Start by marking “A Pirate's Primer (Chronicles of the Grey Lady, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Pirate's Primer (Chronicles of the Grey Lady,  #1)

A Pirate's Primer (Chronicles of the Grey Lady #1)

3.38 of 5 stars 3.38  ·  rating details  ·  135 ratings  ·  8 reviews
Despised by his family for his lame legs, Adam Chandler has given up on happiness. When a chance encounter with a legendary pirate lands him aboard the Grey Lady, a ghost ship in the service of the sea goddess, he doesn't expect much. But the ship's captain, the handsome Jaden Fox, makes Adam a most intriguing offer: teach the pirates to read and write, and Jaden will teac...more
Published October 16th 2007 by Loose Id (first published 2007)

To ask other readers questions about A Pirate's Primer, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pirate's Primer

Brethren by W.A. HoffmanMatelots by W.A. HoffmanTreasure by W.A. HoffmanFalse Colors by Alex BeecroftBlack Wade by Franze
Best Gay Pirate/Sailor book
24th out of 73 books — 123 voters
Twilight by Stephenie MeyerEclipse by Stephenie MeyerNew Moon by Stephenie MeyerBreaking Dawn by Stephenie MeyerPrep by Curtis Sittenfeld
Books with Deceptively Awesome Covers
104th out of 147 books — 234 voters

More lists with this book...

Kati
Imagine Pirates of the Caribbean, only gay. The inspiration is pretty obvious. Oh, not that I complain, mind you, it's a pretty sweet book, if thin on the plot - what there is of the plot, is pretty interesting and I actually felt a bit sorry that the author didn't focus more on that, that she didn't thicken it, instead of going down the easy road and peppering the book with gratuitous sex scenes - pretty hot sex scenes, though. So yeah, a good book and even though it's nothing outstanding, I'll...more
Elisa Rolle
Adam is a crippled man, son of an evil man who betrays the sacred oath that pirates make to the Goddess of Sea. And now the Goddess has sent her man, Captain Fox, to take hand of the matter. And Adam wants to help Jaden, cause he has read about him and his ghostly ship. And Jaden makes a pact with Adam: he will teach to the crew how to write and read and Jaden will teach to Adam how to love.

Well, the story is pretty simple and without much surprise. Jaden is not an handsome evil like some pirate...more
Melanie~~
I really liked this book. It's a great short story with the right amount of smexin' to go with the plot and it is very well written. After the last few books I've read (some I really enjoyed and a couple not so much), I really appreciate someone who gets almost all the rules right and doesn't have tons of typos (or incorrect words).

I really liked Adam though I was eerily (well not so much as overwhelmingly) reminded of a certain Disney Pirate in Jared. It would have been nice to see a bit more o...more
Alica Johnson
Sexy men, pirates, and paranormal what's not to love? :)
Meggie
I read this story second time now and I really enjoyed it, again. The plot is developed with interesting characters who made this story alive. Jaden and Adam were hot together with nice touch of romance, sweetness and love. The story is enjoyable and highly recommended on.
Indah Threez Lestari
324th - 2011

Sudah lama ga baca roman m/m, yang ini tipis banget ga sampe 100 halaman. Cuz temanya pirate, yang kebayang cuma tampang Johnny Depp buat Jaden Fox, kapten Grey Lady. Sedangkan buat Adam Chandler masih ga jelas... Orlando Bloom aja gitu ya?
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
Species-Mythical creatures
Nightcolors
2.75 stars.
Cicadia
Cicadia marked it as to-read
Sep 25, 2014
Lyrabela
Lyrabela marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Rebeca
Rebeca added it
Jul 31, 2014
SheReadsALot
SheReadsALot marked it as to-read
Sep 21, 2014
Kagome
Kagome added it
Jun 25, 2014
Karleebeth Perkins
Karleebeth Perkins marked it as to-read
May 15, 2014
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
May 03, 2014
Nicole
Nicole marked it as to-read
Apr 24, 2014
Just
Just marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2014
KJW
KJW marked it as to-read
Mar 05, 2014
  • Trilogy No. 111: Speak Its Name
  • Winds of Change (Royal Navy, #2)
  • Captain's Surrender
  • Why Nileas Loved the Sea
  • Frost Fair
  • Sleight of Hand
  • The Nobleman and the Spy
Jill is a former archaeologist turned full-time writer. In her spare time, she makes fine silver jewelry and is learning glass blowing. She lives in Tucson, Arizona, and is owned by far too many cats.
More about Jill Knowles...
Concubine A Pirate's Dream (Chronicles of the Grey Lady, #2) Kissing Chaos (Keily Kisses, #1) Fiendish Pleasures Burning Kisses (Keily Kisses, #2)