Miki Falls, Volume 4: Winter

Miki Falls, Volume 4: Winter (Miki Falls #4)

4.25 of 5 stars 4.25  ·  rating details  ·  585 ratings  ·  42 reviews
Can love survive?

But she has different plans.

With the help of an unlikely ally, Miki and Hiro endure a daring journey, battli...more
Published January 2nd 2008 by HarperTeen

Ashley
When I read a series of books -like this one, I tend to judge the series as a whole and at first I thought the way the others were going I was going to wind up being weird and boring! I was thinking that this series was just someone trying their hands on being a manga artist. But in the end I was wrong, this book, the last one, help redeemed some part of that for me!

In the first book I thought this guy has an unique way of drawing that he is putting to make his mangas different, distinctive! Fir...more
Yuki0luv
Jennifer Wardrip
Reviewed by Sarah Bean the Green Bean Teen Queen for TeensReadToo.com

MIKI FALLS: WINTER is the final volume in the four volume MIKI FALLS manga series. The story opens with Miki and Hiro camping out and on the run from the Deliverers, who are out to find them, since their relationship is against Deliverer rules.

Anra, Hiro's hold spirit, is leading Miki and Hiro on a path to Otaru, where they should be able to catch a boat to aid in their escape plan. But when it appears that Anra isn't listenin...more
Jocelyne
August 2013: 3 Stars
An interesting ending to the series. Mother Freya pissed me off.
There was a moment, on page 62, where Hiro says: "I've done nothing to deserve that kind of devotion." (meaning, Miki ran away to be with him, suffered tremendous challenges and blah blah blah). Anyway, all I could think was: "You're completely right Hiro. You did absolutely nothing to qualify as worthy of that kind of devotion, in my books, and yet, Miki threw everything away to be with you." But my problem here...more
Sarai
Product Description
Can love survive? It's winter, and a bitter chill of desperation has settled over Miki and Hiro. Far from home, the young couple treks through the frozen north, with Akuzu's powerful agents hot on their trail. Miki knows they are determined to tear her and Hiro apart. But she has different plans. With the help of an unlikely ally, Miki and Hiro endure a daring journey, battling freezing conditions and frightening forces just to be together. Miki is certain they can make it, ho...more
Ms. LaPorte
One thing I enjoy in series is the sense of fashion Mark Crilley gives his characters.

?? Page 58 - "I'll see if I can't get Saka-chan off his butt to fix ya some grub." I'm checking on this, isn't -chan an address for a female? Maybe it a joke about Saka.

Okay, the story is a bit "sappy," but the suspense keeps you intrigued. I think the end is a bit rushed, the voice of Akuzu doesn't come across with the force or expression to create the strong presence the character demands. The discussion doe...more
Maggie
Jun 01, 2009 Maggie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Maggie by: BFF Sara
Lilybeth
Great conclusion to an incredible series.
Shanrox
Mursal
Ashley Brooke
I really wanted to like this series. I had heard very good things about it. However, I found all four graphic novels to be boring and had very little motivation to even finish the series.

The animation is pretty 85% of the time. To me, it read like a storyboard, which I guess you could say is how graphic novels are supposed to come off. However, It took me away from the story, more so than when I have read manga in the past.

Not my cup of tea.
Susan Bischoff
This last book in the series was no disappointment. I loved every page. I wish there more like it out there--the novel-like quality of the writing, the soft, beautiful art, the lack of hyperbole in the characters' emotions... And also the fact that this delivers its story in 4 volumes, making it a more affordable journey to experience, and one that is easily read in one sitting. I'd recommend this series to anyone.
Adam Heine
This whole series was not quite what I expected. It's a really cute love story, with less suspense than I hoped for (though this fourth book had plenty of it).

I felt like there was more text than there should've been--telling more than showing--but the art is FANTASTIC. And Mark Crilley has a great feel for how to use comic panels. I'll probably never write comics, but I feel like I learned a lot.
Kari Ramirez
Miki and Hiro are on the run from the Deliverers and Akuzu, the powerful Elder who is determined to find Hiro and make an example out of him. Braving the elements and not knowing who to trust the two star-crossed lovers find out if a Deliverer can actually find love with a human.

