Start by marking “The Target” as Want to Read:
The Target

The Target

4.09  ·  Rating Details  ·  900 Ratings  ·  24 Reviews
Sara Michaels is the daughter of a prominent senator who has just announced his candidacy for President of the United States—the same senator who has been receiving death threats against his family for some time.

Sara is also the owner of a self-help clinic and is hell-bent—despite the FBI's warnings—on leading a group of ten women on a two-week sojourn through the Rocky Mo
Published February 1st 2007 by Bella Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Target

And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenJericho by Ann McManHow Sweet It Is by Melissa BraydenThirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien
Best F/F Romance Books
61st out of 655 books — 485 voters
Hunter's Way by Gerri HillLethal Affairs by Kim BaldwinIce by Lyn  GardnerThe Alecto Initiative by Owen R. O'NeillThe Target by Gerri Hill
Lesbian Spy/Military/Cop
5th out of 102 books — 47 voters

More lists with this book...

Anja
Mar 14, 2014 Anja rated it it was amazing
Wow, what an suspenseful, emotional and entertaining story. I couldn't put the book down until I was finished. This book just captivated me and drew me in right away. Thumbs up!
Fin
Jan 19, 2016 Fin rated it liked it
If you are looking for a simple little romance that feels really rushed, then this book is for you.

If you don't like books with a poorly developed, totally unrealistic, overly convoluted plot, then be warned.

This book would have been much much MUCH better if the author had dropped the entire plot to kill Sara and just made this a book about a group of women taking a two week hiking trip and coming across an injured hiker who joins them and falls in love with Sara.

Focusing on the technical aspect
Alison
Sep 30, 2015 Alison rated it liked it
Shelves: lesfic
I still really love the way Gerri Hill writes about landscapes it is was great to return to the Colorado mountains for another beautiful hike. I enjoyed the early days of the trek and the growing rapport between the women. The second half of the mountain expedition was tense and suspenseful. Had the book finished at 80% I think I would've been happier with it but the final 20% twisted the plot to ridiculous extremes. Once again it felt like two books that didn't mix well and I think I prefer Hil ...more
Alena
Jul 06, 2008 Alena rated it it was ok
Formulaeic mystery/romance, outrageous plot that got even more so toward the end. I felt that the characterization fell a bit short in comparison with the plot, maybe I would have enjoyed it more otherwise.
Gaelle Cathy
Dec 16, 2014 Gaelle Cathy rated it it was amazing
God dammit. With Gerri Hill, it seems like each book is better than the one before. I couldn't put this one down. Fastest reading I've ever done. I was captured by the story instantly.
Jaid
May 04, 2012 Jaid rated it really liked it
Shelves: lesbian-romance

This was a great book! Thanks Ms Hill for another great track through the woods with some bullets and romance thrown in. I really enjoyed this one immensely. ;)
Vera
Feb 03, 2016 Vera rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012-reads
The idea of an attack on a candidate's family is not new, but the way the author handled it was creative.
Becko
Nov 11, 2008 Becko rated it really liked it
Shelves: glbt, mystery
One of Gerri's fantastic mystery/lesbian romances
Easy read but couldn't put it down
Janeyzues
Apr 20, 2012 Janeyzues rated it really liked it
Great Book. You won't be disappointed. Gerri Hill is a good author.
Charleen
Mar 28, 2012 Charleen rated it really liked it
Enjoyed reading this, very easy to read.
Jakque Willett
Apr 15, 2012 Jakque Willett rated it it was amazing
One of my favorites to reread
Weetniet
Jan 29, 2008 Weetniet rated it it was amazing
Spannend en sexy. Graag gelezen.
Jackie
Oct 20, 2009 Jackie added it
Fun to do laundry by.
Megzz
Jan 29, 2015 Megzz rated it really liked it
Shelves: exciting-plot
Maybe my favorite one by Gerri Hill.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this book. I had already read all of Gerri Hill's romance novels. It took me a very long time to finally read The Target, because for some reason the cover didn't appeal to me. I thought "another butch detective, surely plenty of dead bodies again... I'm tired of it". Basically, I was expecting a story like Hunter's Way or Devil's Rock.
Turns out, The Target is a bit different. When many other Gerri Hill's books usually have an
Tina
Sep 30, 2014 Tina rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer-lgbt
Quick read and one of my favorites! Awesome descriptions of nature and hiking! All my favorite things.... nature, lesbians, steamy scenes, and running from a sniper! Yes please! Pick this one up for sure. Oh and a few familiar characters make a brief appearance so that's always fun.
Morgan
Jan 25, 2015 Morgan rated it liked it
Shelves: lesbian
The story was convoluted and cliche, but it was a quick read and ultimately if you didn't think too terribly hard about the logistics, it was dumb fun.
Hess
Apr 02, 2016 Hess rated it really liked it
Shelves: f-f
A light and surprisingly touching read. Suspension of disbelief mandatory.
Bob Porter
Jun 03, 2014 Bob Porter rated it it was amazing
Good Read; stayed with strong character development; page turner
Kim
Jun 14, 2015 Kim added it
This would make a good movie.
M
May 22, 2014 M rated it liked it
A funny and light entertainment.
Tracy
Feb 15, 2015 Tracy rated it it was amazing
Another unputdownable book from Gerri Hill! It was well crafted and fast-paced. I enjoyed this one as much as "The Killing Room". Speaking of which it was nice to see Jake McKoy and Nicole again, if only briefly.
Gayle B Stowell
Apr 21, 2015 Gayle B Stowell rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And there great murder must trey love story by gErri hill

I really enjoyed reading the target anne it kept intrigued throughout the whole book I highly recommend the novel

Gayle stowell
Simone
Nov 05, 2013 Simone rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, gerri-hill
3.5 stars. The book focused more on the non romance plot than on the relationship between these two ladies. Enjoyable. But wanted more romance
Lj Reynolds
May 19, 2013 Lj Reynolds rated it it was amazing
Can't say enough about Gerri Hill books- they are all excellent!
Madison
Madison marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
Yenifer
Yenifer rated it really liked it
Apr 30, 2016
Tsundoku
Tsundoku rated it liked it
May 01, 2016
Sara
Sara rated it liked it
Apr 28, 2016
Chikane
Chikane rated it it was amazing
Apr 27, 2016
Ekaterina Lupacheva
Ekaterina Lupacheva marked it as to-read
Apr 25, 2016
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Turn Back Time
  • Turning the Page
  • Stranded
  • Hunter's Pursuit
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Coffee Sonata
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.

Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the
More about Gerri Hill...