Start by marking “How to Deal with Difficult People: Smart Tactics for Overcoming the Problem People in Your Life” as Want to Read:

DON'T LET PROBLEM PEOPLE GET TO YOU!

Whether it's a manager who keeps moving the goal posts, an uncooperative colleague, negative friend, or critical family member, some people are just plain hard to get along with.

Often, your immediate response is to shrink or sulk, become defensive or attack. But there are smarter moves to make when dealing with difficult people. This boo
Published January 7th 2015 by Capstone (first published October 29th 2014)

To ask other readers questions about How to Deal with Difficult People, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How to Deal with Difficult People

Ly Tran
Apr 05, 2016 Ly Tran rated it it was ok
Currently my academic projects and assignments at school have several problems concerning with human. Working in teams is both interesting and challenging. Difficult people or impossible people, to me, are ones who are "impossible" to deal with because truly their characteristics are "impossible" to digest. One one hand, they act as if you guys are besties (eww) and on the other hand they back-stab you oh trust me I have just experienced it today. I used to be upset or hot-tempered, but not it ...more
L
Apr 27, 2016 L rated it liked it
Recommends it for: beginners
The book was a bit fluffy at times and offered very basic tips on conversations with difficult people. I did like the frame work of asking "is it me?" followed by practical steps to be more assertive. There are very practical examples, albeit not the most challenging types. A short read but don't expect life altering methods unless you haven't read any of the other kind of conversation skill books.
Outdoors Nerd
May 20, 2016 Outdoors Nerd rated it really liked it
Reading books like this makes friends and acquaintances nervous. So I'll start by explaining I chose this book because it focuses on the reader, their reactions, their mindsets, their emotions, not on the 'Difficult People'.

A great resource to return to as you meet with the personality types and situations listed. A thoughtful, set of techniques and approaches for both you private and professional life.
Mrs
Mrs rated it it was amazing
Feb 08, 2016
Kristin Dahl
Kristin Dahl rated it liked it
Jul 26, 2016
Kevpar
Kevpar rated it really liked it
Apr 02, 2015
Natalie Nelson
Natalie Nelson rated it really liked it
Feb 27, 2016
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2016
Awais Ashraf
Awais Ashraf rated it it was amazing
Apr 17, 2015
Voracious
Feb 18, 2015 Voracious rated it liked it
Good advice, but nothing I haven't tried already.
Mario A.
Mario A. rated it liked it
Sep 07, 2016
Elsie
Elsie rated it liked it
Jan 21, 2015
dani
dani rated it it was amazing
Sep 28, 2016
Rosemary Miller
Rosemary Miller rated it really liked it
Mar 26, 2015
Kathy Varker
Kathy Varker rated it it was amazing
Aug 25, 2015
Chaga
Chaga rated it it was amazing
Mar 02, 2016
Karol
Karol rated it it was ok
Feb 06, 2016
Chad Snyder
Chad Snyder rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Beau
Beau rated it liked it
Sep 01, 2015
Jarret
Jarret rated it it was ok
Dec 05, 2014
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Ramona
Ramona rated it really liked it
May 08, 2016
Tuan
Tuan rated it it was ok
Sep 28, 2016
Mialuckyy
Mialuckyy rated it it was amazing
Aug 21, 2016
Jesse McCarthy
Jesse McCarthy rated it liked it
Oct 13, 2016
Arto
Arto rated it liked it
Sep 22, 2016
Antonieta
Antonieta rated it it was amazing
Dec 18, 2015
Hazel
Hazel rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2016
Marlene
Marlene rated it really liked it
May 29, 2016
Gill Hasson is the author of Mindfulness: Be mindful. Live in the moment works with people from diverse backgrounds and situations. Her key motivation is her belief in the ability of people to positively change their way of thinking - about life, other people, and themselves.

She is a freelance journalist and writes articles on personal development and relationships for a variety of magazines, incl
More about Gill Hasson...