Start by marking “Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons, #0.5)

Rodeo Rebel (Texas Rodeo Barons 0.5)

3.75  ·  Rating Details  ·  355 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
The Barons, six tight-knit siblings--loud, daring and loyal--are about to discover that love can be as rough as the rodeo. Bestselling author Donna Alward introduces the exciting Texas Rodeo Barons series with her charming prequel novella, Rodeo Rebel.

Back in the ring

As the first female bull rider in her circuit, Megan Robertson needs to focus. But all she can think about
Published June 2nd 2014 by Harlequin American Romance (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Rodeo Rebel, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rodeo Rebel

Julie
Rodeo Rebel by Donna Alward is a 2014 Harlequin American Romance publication.

The short story has the distinction of featuring a female bull rider, something that as forward thinking as I would like to believe I am, I don't think I would aspire to.

Naturally, Megan takes a lot of heat from the men on the rodeo circuit for daring to ride bulls, but it wasn't the disrespect of the men, or the bull riding competition that has Megan distracted. It was running into her old boyfriend, Pax, that has he
Chryssa
If you want a short novella, interesting and fun, with cowboys and riding bull girls, then this is for you! Beyond the misunderstandings of what-ifs and words unsaid, love will find its way, no matter the years passing.
Pleasant and fast, it introduces a very intriguing Texan series.

...don't you just love a good cowboy story? It's all about those beautiful...horses~!

Jen_C
I just could not like the heroine much and the Hero did a stupid thing in letting her go the way he did. He does his groveling though.

“For God’s sake, it was years ago. Are you saying we can’t even have a friendly conversation after all this time?” He followed her past the end of the stalls until they were in a more private spot—in front of the heavy equipment dealer.
“Friendly?” she whispered harshly. She faced him, looked up into his eyes. “I don’t know how to be friendly with you, Pax. You br
Babs
Oct 03, 2014 Babs rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
A nice new read for me from a great author. Pax comes back into Megan's life after letting her go and breaking her heart 5 years ago. When she is thrown off a bull in a rodeo she gets rushed to the hospital as she is uncoinsious. Pax stays with her night and day for a few days as they try and work things out. Can Meg risk her heat being broken again?
Tiffany Willams
Mar 21, 2015 Tiffany Willams rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"She'd never gotten over Pax Lantry. She'd loved him too hard. And she was scared to death she still did."

There's just something about cowboys and rodeos! This was a nice, simple read leading into the series.

I liked Megan from the start. She knew what she wanted with her life and she went for it. Although, I think she was crazy to try bullriding! Whew!! When she sees Pax again for the first time in five years, you can tell they never stopped loving each other.

Pax left because his life was back
Katrina Epperson
This is a wonderful read. The author brings a storyline that will pull the reader in, but the well developed characters will keep you turning the pages.
Megan Robertson and Paxton Lantry have known each other for years, but 7 years ago her broke Megan's heart. They had a summer romance and she fell head over heels in love with Pax, but suddenly after returning to "vet" school Megan got the "I think we should break up phone call. Needless to say she hasn't heard from him in all these years, but k
Char (1RadReader59)
This was a summer romance with plans to go somewhere called dreams. At the end of the summer Megan Robertson leaves the ranch with tears falling after giving herself many times fully to the owners’ son Paxton Lantry who she fell in love with and he with her.
The both had plans of using all forms of multimedia, phones, writing and weekend visits to keep their budding relationship growing. They both had high hopes that they could make this work. They knew it would be hard because Megs would have
Leah
Aug 20, 2014 Leah rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short, cute, cheesy. Sometimes I find the trope of exes meeting after a breakup, that was obvs just a misunderstanding to be sort of a cop out. Like, instead of the author introducing two new characters and how they fell in love, have an already established relationship. But this was just a short prequel to the rodeo barons series, so whatever. Megan's character was fierce!!! I love an independent romance heroine. Pax was hot and muscular, what more could a girl want? Good read, although there w ...more
Elizabeth
Jun 28, 2014 Elizabeth rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Megan has finally found a place in life where she feels comfortable, happy? Its hard to determine. This was until Pax walked back into her life. One day in his company again and she is completely reevaluating what she wanted from life. Pax is going through emotions of his own. I devoured this novel. I wish for a life where a tall hot cowboy falls in love with me. This novel brought my dreams to the forefront and made me want to believe in love again. I would love to read more novels from this au ...more
Gerd
Oct 08, 2014 Gerd rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Megan Robertson and Paxton Lantry are old sweethearts that lost sight of each other for some years, after Meg went to study as a Veterinary and Paxton decided to break up with her after being hit by fate.
But when years later they meet again at a Rodeo, the spark between them is still alive.

