Start by marking “The Witch Who Saved Halloween” as Want to Read:
The Witch Who Saved Halloween

The Witch Who Saved Halloween

Witchard must solve a mystery. The situation is serious. Pollution is making it hard to breathe, buckles tarnish, and all sorts of unpleasant things are happening. And the witches are thinking of leaving the Earth to live on a cleaner planet!

Witchard finds a satisfactory solution to the pollution problem and in doing so meets some Earthling boys who become his friends and
Published August 1st 1978 by Avon Books (first published June 1940)

To ask other readers questions about The Witch Who Saved Halloween, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Witch Who Saved Halloween

Qt
Oct 05, 2014 Qt rated it liked it
2 1/2 to 3 stars.
Aleta
Oct 10, 2009 Aleta rated it really liked it
I had this book as a child and loved it. I read it over and over one summer until I lost it (to my great disappointment) by leaving it at the beach house we'd rented one week on vacation - maybe some other child found it and enjoyed it too.

I wanted to read it again as an adult. It's a cute story. I'd forgotten how much of an environmental message the book has. Humans (which are rather oddly called earthlings in the story) have caused lots of damage with all our pollution - pollution that hurts
Jenne
Oct 27, 2012 Jenne rated it liked it
Definitely way more preachy than I remembered, and Witchard far less charming, but I still enjoyed all the cute little details of how the witches live. Especially how they have different uniforms for each age, kind of like Girl Scouts!
Dolly
Nov 03, 2009 Dolly rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
This book was merely okay. It had a good message and some interesting action, but it was far too long, far too preachy, and bored me to tears. Our girls seemed to like it; otherwise I would've stopped reading it ages ago. We could only read about 2-10 pages at any time, so it took us forever to read. The last night I read over 20 pages, just to finish it.
Elizabeth
Oct 15, 2012 Elizabeth rated it liked it
Shelves: read-with-kids
Reading this with my oldest, I remember reading it as a kid and enjoying it (and also her other book, The Resident Witch, but my son chose this one as the protagonist is a boy). It feels a bit dated, but not too badly, and my son is loving it.
Connie Gunderson
Nowhere near as good as I remember it being. The Resident Witch was way better. FYI, Halloween isn't the theme of the book at all -- pollution is. Just what every kid wants to read about.
Harriette
Apr 11, 2013 Harriette rated it really liked it
I read this when I was 12 years old and this is one of my favorite children's book ever since:)))
Jordan
Jordan rated it liked it
Dec 23, 2012
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
May 05, 2011
mitchell k dwyer
mitchell k dwyer rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2007
Azure Rose
Azure Rose rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2013
Christine
Christine rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2012
Casey
Casey rated it really liked it
Jun 09, 2013
Impyfiche
Impyfiche rated it it was amazing
Jun 22, 2012
Krysten
Krysten rated it liked it
Jan 04, 2015
catastrophegirl
catastrophegirl rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2008
Ju
Ju rated it it was amazing
Jan 05, 2013
Jaime
Jaime rated it really liked it
Dec 15, 2008
Jenna
Jenna rated it it was ok
Apr 27, 2014
Roxann Keating
Roxann Keating rated it liked it
Apr 21, 2015
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it it was amazing
Mar 16, 2011
Kris
Kris rated it really liked it
Dec 14, 2008
Elisa
Elisa rated it it was amazing
Dec 31, 2015
Madika Bryant
Madika Bryant rated it liked it
Nov 22, 2015
Kimberly
Kimberly marked it as to-read
May 07, 2008
Eloise
Eloise added it
Jul 24, 2014
Liana Kirkey
Liana Kirkey marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Stephen Sultan
Stephen Sultan marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2016