Start by marking “History of the Filipino People ” as Want to Read:
History of the Filipino People

History of the Filipino People

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  1,070 ratings  ·  91 reviews
637 pages
Published 1990 by Garotech Publishing (first published 1975)

Dyan
This was the textbook that we used in our mandatory Philippine History course in university. I don't know where my copy is now (I need to look for it in some forgotten box somewhere), but I remember how informative this book was, and not in a boring way. I especially liked the section on customs and culture because it was the first time that I had read something that explained certain quirks we Filipinos have. A historian friend of mine once told me that history sometimes depends on the perspect ...more
Karsten Tenaja
yawa di nako mabasa
Hud-c
Oct 30, 2012 Hud-c rated it 5 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: historian buffs
Recommended to Hud-c by: My beloved History Professor
WARNING: Taglish review

History of the Filipino People, is the best history book I've ever read.

HEKASI, Kasaysayan, Social Studies - mga naging paboritong subject ko nung araw. Memorization lang kasi e so di kailangan ng sobrang pag-intindi. Dates lang kung kelan namatay si ganito, piniramahan ang isang kasulatang ganire, ilang barko ang natira sa expedisyon ni Magellan, ilan ang naging girlfriend ni Rizal bago naging sila ni Josephine Bracken, saan pinunit ang sedula etc. Pag kasaysayan, memo
Cesar Gealogo
This book is great for individual person who is craving to know the history of the Filipino people. Its a nice book to read throughout and it is filled with valuable information.
Jennifer Cantiveros
i want to read this book ..
Veronica Rapacon
Jun 17, 2013 Veronica Rapacon marked it as to-read
so historical
Faye
This is the only history book I've read from cover to cover (and it wasn't even required reading in school!).
Bruce Justin
Vandrei
i think i need this book because i want to have more knowledge in our Filipino history
Joshua Inoc
this is awesome!
Jheii Calara
Paano ko mababasa?
Glentot
Required reading for my History class back in college. I used to despise reading this because it felt like a chore, knowing that I need to remember details for the exams. I want to read it again and enjoy it this time.
Claude Locsin
it was amazing...its like you are touring the whole history of the philippines from past to present!!!
Weanne Calago
Ellie
I think it will help me a lot in my philippine history subject :)
Jr
i want to know the introduction of islam
Elvie
this book is very nice.. so historical..
Dixel Grisola
i really want to read this book..
Ara Dizon
it really helps me a lot.
Thalia Alonto
hmm . i dunno XD
history of the Filipino people 1 19 Jul 25, 2014 06:57PM
  • In Our Image: America's Empire in the Philippines
  • Rizal Without the Overcoat
  • El Filibusterismo (Subversion)
  • Murder on Balete Drive (Trese, #1)
  • Filipino Prehistory: Rediscovering Precolonial Heritage (Anthropology of the Filipino People, #1)
  • The Philippines: A Past Revisited
  • Culture and History
  • Three Filipino Women
  • Without Seeing the Dawn
  • The Filipino Heroes League: Sticks and Stones (The Filipino Heroes League, #1)
  • Womenagerie and Other Tales from the Front
  • 'Gapô (at isang puting Pilipino, sa mundo ng mga Amerikanong kulay brown)
  • The First Filipino
  • The Bamboo Dancers (Filipino Literary Classics)
  • Table for Two
  • Catch A Falling Star
  • The Swarm
Teodoro A. Agoncillo (November 9, 1912 – January 14, 1985) was one of the pre-eminent Filipino historians of the 20th century. He and his contemporary Renato Constantino were among the first Filipino historians who earned renown for promoting a distinctly nationalist point of view of Filipino history (nationalist historiography). He was also an essayist and a poet.

Life

Born in Lemery, Batangas, Ago
More about Teodoro A. Agoncillo...
Introduction To Filipino History The Revolt of the Masses: The Story of Bonifacio and the Katipunan Malolos: The Crisis of the Republic The Fateful Years: Japan's Adventure in the Philippines, 1941-45 (Volume 2) The Fateful Years: Japan's Adventure in the Philippines, 1941-45 (Volume 1)