Start by marking “Former Rain (Rain #1)” as Want to Read:
Former Rain (Rain #1)

Former Rain (Rain #1)

4.58 of 5 stars 4.58  ·  rating details  ·  186 ratings  ·  17 reviews
When it rains it pours, just ask Elizabeth Underwood or Nina Lewis. They thought the unfaithful men in their lives caused their storms, but as they are forced on a journey of self-examination, they realize that something greater than a “do right” man is needed to heal the hurts that trouble their souls.

Kenneth Underwood and Isaac Walker want to rid themselves of the selfis
Published March 25th 2011 by Smashwords Edition (first published May 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Former Rain, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Former Rain

Cf
Christian fiction with an urban twist. Not my usual cup of tea but an okay change. Not sure if I will continue with the series.
Mserika
I am Truth--3.5 Stars--This was a good book but nothing spectacular out of the way. Don't get me wrong I will continue to read to find out what happens with Issac & Kenneth....
Chivon
I liked this book. Sometimes with me if a story is good, but not spectacular, I get tired of the story when it goes on too long. I would have to say that maybe the Rain series is like that for me. It's a good story that I'm interested in, but it doesn't have to be 3 whole books long. The book covers too long a time period and too many ideas and events for me to stay interested. With all that said, I still liked the book, just think it could have been done a little better.
AnnAaliyah Morton
Two women named Elizbaeth and nina have troubled marriage. nina become prenant by Issac. Issac thinks she goes to get an abortion, but she was just walking by the building. Issac gets a call from his friend saying she was getting an abortion and where she's at.Issac finds her and begins to beat on her, he punches her in the stomach. Elizabeth goes to church to get her life together as well as nina.
Brittany
This was the first Christian fiction book I've read and I did enjoy it although it could be a little corny sometimes. I think it did a good job of communicating God's role and His Word in each of the characters' life. Even if you can't identify with their specific story there is something you can identify with. I think I will complete the series and maybe start a new series of hers
Claudia
This book tells the truth, without God in your life you are lost. God gives you the strength that you never thought you had to carry out the daily assignments. God gave Elizabeth the strength she needed to handle Kenneth. Also God gave Nina the strength to leave Issac and put him into God hands. The book was awesome. This is a must read
Veronica Shire
Very inspirational to see different way 's people come to Christ.Helps you stay focused on your call.
Cheryl
This is a beautiful story about natural love as well as spiritual love. It is a great read with plenty of drama. I am disappointed in the ending. It leaves you wanting and wondering will here be more.
Marsha W
Very good read. this book brought both heaven and hell to life within its pages. Ms Miller made the realness of heaven and hell apparent to her readers... I would highly recommend this book!
Diane Rembert
Nina, Elizabeth, Isaac, Kenneth and a host of other characters are living their everyday lives when they experience a life altering moment that will change their lives forever.
Annie
Mar 09, 2013 Annie rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: To all Christian Couples
Recommended to Annie by: Friend
I have not cried from a Christian book since I read Woman Thou Art Loose. I was actually crying while reading this book. I can not put into words how much I love this book.
Vanetra Malone
This book was very good. If you are struggling with forgiveness this would be a bood read for you. I read this book in a day and a half.
Lori Key hutchinson
very very very good book
Jalisa Conklin
It was great.
Laticia
MUST READ.
Freda Duncan
Excellent
Kimba Smith
Kimba Smith marked it as to-read
Jul 27, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Ijere
Ijere marked it as to-read
Jul 16, 2015
Keyan
Keyan marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Deja Walker
Deja Walker marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2015
donnie greene
donnie greene marked it as to-read
Jun 26, 2015
Andrea Horton
Andrea Horton marked it as to-read
Jun 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Really about the Rain and Storm Series 1 4 Jan 25, 2013 02:53PM
  • Can I Get a Witness?
  • Jezebel
  • Truth Be Told
  • Strongholds (The Blessed Trinity Series, #2)
Vanessa Miller of Dayton, Ohio, is a best-selling author, playwright, and motivational speaker. Her stage productions include: Get You Some Business, Don’t Turn Your Back on God, and Can’t You Hear Them Crying. Vanessa is currently in the process of turning the novels in the Rain Series into stage productions.

Vanessa has been writing since she was a young child. When she wasn’t writing poetry, sho
More about Vanessa Miller...

Rain (7 books)
  • Abundant Rain
  • Latter Rain
  • Rain Storm
  • Through the Storm
  • Rain for Christmas
  • After the Rain (Rain #7)
Long Time Coming Rain Storm Forsaken (Forsaken #1) Tears Fall at Night (Praise Him Anyhow #1) Through the Storm

“But Elizabeth wasn’t having that. Mama Rosa couldn’t stand her from day one - and didn’t make any bones about that fact. So if she thought Elizabeth was going to lose square footage over her hunger pangs, she had another thought coming. Elizabeth fussed and cussed, but Kenneth still wouldn’t listen. One day as they were eating breakfast, she told Kenneth that she was going back to work unless he bought her the house she wanted. That did the trick. Kenneth didn’t want his kids raised by a babysitter. So Elizabeth won, and that wicked witch he called Mama, lost.” 0 likes