Start by marking “During the Fall” as Want to Read:
During the Fall

During the Fall

Jenny and Alex are high school sweethearts intertwined in an idyllic romance that spans several decades. Their journey carries them through unexpected trials that challenge the security and the very foundation of their relationship. Jenny's fears of losing the only man she's ever loved quickly become overshadowed by a tragedy she couldn't have imagined. This is an ...more
Published May 15th 2014 by Cheryl Murnane

To ask other readers questions about During the Fall, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about During the Fall

The Author Visits
Aug 19, 2014 The Author Visits rated it liked it
FTC Disclosure: I received this book for free from Cheryl in exchange for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

Review by Kristin Lundgren on behalf of The Author Visits.

This is Cheryl's debut novel. During the Fall is a story of Jenny and Alex, two high school sweethearts who meet for the first time at the beginning of the book, and then go on a whirlwind of life, through love, college, marriage, kids, perseverance and loss. It is also a story
Stacy
Jul 20, 2014 Stacy rated it really liked it
Shelves: firstreads
I won this book as a FirstRead.

For Jenny and Alex, it was love at first sight when they met in high school. The first half of the book covers the highlights of the first 26 or so years of their relationship, and the second half of the book goes into detail about the tragedy mentioned in the description on the back of the book (which I don't want to spoil).

I enjoyed the story. The author did a good job of letting us know the thoughts and emotions of both Jenny and Alex. It was a good first effort
Patricia Bateson
Mar 09, 2016 Patricia Bateson rated it it was amazing
I loved this book "During the Fall!!" I very quickly connected with the characters and found myself completely immersed in the storyline waiting with anticipation for what was to come!! It's heart warming, delightful and I so enjoyed the serendipities and synchronicities which were weaved throughout the book. It makes you a "believer" in what is possible for yourself and the world...with a little bit of faith, hope and trust. Would highly recommend it to anyone on their journey!!!
Julie Sabo
Jun 13, 2014 Julie Sabo rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through a Goodreads giveaway. This is Cheryl Murnane's first novel and for a first time author I thought it was a decent book. I absolutely loved the first half of the book. It was fast-paced and I very much enjoyed the characters. However, the second half of the book moves at a much slower pace. Not to say I didn't enjoy the story but it started to become a bit repetitive in its overall message towards the end. Overall I liked it and would recommend it to a friend.
Mellissa Walles
Aug 13, 2014 Mellissa Walles rated it really liked it
Beautiful love story that emphasizes the power of faith, love and family.
Donna McBroom-Theriot
Oct 14, 2014 Donna McBroom-Theriot rated it really liked it
During the Fall is an inspirational book and a nice read. At the core of the book was the simple, yet profound message that we are not in charge; God is. It is a heart-warming story of a young Christian family that must go through a tragedy to find their faith.

While I found there were parts of the book that could have been edited down to make the story more concise, it was a great book. The story showed a deep and profound love between the characters and their families. In today's fast-paced wor
Cheryl
Sep 18, 2014 Cheryl rated it liked it
This is not the typical type of book that I would read (usually I like thrillers or humorous books), but I thought I would try a different type of genre. The first half of the book I enjoyed and quickly read. The second half of the book was slower paced and too religious for my taste. The book would be good for a church group discussion or a book club. Overall, I was impressed by the writing especially for a debut novel.
Angelica Dimeo
Sep 01, 2014 Angelica Dimeo rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book from goodreads.
I liked how it went in to how Alex and Jenny met
and their daily lives and interactions.
I did not like how at times the pace was slow and
difficult to read through.
Thanks for the opportunity.
Toni
Mar 15, 2016 Toni rated it it was ok
I had a difficult time identifying with the characters and felt like they were very flat. Everything was a bit too perfect and unrealistic. I found myself rolling my eyes alot.
Yoselin Lopez
Yoselin Lopez rated it really liked it
Jan 05, 2015
Lynn Collins
Lynn Collins rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2016
Cris-anne
Cris-anne rated it it was amazing
Feb 16, 2015
Tara Winters
Tara Winters rated it it was amazing
Aug 30, 2014
Claire
Claire rated it really liked it
Aug 22, 2014
Jennifer Smith
Jennifer Smith rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Andrea Marble
Andrea Marble rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
Jenn Sprusansky
Jenn Sprusansky rated it it was amazing
Feb 17, 2015
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Carla Lobosco
Carla Lobosco marked it as to-read
Adylure
Adylure marked it as to-read
LAWonder10
LAWonder10 marked it as to-read
Gloria
Gloria marked it as to-read
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Deb Ristow
Deb Ristow marked it as to-read
Sindy
Sindy marked it as to-read
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Becky Gibson
Becky Gibson marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Katherine
Katherine marked it as to-read
Terry Foster
Terry Foster marked it as to-read
Lorelei Frank
Lorelei Frank marked it as to-read
Spring Adams
Spring Adams marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Deborah Blanchard
Deborah Blanchard marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Jaime
Jaime marked it as to-read
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
Malinda
Malinda marked it as to-read
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Janet Gutierrez
Janet Gutierrez marked it as to-read
Jessica Kimbel
Jessica Kimbel marked it as to-read
Shelley
Shelley marked it as to-read
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
  • The Stone Lion
  • Picnic in Eden
  • A Kick-Ass Fairy
  • Amidst Traffic
  • A Cyber Affair
  • Christmastime 1942 (The Christmastime Series, #3)
  • Wounded Women of the Bible: Finding Hope When Life Hurts
  • Hearth Song (Home in the Hills, #2)
  • Picture Perfect Family (Claremont, Alabama, #3)
  • Jump, Jive, and Wail
  • Just Add Water
8200080
CHERYL MURNANE lives in a suburb of Boston with her husband, two children, and dog, Mitzi. During the Fall is Cheryl’s first novel. As a practitioner of yoga, she lives a disciplined life, balanced by faith and family, and she believes that everything happens for reasons we may not always understand. Cheryl loves to hear from fans at www.facebook.com/cherylmurnaneauthor or through email cherylmurn ...more
More about Cheryl Murnane...