Start by marking “Dear Shrink” as Want to Read:
Dear Shrink

Helen Cresswell

Dear Shrink

3.1 of 5 stars 3.10  ·  rating details  ·  10 ratings  ·  2 reviews
When the woman looking after them in their parents' absence dies suddenly, three children find themselves in foster care and must use all their courage and ingenuity to cope with the situation.
Published (first published January 1st 1982)

To ask other readers questions about Dear Shrink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dear Shrink

Serena Reese
This book was a horrendous rip-off of The Catcher in the Rye. I read this many years ago, and never forgot the title. I've since forgotten most of the content, but I do remember that several unmistakable elements of J.D. Salinger's book were stolen. It was disgusting. The main character, his little sister, the parents, even the way the main character talked and acted were clearly taken from The Catcher in the Rye. This book is borderline plagiarism. I absolutely cannot believe this woman had the ...more
Kate
I have gotten used to demanding real danger from youth authors, but this is really a juvenile-level book, so I think the danger that is there (esp, and most creepily, from the foster father that wants to get Lucy alone) is sufficient; at first, though, I was ambivalent about the parents coming home from the Amazon and finding the kids in the nick of time. The writing is great.
Elamparo Ruth
Elamparo Ruth marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Jay
Jay added it
Nov 22, 2007
What is the worst book you have ever read? 1 3 Apr 18, 2013 06:12AM
Ordinary Jack (The Bagthorpe Saga, #1) Moondial Absolute Zero: Being the Second Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #2) Bagthorpes Unlimited: Being the Third Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #3) Bagthorpes V. the World: Being the Fourth Part of the Bagthorpe Saga (The Bagthorpe Saga, #4)