do?"

There's much to commend about this book, and it should benefit teens and young adults in particular. Focusing, for example, on your own past and
Sherri Smith
Dec 09, 2014 Sherri Smith rated it it was amazing
This book by Andy Stanley, is described as “You’ll Never Make a Decision the Same Again”. The description from Amazon is as follows: Should I take this job? Buy this house? Marry this person? We ask questions every day about the choices we face. But are we asking the most important question of all?

In Ask It, Andy Stanley identifies the one question that makes it easy to determine the answer to all other questions. You’ll learn how to make decisions with confidence simply by applying the question
Laura Collins
Jul 28, 2016 Laura Collins rated it really liked it
A book on Wisdom as revealed in by Solomon in Proverbs. It contains deep information which I highly recommend to anyone.It challenges people set boundaries in order to prevent terrible mistakes from taking place in the future, and to always ask, considering a person's past, present and desired future, what would the wise decision be.

"I've concluded that while nobody plans to mess his life, the problem is that few of us plan not to. That is, we don't put the necessary safeguards in place to ensur
Tonya Makrinski
Sep 15, 2015 Tonya Makrinski rated it it was amazing
I led my Bible Study group in this series. I used the book as a supplement to the free video 40 min chats online. Andy Stanley delivers a great message for this 6 week study and there are group discussion questions that can be printed off so there is very little prep as a facilitator. Many times book gave different examples than what he gave in the video, so it was worth it to read the book along with watching the video. I honestly don't think if I read the book by itself would it have had the ...more
Sheila Gregoire
Dec 12, 2014 Sheila Gregoire rated it it was amazing
"Our greatest moral regrets are always preceded by a series of unwise choices."

So says Andy Stanley, and he's exactly right. He shows systematically in this easy to read book that the main question we should ask is not "is it okay for me to do this?" or "is this morally wrong?", but instead, "What is the wise thing for me to do right now?"

And we rarely have to talk ourselves into knowing what the wise thing is. We all already know. Instead, we try to justify why doing something else is really "o
Haley H
Mar 14, 2016 Haley H rated it it was amazing
This book was given out by my church which was why I was intrigued to read it. The author of this book does a great job of showing you how we do not focus on the right questions. The book starts off as showing how we do not think ahead, we get into messy situations that anyone could be seeing. Once we get into those bad decisions then we feel trapped. This book goes threw so many topics of life ad overall is a super good book to benefit from. Also if the book was apart of a series I would ...more
Dec 24, 2014 Jennifer rated it really liked it
I love Andy Stanley. I live in Atlanta and I go to his church several times a year and every time I do, I walk away feeling as though something profound just happened. This book, while it's very simple, is great and it makes you think about your decisions in a different way. It's already helped me in a few of my important decisions that I've been putting off for a while. I would recommend this book to anyone who doesn't know what is the right thing to do.
Lili Kim
Aug 19, 2016 Lili Kim rated it really liked it
This book had some great points (btw, the big question is basically, is this a wise decision to make?). I liked how he pointed out how we justify all of our actions and how little decisions we make are harmless, but they can creep up into a poor circumstance. He is a bit stereotypical with his gender role scenarios, however.
Elsa Reyes
Feb 03, 2015 Elsa Reyes rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads-won
I won this book through the Goodreads First Reads giveaway program from WaterBrook Multnomah Publisher.

Ask it gave some good advice about decision making. Keep in mind when reading this book that a pastor wrote this book so he brings up a few bible stories and gives his advice from a Christian's point of view.
Michael
Nov 05, 2014 Michael rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-read
This is an updated version of his book, The Best Question Ever but I went ahead and read it again. The idea presented is for you to ask, In light of my past experience, current circumstances and future hopes and dreams, what is the wise thing for me to do? This is a great question that we should all ask of ourselves. The book spends a larger majority of pages on dealing with sexual temptation.
Joe Story
Great book geared to helping you boost your decision making process by asking a simple question.

What is the wise thing for me to do?
In light of my past what is the wise thing for me to do?
In light of my current circumstances what is the wise thing for me to do?
In light of my future what is the wise thing for me to do?

