Start by marking “Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)

Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons 0.5)

3.62 of 5 stars 3.62  ·  rating details  ·  248 ratings  ·  28 reviews
The Barons, six tight-knit siblings--loud, daring and loyal--are about to discover that love can be as rough as the rodeo. Bestselling author Donna Alward introduces the exciting Texas Rodeo Barons series with her charming prequel novella, Rodeo Rebel.

Back in the ring

Published June 2nd 2014 by Harlequin American Romance (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rodeo Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rodeo Rebel

Jen_C
I just could not like the heroine much and the Hero did a stupid thing in letting her go the way he did. He does his groveling though.

“For God’s sake, it was years ago. Are you saying we can’t even have a friendly conversation after all this time?” He followed her past the end of the stalls until they were in a more private spot—in front of the heavy equipment dealer.
“Friendly?” she whispered harshly. She faced him, looked up into his eyes. “I don’t know how to be friendly with you, Pax. You br
Babs
A nice new read for me from a great author. Pax comes back into Megan's life after letting her go and breaking her heart 5 years ago. When she is thrown off a bull in a rodeo she gets rushed to the hospital as she is uncoinsious. Pax stays with her night and day for a few days as they try and work things out. Can Meg risk her heat being broken again?
Katrina Epperson
This is a wonderful read. The author brings a storyline that will pull the reader in, but the well developed characters will keep you turning the pages.
Megan Robertson and Paxton Lantry have known each other for years, but 7 years ago her broke Megan's heart. They had a summer romance and she fell head over heels in love with Pax, but suddenly after returning to "vet" school Megan got the "I think we should break up phone call. Needless to say she hasn't heard from him in all these years, but k
Char (1RadReader59)
This was a summer romance with plans to go somewhere called dreams. At the end of the summer Megan Robertson leaves the ranch with tears falling after giving herself many times fully to the owners’ son Paxton Lantry who she fell in love with and he with her.
The both had plans of using all forms of multimedia, phones, writing and weekend visits to keep their budding relationship growing. They both had high hopes that they could make this work. They knew it would be hard because Megs would have
Leah
Short, cute, cheesy. Sometimes I find the trope of exes meeting after a breakup, that was obvs just a misunderstanding to be sort of a cop out. Like, instead of the author introducing two new characters and how they fell in love, have an already established relationship. But this was just a short prequel to the rodeo barons series, so whatever. Megan's character was fierce!!! I love an independent romance heroine. Pax was hot and muscular, what more could a girl want? Good read, although there w ...more
Elizabeth
Megan has finally found a place in life where she feels comfortable, happy? Its hard to determine. This was until Pax walked back into her life. One day in his company again and she is completely reevaluating what she wanted from life. Pax is going through emotions of his own. I devoured this novel. I wish for a life where a tall hot cowboy falls in love with me. This novel brought my dreams to the forefront and made me want to believe in love again. I would love to read more novels from this au ...more
Gerd
Megan Robertson and Paxton Lantry are old sweethearts that lost sight of each other for some years, after Meg went to study as a Veterinary and Paxton decided to break up with her after being hit by fate.
But when years later they meet again at a Rodeo, the spark between them is still alive.

I enjoyed this story for the most part, only the backdrop irked me a bit. I'm not a big fan of the idea of bull riding, in fact I think of it as being nothing short of animal cruelty - so, a Vet that wants t
Christine Woinich
I enjoyed this short story. Megan and Paxton were interesting characters, and I understood how they split up. It was a very real situation that could happen. Knowing that this was like an introduction to a series, I read for stiff set up, but it did not feel like that. I hope to read the following novels and will be curious as to how Megan and Paxton (if they show up) continue to grow. Thank you for this introduction.
Donna Porter
This is a very short read only 62 pages. Megan Robertson loves being a vet and riding bulls and barrel racing in the rodeo. Paxton was her true love when they were young but he broke her heart. Five years later she sees him at the rodeo and old feelings surface. She doesn't understand why he sent her away and broke up with her, but she realizes she still loves him. This is a sweet short story
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
4 stars

Quick intro to the Texas Rodeo Barons continuity. I really enjoyed this short novella. Most of the action takes place at the rodeo, and heroine Megan rides bulls, in addition to barrel racing with her trusty horse Samson. The one that got away shows up, and since she never got over Pax, she's in for an emotional weekend.
Kaffi
~!~ Well written clean romance ~!~

~!~ Well written clean romance ~!~

I must say that I am impressed! The amount of backstory and character development that is artfully wound into such a short story is truly amazing.
This is a stand-alone, no cliffhanger, clean, sweet romance with a nice HEA ending.
Theresa
I enjoyed reading this. I'm only giving 4 stars cause there r a few errors in this story. The plot was great. I would recommend this to friends. I really like Meagan as a bull rider. U DON'T see much of that while reading books. All in all good story
Jenna
No cowboy love can resist a reunion romance - especially when the rodeo rebel is our heroine! Not sure I can recommend reading this on a plane though. Donna's books always squeeze my heart and I wind up a bit weepy, in the best way.
Nicole Moore
Ok

Ok

good book but felt something was missing. How did she do in the rodeo after she was hurt? how did jet do? just needed a little more information.
Sandy
Good Story

This is a really good story that shows you can work anything out if you love each other. The characters make you hope for them to do the right thing.
Neena Christianson Martin
I love second chance romances, and this was a good one. They fight the attraction all the way, not wanting to be the first to give in. As a bonus, we get to learn a little about the rodeo.
Katherine
Quick short read.. This is a new author for me, liked her writing style. I will definitely try out the series.
Tessie
Short, sweet, and adorable. Great intro to the Texas Rodeo Barons series.
Micah
I've come to the conclusion that Kindle freebies are usually free for a reason.
Elizabeth Breese
One of the best novellas I've seen! Well written and doesn't feel rushed.
Cici
This is a good summer read. Very short. Sweet. Clean. Good chemistry
TJ
If only we could only fall in love this quickly
Tonileg
Oct 08, 2014 Tonileg is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance, western
As the first female bull rider in her circuit, Megan Robertson needs to focus. But all she can think about is her ex, Pax Lantry.

62 pages and kindle freebie
Nancy
2.5 stars. Adequate writing but I wasn't invested in the relationship.
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: Texas Rodeo Barons
Kirsten
Kirsten marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
  • Destined for the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #0.5)
  • The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm)
  • Learning To Love (Carson Hill Ranch, #1)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • Island Peril (Aftershock, #3.5)
  • Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Courted by a Cowboy (Wyoming Legacy)
  • Western Kisses: Old West Christmas Romances
  • The Outer Edge of Heaven: A Love Story
  • Ride A Cowboy (Cowboy Kink)
  • A Cowboy for Christmas
  • Texas Haven (Dawson Ranch #1)
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #2)
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • The Soldier's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #2)
A busy wife and mother of three (2 daughters and the family dog), Donna Alward believes hers is the best job in the world: a combination of stay-at-home mom and romance novelist.

An avid reader since childhood, Donna always made up her own stories. She completed her Arts Degree in English Literature in 1994, but it wasn't until 2001 that she penned her first full-length novel, and found herself ho
More about Donna Alward...
Hired by the Cowboy (Windover Ranch #1) Sold to the Highest Bidder The House on Blackberry Hill (Jewell Cove, #1) Proud Rancher, Precious Bundle How a Cowboy Stole Her Heart (Larch Valley, #4)