I enjoyed this story for the most part, only the backdrop irked me a bit. I'm not a big fan of the idea of bull riding, in fact I think of it as being nothing short of animal cruelty - so, a Vet that wants t
Christine Woinich
Dec 14, 2014 Christine Woinich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this short story. Megan and Paxton were interesting characters, and I understood how they split up. It was a very real situation that could happen. Knowing that this was like an introduction to a series, I read for stiff set up, but it did not feel like that. I hope to read the following novels and will be curious as to how Megan and Paxton (if they show up) continue to grow. Thank you for this introduction.
Donna Porter
Nov 03, 2014 Donna Porter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a very short read only 62 pages. Megan Robertson loves being a vet and riding bulls and barrel racing in the rodeo. Paxton was her true love when they were young but he broke her heart. Five years later she sees him at the rodeo and old feelings surface. She doesn't understand why he sent her away and broke up with her, but she realizes she still loves him. This is a sweet short story
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
4 stars

Quick intro to the Texas Rodeo Barons continuity. I really enjoyed this short novella. Most of the action takes place at the rodeo, and heroine Megan rides bulls, in addition to barrel racing with her trusty horse Samson. The one that got away shows up, and since she never got over Pax, she's in for an emotional weekend.
Kaffi
Jun 11, 2014 Kaffi rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~!~ Well written clean romance ~!~

~!~ Well written clean romance ~!~

I must say that I am impressed! The amount of backstory and character development that is artfully wound into such a short story is truly amazing.
This is a stand-alone, no cliffhanger, clean, sweet romance with a nice HEA ending.
Trashy Katie
Apr 15, 2015 Trashy Katie rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-e-book
This story was way too short to provide the characters with enough space to develop and change so the ending could work.

Also, if a guy dumped you 5 years ago after a single summer and it took you YEARS to get over it, you have some serious issues.
Theresa
Dec 15, 2014 Theresa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed reading this. I'm only giving 4 stars cause there r a few errors in this story. The plot was great. I would recommend this to friends. I really like Meagan as a bull rider. U DON'T see much of that while reading books. All in all good story
Jenna
Jun 23, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
No cowboy love can resist a reunion romance - especially when the rodeo rebel is our heroine! Not sure I can recommend reading this on a plane though. Donna's books always squeeze my heart and I wind up a bit weepy, in the best way.
Nicole Moore
Ok

Ok

good book but felt something was missing. How did she do in the rodeo after she was hurt? how did jet do? just needed a little more information.
Sandy
Jun 08, 2014 Sandy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Story

This is a really good story that shows you can work anything out if you love each other. The characters make you hope for them to do the right thing.
kim troup
Jan 15, 2015 kim troup rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

I really liked the book. It is a very sweet book. The writing was very good and the storyline flowed very well.
Neena Christianson Martin
Jul 31, 2014 Neena Christianson Martin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
I love second chance romances, and this was a good one. They fight the attraction all the way, not wanting to be the first to give in. As a bonus, we get to learn a little about the rodeo.
Katherine
Jun 19, 2014 Katherine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick short read.. This is a new author for me, liked her writing style. I will definitely try out the series.
Christine
Sep 11, 2015 Christine rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love the idea of female bull riders! Really good novella, wish it was longer.
Micah
Jul 14, 2014 Micah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I've come to the conclusion that Kindle freebies are usually free for a reason.
Elizabeth
Jul 02, 2014 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best novellas I've seen! Well written and doesn't feel rushed.
Cici
Jun 09, 2014 Cici rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a good summer read. Very short. Sweet. Clean. Good chemistry
TJ
Jun 21, 2014 TJ rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If only we could only fall in love this quickly
Lora Jordan
Jun 14, 2014 Lora Jordan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read for me thx
Maria C
Melissa
Jan 24, 2015 Melissa rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I love that these two had a past. It makes a short story so much better when the characters already had a past you don't know about. Pax & Meg were great. Both missed and loved each other still. This story was nice they had their past and norther moved on still being in love with one another. I loved it. Then Meg had her accident and everything spoiled from there. This book I would've loved to have been a full novel. It was a nice story. I've never read this author and I enjoyed it.
  • The Untameable Texan (Texas Cattleman's Club: After the Storm)
  • Destined for the Maverick (Montana Mavericks: 20 Years in the Saddle! #0.5)
  • Aces Wild (Angels Avengers #1)
  • Learning to Love (Carson Hill Ranch #1)
  • Reckless for Cowboy (Stampede Sizzler, #2)
  • The Handsomest Man in the Country (The Traherns #1)
  • Fallen (Beartooth, Montana, #0.5)
  • Safe by the Marshal's Side (Witness Protection)
  • Destiny Wears Spurs
  • Hanchart Land
  • The Outer Edge of Heaven: A Love Story
  • Pistols and Petticoats (A Historical Western Romance Anthology)
  • Romancing Redemption (Redemption #1)
  • The Search (The Outsider Series, A Fallen Hero to The Awakening bridge short story)
  • Tin-Stars and Troublemakers Box Set (Four Complete Historical Western Romance Novels in One)
  • Marry Me, Cowboy (Copper Mountain Rodeo, #2)
  • Her Fated Cowboy: Cole (Harland County, #1)
  • Lucky (The Harmony Series #2)
While bestselling author Donna Alward was busy studying Austen, Eliot and Shakespeare, she was also losing herself in the breathtaking stories created by romance novelists like LaVyrle Spencer, Judith McNaught, and Nora Roberts. Several years after completing her degree she decided to write a romance of her own and it was true love! Five years and ten manuscripts later she sold her first book and ...more
More about Donna Alward...

Texas Rodeo Barons (6 books)
  • The Texan's Baby (Texas Rodeo Barons, #1)
  • The Texan's Cowgirl Bride (Texas Rodeo Barons, #2)
  • The Texan's Little Secret (Texas Rodeo Barons, #3)
  • The Texan's Twins (Texas Rodeo Barons, #4)
  • The Texan's Surprise Son (Texas Rodeo Barons, #5)
  • The Texan's Christmas (Texas Rodeo Barons, #6)