Start by marking “Thank You for Being Such a Pain: Spiritual Guidance for Dealing with Difficult People” as Want to Read:

With wisdom and humor, Thank You for Being Such a Pain offers gentle and compassionate guidance for understanding and healing relationships with difficult people. By embracing four fundamental premises and putting into practice the author's many helpful and practical suggestions, you'll acquire the skills and insights necessary for turning around even the most troublesome ...more
Published April 27th 1999 by Harmony (first published March 3rd 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Thank You for Being Such a Pain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thank You for Being Such a Pain

Diana
Jan 29, 2012 Diana rated it really liked it
This book intrigued me. Everyone has someone in their lives that puzzles them and makes them uncomfortable. This book challenges you to dig deeper into why they puzzle you and make you uncomfortable. In a quote from the book, "the fundamental premise of this book is that spiritual development is about growing as a person and that difficult people teach us how to do this. By paying attention to our experiences with difficult people, we learn things about ourselves that wouldn't ordinarily come to ...more
Jennifer Heise
Nov 12, 2013 Jennifer Heise rated it really liked it
Interesting book, full of techniques that I've read about from others and some I have incorporated. The one thing I was looking for, how to use these techniques without falling overboard and sinking into self analysis and even self blame, wasn't in there but for those who don't habitually go to extremes of like that it's probably unnecessary.
It's best to read it while working through the exercises and taking one's time with it, otherwise it blurs together. The first quarter was best for reading
Shita Dewi
Nov 27, 2007 Shita Dewi rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone
Actually I read this book almost 2 years ago, but what had happened lately forced me to pick up this book from my "little" library. It has helped me dealing with my tragic separation with my ex, and this time it helps by giving me clues how to handle my present situation. Dealing with difficult people. I think the difficult part is not because of the people but the reality that they're my best friends. My dear dear friends.

In short words, Mark I Rosen has written a book that everyone should rea
Robin
Apr 16, 2010 Robin rated it it was amazing
Blessed book.
Full of balanced wisdom and spiritual ideas. He walks you through possible scenarios for dealing with challenging people in your life, letting you make the decision about how to move forward and whether to try and repair, get revenge, ignore OR (and there's always the OR) adjust your thinking. He also helps you see patters in your behavior that just might be part of the problem!
Tara Choate
Sep 10, 2011 Tara Choate rated it it was ok
I have a difficult person in my life and periodically read a book along these lines. Nothing strikingly new, just good general advice on the subject. While the title was about spirituality, that was the part I least enjoyed.
Christe
Feb 06, 2012 Christe rated it really liked it
Shelves: to-read-again
Excellent book! If you are having any kind of difficulty with someone, whether it be at work or at home, this is the book for you. ;) Very well written & very insightful! You won't regret choosing to read this book. :)
Carol
Jun 10, 2010 Carol rated it did not like it
I doubt I'll finish it. Statistics do not show that cancer is caused by a bad attitude. ass.
Denise
Aug 09, 2008 Denise rated it really liked it
great book! learning a lot about myself and how to handle difficult people and difficult situations!
Nancy
Dec 24, 2014 Nancy rated it it was amazing
A really good look at how to deal with people who MAKE YOU CRAZY! And we've all got a few of them in our lives. Sound advice…good insights…I highly recommend you read it.
Nancy
Jul 19, 2011 Nancy rated it did not like it
The terms "Universe", "Holy One" and "God" are NOT interchangeable.
Kristin
Aug 09, 2009 Kristin rated it it was ok
Borrowed from Dawn
Sheri Peddy
Sheri Peddy rated it it was amazing
Oct 07, 2013
Kyle
Kyle rated it it was amazing
Jul 02, 2008
Monica Willyard
Monica Willyard rated it liked it
Sep 04, 2013
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2016
Anne
Anne rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2008
Julie
Julie rated it liked it
Aug 16, 2012
Andy
Andy rated it really liked it
Feb 26, 2009
Jen
Jen rated it really liked it
Jun 02, 2013
John Forman
John Forman rated it really liked it
May 26, 2012
Erin
Erin rated it liked it
Feb 13, 2012
Hall
Hall rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2010
Rosemary
Rosemary rated it liked it
Sep 10, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia rated it really liked it
Jan 29, 2015
Lorien Roberts
Lorien Roberts rated it liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Gina
Gina rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2013
Laura Tiessen
Laura Tiessen rated it it was amazing
Jul 14, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Mar 18, 2015
Nick Park
Nick Park rated it it was ok
Jun 10, 2011
Goddesshollylighter
Goddesshollylighter rated it really liked it
Sep 04, 2009
« previous 1 3 next »

“Everyone says forgiveness is a lovely idea, until they have something to forgive. C. S. LEWIS A” 0 likes
“When external sources of power are sought in personal relationships to overcome inner feelings of powerlessness, power comes not from a place of strength but from a place of weakness. This can only lead to trouble. Using” 0 likes