Start by marking “Infernal Sky (Doom #3)” as Want to Read:
Infernal Sky (Doom #3)

Infernal Sky (Doom #3)

3.37 of 5 stars 3.37  ·  rating details  ·  327 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Hawaii -- the last outpost of civilization on an Earth overrun by demons, traitors, and nightmarish creatures straight out of the pits of Hell. Humanity seems doomed to a bloody ending. Then Hawaii receives a message from aliens claiming to be on our side of the battle. Our last chance: make contact.

The only man for the job -- COrporal Flynn Taggart, U.S. Marine Corps -- "

Mass Market Paperback, 256 pages
Published June 1st 1996 by Pocket Star

To ask other readers questions about Infernal Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Infernal Sky

Falina
There was very little action. The plot focused on Arlene and Albert, and I didn't particularly like the way either one was portrayed in this novel. And most irritatingly, the novel was full of self-indulgent nerd references that take the reader completely out of the narrative, because why would marines in an apocalyptic world fighting for survival be making constant literary and film references? They lost me the moment Albert started talking about something in Star Trek. The militant Mormon at h ...more
D.L. Denham

After saving the world twice, the fight continues for Flynn “Fly” Taggart and Arlene Sanders!

Hugh and Linaweaver do a lot of things right with the series. As an obvious fan of the franchise since childhood, I will do my best to highlight the best aspects of the novel. Despite my opinions, this review is redundant if you have not yet enjoyed the first two novels of the Doom series, which are far superior to the last two books: Knee-Deep in the Dead and Hell on Earth.

While the mission in Hell on E
John Opalenik
Based on the video game series, but only as a jumping off point (which makes sense since the video game had an extremely simple plot).

Rather than "demons" they're aliens, and the whole situation of Earth is actually a very small conflict, almost insignificant to a greater multi-galaxy war. Interesting idea.

I was probably too young to read it at the time, but it did inspire me to be able to read more complex books.

Dark-Draco
The third book in the series. Flynn, Arlene, Albert and Jill have made it to Hawaii, where those humans that haven't started working with the aliens, are planning a resistance. When a message comes through the gate from a different set of aliens, ones claiming to be enemies of the 'Freds', Fly and Arlene have to go back to the moons of Mars, fight there way through the base and enter the gates on a possible suicide mission to contact potential allies.

This one wasn't as good the as the previous
Jerry Hart
I'm not a fan of first-person, and writing from three or four characters' perspectives in this way is messy and confusing. I had a lot of trouble realizing which character I was following in a given scene.
Andy
Still an enjoyable read, however I feel this book is where the series starts to go off on a bit of a strange tangent from the source materials.
Georgi Pachov
You cannot tell a story about A and B in the first two books, and then unveil a whole new alphaben in the third. The story seemed farfetched and written 'due to demand'.

The humoristic style of writing persists, though, and it is still a fun read, despite not being very mind-catching.
Sid
I have spent so many hours on the video game I was wondering what the background story may be. Was not even aware there were books on doom. Thanks to ebay I bought the lot cheap. Usually I don't read to much science fiction. I thought they were ok. Books 1 and 2 kind of explained what happen in the game. # and 4 took it much further. Not a bad light read.
David Hackman
Where did it all go wrong. Right here. This abomination of a story should have ended at the last book, yet here we are with a whole bunch of tripe that they feel needs to be extended. A very poor work.
Seiran
Seiran marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Viking Joe
Viking Joe marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Rebecca Kennedy
Rebecca Kennedy marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Taylor Dunbar
Taylor Dunbar marked it as to-read
Nov 05, 2014
Joshua L Carroll
Joshua L Carroll marked it as to-read
Nov 03, 2014
Stephen Robertson
Stephen Robertson marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
E
E marked it as to-read
Oct 29, 2014
Samantha Rule
Samantha Rule marked it as to-read
Oct 26, 2014
Laci
Laci added it
Oct 26, 2014
David Ashenden
David Ashenden marked it as to-read
Oct 20, 2014
Kelsey
Kelsey marked it as to-read
Oct 17, 2014
Alex
Alex added it
Oct 10, 2014
Daniel M
Daniel M marked it as to-read
Oct 08, 2014
  • Speed of Darkness (StarCraft, #3)
  • Nova (StarCraft: Ghost, #1)
  • Metal Gear Solid 2: The Novel: Sons of Liberty
  • Dead Space
  • Underworld  (Resident Evil, #4)
  • Starcraft: Spectres (Starcraft: Ghost Series #2)
  • Heaven's Devils (StarCraft II, #1)
  • Shadow Hunters (StarCraft: The Dark Templar Saga, #2)
  • Starcraft: I, Mengsk
  • Gears of War: Jacinto's Remnant (Gears of War, #2)
  • Borderlands: The Fallen
  • Prophets of the Dark Side (Star Wars: Jedi Prince, #6)
  • Liberty's Crusade (StarCraft, #1)
  • Mass Effect: Incursion
  • Queen of Blades (Starcraft)
Dafydd ab Hugh (born David Friedman) is a U.S. science fiction author.
More about Dafydd ab Hugh...
Knee-Deep in the Dead (Doom #1) The Final Fury (Star Trek Voyager, #9; Invasion, Book 4) Balance of Power (Star Trek: The Next Generation #33) Hell on Earth (Doom #2) Fallen Heroes