Start by marking “1,000 Garden Ideas: The Best of Everything in a Visual Sourcebook” as Want to Read:
1,000 Garden Ideas: The Best of Everything in a Visual Sourcebook

1,000 Garden Ideas: The Best of Everything in a Visual Sourcebook

In more than forty years of travel, Stafford Cliff—designer and gardener—has gathered a planet’s worth of inspiration on elements to enhance a garden. The result is 1000 Garden Ideas, a visual encyclopedia bursting with just about every garden idea ever invented by man or inspired by nature, artfully presented in more than 1
Published February 4th 2008 by Artisan (first published September 7th 2007)

To ask other readers questions about 1,000 Garden Ideas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 1,000 Garden Ideas

Dec 29, 2009 jess rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2009, growing
First, I just want to mention that it is kind of ridiculous that the 100th book I read this year is a giant book of pictures of various garden features. I hope that doesn't diminish my dedication to young adult fiction, Oprah's book club authors, and quality graphic novels.

Secondly, about this book. First of all, the title is completely a lie. There are far more than 1,000 ideas for a garden in this book. How many ideas can you fit in one picture? Well, then, it's a lot. There are pages and pag
Jan Polep
Feb 24, 2012 Jan Polep rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition I know where the PINTEREST idea of collections may have started. This book is chockfull of garden picture words. Pots, pools, benches, birdhouses, fountains, follies, gates, sundials, name it. Perfect book to dream with on a snowy day.
Mar 27, 2009 Melody rated it did not like it
Visually lovely but devoid of useful information. For instance, if one sees a statue on page 198, one might expect sourcing information in an index. No love here, just a rudimentary photo credit and then a jumble of sources with no links to individual pictures. Frustrating!
Apr 14, 2008 Amy rated it it was ok
Shelves: nonfiction
Not as good as I thought it would be. I would have liked to see the ideas and how they worked in an overall garden plan. Rather, 2 X 3 inch snapshots are shown for pavers, fences, ponds, etc. There is no way to see how these items would look in an actual garden.
Sep 27, 2013 Robin rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fic, gardening
This is a beautiful book full of ideas for accessorizing your garden. It won't tell you anything about gardening. Copiously photo-filled, it can be overwhelming. I could have used some white space between the pictures.
Sep 21, 2011 Sheree rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gardening-books
I love this book so much that I am tempted to steal it from the library. (For shame!) But I will control myself and renew, renew, renew. Endless photographs of garden details. A feast the the eyes and creative spirit.
Kater Cheek
Jun 27, 2009 Kater Cheek rated it liked it
This book is exactly what it says it is: 1000 garden ideas, from topiaries to paving stones. It's almost entirely pictures, and pictures of expensive estates that you can't afford, but it does provide inspiration.
Feb 20, 2009 Dianne rated it did not like it
1000 tiny pictures, no real ideas.
Peter added it
Apr 14, 2016
Caleb Melchior
Caleb Melchior rated it really liked it
May 18, 2015
Jo Asbury
Jo Asbury rated it liked it
Nov 29, 2014
Gatis marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Tejashree marked it as to-read
Aug 08, 2014
Trifona Triton
Trifona Triton marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2014
Sarah "Kat"
Sarah "Kat" marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Ines Bićanić
Ines Bićanić marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2014
T Bump
T Bump marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Dave White
Dave White rated it liked it
Nov 13, 2013
Jogge rated it liked it
Nov 03, 2013
Edwirinia rated it liked it
Oct 08, 2013
Christine rated it did not like it
May 05, 2013
Anna marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2013
Janet rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2013
Alicia marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2012
Nicole rated it did not like it
Feb 20, 2012
Aeowin added it
Aug 02, 2011
Anita added it
Jul 29, 2011
Angela marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2011