Quick read.
Donna Kling
Mar 22, 2016 Donna Kling rated it really liked it
I was impatient in wanting to get to the point. It took until chapter 2 to find out what the question is but once you here it, it makes perfect sense when you really think about it. Andy spent a lot of time setting up the justification for the importance of the question because it can save you from going down the wrong path.
Bill Krafft
Jul 08, 2016 Bill Krafft rated it really liked it
An easy read with great implications. This book needs to be read slowly, not that it is difficult to read, but that it takes a few weeks to form the habit of considering your decisions. This habit will be a life-changer. I recommend the series of messages at Ask It that accompanies the book.
Adam Sylvester
Jan 13, 2015 Adam Sylvester rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2015
What a GREAT book. I highly recommend this to anyone. Andy cuts right to the chase and challenges you to make WISE decisions. It builds chapter by chapter and establishes a strong case how we easily see foolish mistakes other people make but we're blind to our own bad decisions.

Read this!
Kim
Aug 10, 2016 Kim rated it really liked it
loved this book would highly recommend especially to those just starting out in life. A great grad present. Fast read with some relevant questions and life situations with sound advice on how to avoid some of the greatest regrets in life!
Melody Gwyn
Apr 02, 2015 Melody Gwyn rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everyone should read this; twice!

It's simple and straight-forward but very insightful. Even if you read the reviews and find out what the question is, you still should read the book to see how he expands on it.

Beverly Fuller
Dec 03, 2014 Beverly Fuller rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I won "Ask It: The Question That Will Revolutionize How You Make Decisions" on Goodreads First Reads. This is the first book that I've read by Andy Stanley, but I will definitely be reading more. What a wonderful book, full of wisdom and simplicity. I will be recommending it to everyone.
Scott Weston
Oct 29, 2014 Scott Weston rated it really liked it
Essentially the same material from his "Best Question Ever" small group study. Still a worthwhile read, even if you've done the small group series.
Ashley Baskin
Jul 16, 2015 Ashley Baskin rated it really liked it
Wonderful book! This is a great read for any age and relates to lots of different circumstances. The earlier though you can read this book, the better!
Dave Bernard
Jun 25, 2016 Dave Bernard rated it it was amazing
Shelves: life-changing
We are meant to analyze every opportunity and invitation through the lens of wisdom. This easy-to-read and understand book has great practical advice on living regret-free.
Stephen Knauff
Stephen Knauff rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2016
Amelia Grimstad
Amelia Grimstad rated it liked it
Aug 07, 2016
Benn Blackmore
Benn Blackmore rated it it was amazing
Jun 29, 2016
Christopher Bollton
Christopher Bollton rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • A Lifelong Love: What If Marriage Is about More Than Just Staying Together?
  • Captivology: The Science of Capturing People's Attention
  • Most People Don't Need A Therapist, They Just Need A Change...An Easy To Use Guide For Positive Sustainable Change
  • Make Change Work for You: 10 Ways to Future-Proof Yourself, Fearlessly Innovate, and Succeed Despite Uncer tainty
  • UNFAIR: Christians and the LGBT Question
  • The Love Wins Companion: A Study Guide for Those Who Want to Go Deeper
  • Know the Heretics (KNOW Series)
  • Out of the House of Bread: Satisfying Your Hunger for God with the Spiritual Disciplines
  • Straight A at Stanford and on to Harvard
  • 31 Days to Becoming a Happy Wife
  • Happy on Purpose
  • A Christian Survival Guide: A Lifeline to Faith and Growth
  • Living the Christian Year: Time to Inhabit the Story of God
  • Lucid Dreaming, Plain and Simple: Tips and Techniques for Insight, Creativity, and Personal Growth
  • The Social Climber's Bible: A Book of Manners, Practical Tips, and Spiritual Advice for the Upwardly Mobile
  • Behind the Therapy Door: Simple Strategies to Transform Your Life
  • Something Has To Change: Little Change - Big Results
  • Anxiety Handbook: The 7-Step Plan to Understand, Manage, and Overcome Anxiety
Andy Stanley is the senior pastor of North Point Community Church, Buckhead Church, and Browns Bridge Community Church. He also founded North Point Ministries, which is a worldwide Christian organization.
More about Andy Stanley...

“One of the primary reasons we don't seek counsel from the wise people around us is that we already know what we are going to hear--and we just don't want to hear it.” 6 likes
“You don't sit around looking for reasons to do the right thing; it's the bad decisions that require creative reasoning.” 2 likes