A satisfying conclusion to a fabulous series! I loved every panel of this series from cover to cover.
Michelle Zafora
i finished this in like 20 minutes. i couldn't put it down for a minute. this was a mix of romance, science fiction and some good quality writing lol. every page had a quotable line and it made me want to fall in love :'). it was totally great. i don't want to reveal too much but this series is definitely 20 out of 10.
Joseph dela Cruz
Chris
better than the rest of the series to conclude. still a lot of melodramatic emotional scenes.
again, art was great. I liked the last few pages that showed sketches and early character concepts.
ok series but probably wouldn't have kept through the whole thing if I didn't like the illustration.
Laurie
Jul 07, 2008 Laurie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: ya
It ended just like I thought it would! Mark Crilley came to our library last year, and I was very impressed to learn about his process. His art is beautiful, and this is a very satisfying conclusion to the love story he began in Miki Falls: Spring.
Christina
I was surprised to find that I enjoyed reading this manga series. First manga books I've ever read and I'm glad that my reading challenge introduced me to it. Not the most in depth intellectual read, but for young readers I do recommend it!
Adrienne Furness
On page 160, I thought maybe I was going to have to unfriend Mark Crilley on Facebook, but then I got to page 162 and changed my mind. Close one. Needless to say, the series totally sucked me in: teens, drama, a paranormal twist, and excellent art.
Cute, short series with some twists and turns that I personally found rather enjoyable, and the premise is interesting enough. The art style, too, though definitely influenced by Japanese manga, is unique in it's American style.
J3nNiF3r BaBii3
i read this book and it is a really good book because it is basicly tlking about a couple trying to stay together so they go threw a hwole big process to be together!!!awesome book lol
Carrie
More about a girl who met a boy and fell for him completely. But with more snow and suspense in this volume. I'm pretty sure it's the fluffiest little thing I've ever read. Awwww.
Anne
Really liked this series. 4.5 stars for the series as a whole. Very sweet, hopeful, encouraging. (if you like that sort of "love conquers all" thing)
Caroline
In this last, wonderful book Miki and Hiro finally get caught. What consequences will they face? Will they ever be able to be together?
Susan
Everyone has these giant chins. It's very distracting. There was a happy ending, but I can't say that I really cared about Miki and Hiro.
J3nNiF3r BaBii3
uii really love this part and series of the book it is so romantic i love books lke this one and kind lmfao !!!! =0
Raegan
The only manga I've read before this is Maximum Ride manga, but WOW, this series is awesome! Recommend!
Tara
BAHAHALOLNO ! IT WAS NOT, THIS CLIFFHANGER & THE VEEERY END . HAHAHA NO I HAVE NO PATIENCE FOR THESE THINGS .
Amnaa511
Such an awesome book. I loved it from the beginning to the very end. What a nice way to end a story.. <3
  • Emma, Vol. 06
  • Hunter x Hunter, Vol. 26 (Hunter x Hunter, #26)
  • Bizenghast Volume 5
  • R.O.D. Read or Die 3 (R.O.D. Read or Die, #3)
  • Sorcerers & Secretaries: Volume 2
  • Dramacon, Volume 2 (v. 2)
  • From Far Away, Vol. 10
  • Happy Cafe, Volume 2
Mark Crilley is an American comic book creator and children's book author/illustrator. He is the creator of Miki Falls, Akiko, and Brody's Ghost. He is also noted for his instructional videos for drawing in the manga-style. Crilley distributes drawing advice to artists via YouTube videos and his DeviantArt account. In August 2010, he starred in some how to draw videos for Funimation on demand. Mar...more
More about Mark Crilley...
Miki Falls, Volume 1: Spring Miki Falls, Volume 2: Summer Miki Falls, Volume 3: Autumn Brody's Ghost, Volume 1 Mastering Manga with Mark Crilley: 30 Drawing Lessons from the Creator of Akiko