Start by marking “Dark Country” as Want to Read:
Dark Country

Dark Country

The second novel featuring FBIagent Georgina O'Neilfinds her faced withher most challenging and disturbing case yet

Genna Dark, a singer on the verge of stardom, goes missing. Her mother and grandmother, bothcountry and westernstars, were kidnapped and murdered20 years apart as they were about to hit the big time.Is there a connection or is this the work of a copycat? Is Ge
Published February 1st 2015 by Caffeine Nights Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Dark Country, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dark Country

Josh
Feb 08, 2015 Josh rated it really liked it
Plagued by a violent family history, country singer Susan Dark has lost her mother and grandmother to murder. Now she finds herself the third victim of a generational murderer hell bent on repeating history. Trapped, confused, bloodied, and without hope, Susan's family ghosts haunt her, their sickly sweet whisper on the winds of the reaper omnipresent as each passing day in captivity drives another nail in her proverbial coffin.

FBI Agent Georgina O'Neil and private detective Leroy La Portiere a
Paul
Feb 25, 2015 Paul rated it really liked it
Shelves: caffeine-nights
Darren E Laws has a worthy voice in the crime genre. With 'Dark Country' as my introduction to his writing, I am convinced he tells an interesting story as he nimbly weaves sub-plots and plot-twists around all his characters.

Perpetrators, victims and investigators are offered a depth of character regularly over-looked by other authors. Georgina and Leroy, the main characters in this book, are personable and multi-dimensional, the supporting cast are relevant to their roles and some could easily
Gordon Mcghie
Mar 22, 2015 Gordon Mcghie rated it really liked it
Dark Country has a great hook – three generations of one family are kidnapped over a 50 year period. Each of the abductees had established a successful career as a Country & Western singer and the latest kidnap victim (Susan Dark) was actually working on an album which would have featured her voice alongside that of her mother and grandmother.

The lead character is FBI Agent Georgina O’Neil. She has a debilitating medical condition which has impacted upon her ability to return to full active
B.A. Morton
Dec 23, 2014 B.A. Morton rated it it was amazing
After enjoying Turtle Island, the first book in this series, I had high expectations for Dark Country... I wasn’t disappointed.
Country singer Susan Dark is about to release a new album, but as she begins to delve into the mystery of her grandmother’s death and her mother’s disappearance, she sets off a horrific chain of events. Meanwhile FBI agent Georgina O’Neil is fighting personal battles of her own.
With a story spanning three time frames and with numerous key characters this could have been
Caroline McGregor
Mar 06, 2015 Caroline McGregor rated it it was amazing

I came to this book without having read Turtle Island the first book in the series and didn't feel it necessary for me to have done so.
Dark Country proved to be a good and compelling read with lots of twists and some gruesome images in my head. It centres on the disappearance of a country singer Susan Dark who had been about to release a new album, the mystery of her mothers disappearance and the murder of her grandmother who were all country singers too.
The main characters FBI investigator Geor
Judith
Dec 31, 2014 Judith rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
Dark Country Darren E Laws

This is a gripping thriller, refreshingly different from many murder mysteries which can often seem to be very similar. It has a skilfully written, complex plot, which at times I found could be a little confusing but reading on all would become clear. Quite compulsive reading I enjoyed it very much and will look for more by this author.

I received a copy of 'Dark Country' free as a Goodreads first-read giveaway. Thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to read thi
Christina
Jan 30, 2015 Christina rated it really liked it
A dark, complex and unsettling read, with unexpected twists and a lot of violence.

FBI agent Georgina O'Neil and PI Leroy LaPortiere investigate the disappearance of Susan Dark, a country singer whose mother had been murdered when she was a baby, as had her grandmother before her. What starts of as a simple investigation hampered by Georgina's illness (which, amongst other things, affects her judgement), turns into a brutal unravelling of family secrets and multi-layered relationships.

This is an
Lili
Dec 13, 2014 Lili rated it really liked it
This violent thriller was sent to me by the author and it is at times exciting but also mysterious and somewhat confusing. So much so that in parts I was thoroughly engrossed and in others totally bewildered. I wish I had read the first book in the series to familiarise myself with the characters and it seems I need to read the follow on to fully comprehend it totally.

Darren
Aug 24, 2016 Darren rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Annelien Mes
Annelien Mes rated it really liked it
Dec 21, 2014
Tink
Tink rated it it was amazing
Feb 01, 2015
Ali
Ali marked it as to-read
Nicole Charleston
Nicole Charleston marked it as to-read
Betty
Betty marked it as to-read
MICHAEL BARTON
MICHAEL BARTON marked it as to-read
Rachel Hall
Rachel Hall marked it as to-read
Cal Littlehales
Cal Littlehales marked it as to-read
Nicola Fantom
Nicola Fantom marked it as to-read
Julia Conway
Julia Conway marked it as to-read
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Lauren Pike
Lauren Pike marked it as to-read
Emma
Emma marked it as to-read
Abby Lewis
Abby Lewis marked it as to-read
Sally
Sally marked it as to-read
Maxine
Maxine marked it as to-read
Michael Clyma
Michael Clyma marked it as to-read
Linda Guest
Linda Guest marked it as to-read
Maureen
Maureen marked it as to-read
Sue Gale
Sue Gale marked it as to-read
Margaret Dunlop-carr
Margaret Dunlop-carr marked it as to-read
Helen
Helen marked it as to-read
Paul
Paul marked it as to-read
Kirsty
Kirsty marked it as to-read
Bacsa
Bacsa marked it as to-read
Michelle Pierce
Michelle Pierce marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Amy Williams
Amy Williams marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Gill
Gill marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Sarah marked it as to-read
Nov 29, 2014
Laura Wyles
Laura Wyles marked it as to-read
Tricia Bingham
Tricia Bingham marked it as to-read
Heather
Heather marked it as to-read
Born in East London.
Was a late starter to serious writing (1996)but found a diary in my attic written when aged 14, stating that 'I would love to be a writer but did not think I would have the stamina to finish a novel', three days before my first novel was published in 2003. Guess I was always a cynic.

In 2008/09 I expanded mypublishing company to sign exciting new authors and the first books wil
More about Darren E. Laws...