Start by marking “Kane And Abel And Sons Of Fortune” as Want to Read:
Kane And Abel And Sons Of Fortune

Kane And Abel And Sons Of Fortune

4.24 of 5 stars 4.24  ·  rating details  ·  513 ratings  ·  20 reviews
Two books printed in one binding. Kane & Able - and - Sons of Fortune, both by Jeffrey Archer.
Published (first published September 5th 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Kane And Abel And Sons Of Fortune, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kane And Abel And Sons Of Fortune

I have read nearly all of Mr Archer's books and while "Prisoner of Birth" was by far the best, all were reasonably engaging. "Sons of Fortune", unfortunately, is not up to par. The story is very blah, for lack of a better adjective:) What I mean to say is that there wasn't really much depth, even though a lot happened. Because it was told in this rather cool, detached manner, it read more like a chronology than a novel.
Jeffrey Archer is certainly a good writer, but the characters are h
Loved this book!! Archer is a fabulous writer who creates a time, place, and characters that you get lost in. I couldn't put it down and actually, didn't, unless I had to do required duties. The twist of this story and connections made between the "sons" was great - I had almost forgotten about the connection until it came back towards the end of the book and then I was so happy and thrilled by how he pulled it all together. A great read!!
never read a book like this. what i mean is i could stop reading at any point and pick up again next day or whenever. it did not diminish the interest at all. though when i started i could not go past five pages so i gave to my roommate. he read it half way, got bored and read the story on wikipedia. when he told me the story i was like what the heck, it is the lamest plot i have ever heard. but then when i nothing to do i picked it up skipped a lot of pages and then continued reading it slowly ...more
Lori Linn
Great stories

jeffrey archer is a wonderful.story teller. I had a hard time putting the book Down, I wanted to read constantly!!!
Horace Norbert
The best. Would highly recommend it. Twin brothers separated at birth. One goes political route other goes finances, then political.
Morris Maram
another great read from Jeffrey Archer
Kathy Rutherford johnston
I really enjoy his writing.
Dean Emerick
brilliant storytelling
4.5 Stars - Loved it! A real page-turner! (Kane & Abel)
Madhumala Jagannath
Didn't like it
Actually, I have only read Kane & Abel, but could not find just that one story. Kane & Abel could not be left off of my favorite list of books. It is a book I read many many years ago, but still remember how fabulous it was. It is the story of two friends who go different ways, the story of their lives and their friendship. It is a really really great book.
I've read Jeffrey Archer's newest books, and absolutely loved them. Just thought I'd go back and reread some of his older ones. This one didn't fail to impress me. Loved the story, the characters, everything about it!

Now on to Sons of Fortune which is included in the book. How jealous that I'm not talented as some writers are!
I thought this was a great book but by the time I was 2/3rd s done I knew the ending but I have to admit the book brought tears to my eyes twice near the end so any book that can do that gets 5 stars from me... Jeffrey Archer is a great author... I will read all his books!
I was entrapped in the book the entire time. William Kane is an honorable man. The story line is super. The twist and turns in this story held me spellbound.
This book starts out a little slow and usually isn't a book i would read but it ended great!!
I felt like this book was written under contract, or maybe under duress.
One of the best books I had read! Entertaining and thrilling.
Both books were AMAZING...Kane and Abel probably my favorite book
Ellur Anand
Superb Book!!!!
Lindsey marked it as to-read
Nov 18, 2015
Blue Winter
Blue Winter marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2015
Cab marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2015
  • Zombification: Stories from National Public Radio
  • The Great Tradition: George Eliot, Henry James, Joseph Conrad (Pelican)
  • The Official Highway Code
  • Fyodor Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment (Bloom's Notes)
  • Four Histories ("Richard II", "Henry IV Part One", "Henry IV Part Two", "Henry V")
  • The Adoption Papers
  • Poison
  • The Origin of Species/The Voyage of the Beagle
  • Diary Of An Ordinary Woman
  • Hope Through Heartsongs
Jeffrey Howard Archer, Baron Archer of Weston-super-Mare (born 15 April 1940) is an English author and former politician.

He was a Member of Parliament and deputy chairman of the Conservative Party, and became a life peer in 1992. His political career, having suffered several controversies, ended after a conviction for perverting the course of justice and his subsequent imprisonment. He is married
More about Jeffrey Archer...