Start by marking “The Target” as Want to Read:
The Target

The Target

4.06 of 5 stars 4.06  ·  rating details  ·  697 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Sara Michaels is the daughter of a prominent senator who has just announced his candidacy for President of the United States--the same senator who has been receiving death threats against his family.

Sara Michaels is also the owner of a self-help clinic and is hell-bent--despite the FBI's warnings--on leading a group of ten women on a two-week sojourn through the Rocky Mou
Published February 1st 2007 by Bella Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about The Target, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Target

And Playing the Role of Herself by K.E. LaneWaiting in the Wings by Melissa BraydenJericho by Ann McManAnnie on My Mind by Nancy GardenThirteen Hours by Meghan O'Brien
Best F/F Romance Books
57th out of 485 books — 303 voters
Lethal Affairs by Kim BaldwinThe Target by Gerri HillIce by Lyn  GardnerHunter's Way by Gerri HillThief of Always by Kim Baldwin
Lesbian Spy/Military/Cop
2nd out of 77 books — 34 voters

More lists with this book...

Anja
Wow, what an suspenseful, emotional and entertaining story. I couldn't put the book down until I was finished. This book just captivated me and drew me in right away. Thumbs up!
Fin
If you are looking for a simple little romance that feels really rushed, then this book is for you.

If you don't like books with a poorly developed, totally unrealistic, overly convoluted plot, then be warned.

This book would have been much much MUCH better if the author had dropped the entire plot to kill Sara and just made this a book about a group of women taking a two week hiking trip and coming across an injured hiker who joins them and falls in love with Sara.

Focusing on the technical aspect
Gaelle Cathy
God dammit. With Gerri Hill, it seems like each book is better than the one before. I couldn't put this one down. Fastest reading I've ever done. I was captured by the story instantly.
Alena
Formulaeic mystery/romance, outrageous plot that got even more so toward the end. I felt that the characterization fell a bit short in comparison with the plot, maybe I would have enjoyed it more otherwise.
Jaid

This was a great book! Thanks Ms Hill for another great track through the woods with some bullets and romance thrown in. I really enjoyed this one immensely. ;)
Vera
The idea of an attack on a candidate's family is not new, but the way the author handled it was creative.
Becko
One of Gerri's fantastic mystery/lesbian romances
Easy read but couldn't put it down
Janeyzues
Great Book. You won't be disappointed. Gerri Hill is a good author.
Charleen
Enjoyed reading this, very easy to read.
Jakque Willett
One of my favorites to reread
Weetniet
Spannend en sexy. Graag gelezen.
Jackie
Oct 20, 2009 Jackie added it
Fun to do laundry by.
Megzz
Maybe my favorite one by Gerri Hill.

I was so pleasantly surprised by this book. I had already read all of Gerri Hill's romance novels. It took me a very long time to finally read The Target, because for some reason the cover didn't appeal to me. I thought "another butch detective, surely plenty of dead bodies again... I'm tired of it". Basically, I was expecting a story like Hunter's Way or Devil's Rock.
Turns out, The Target is a bit different. When many other Gerri Hill's books usually have an
Tina
Quick read and one of my favorites! Awesome descriptions of nature and hiking! All my favorite things.... nature, lesbians, steamy scenes, and running from a sniper! Yes please! Pick this one up for sure. Oh and a few familiar characters make a brief appearance so that's always fun.
Morgan
The story was convoluted and cliche, but it was a quick read and ultimately if you didn't think too terribly hard about the logistics, it was dumb fun.
Bob Porter
Good Read; stayed with strong character development; page turner
M
A funny and light entertainment.
Tracy
Another unputdownable book from Gerri Hill! It was well crafted and fast-paced. I enjoyed this one as much as "The Killing Room". Speaking of which it was nice to see Jake McKoy and Nicole again, if only briefly.
Gayle B Stowell
And there great murder must trey love story by gErri hill

I really enjoyed reading the target anne it kept intrigued throughout the whole book I highly recommend the novel

Gayle stowell
Simone
3.5 stars. The book focused more on the non romance plot than on the relationship between these two ladies. Enjoyable. But wanted more romance
Lj Reynolds
Can't say enough about Gerri Hill books- they are all excellent!
Shannon McKeever
Shannon McKeever marked it as to-read
May 03, 2015
Nka300
Nka300 marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
BL
BL marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
Terracotta
Terracotta marked it as to-read
Apr 30, 2015
  • Passion's Bright Fury
  • Without Warning (Shaken, #1)
  • Hunter's Pursuit
  • Turning the Page
  • Conflict of Interest
  • Josie and Rebecca: The Western Chronicles
Gerri began writing lesbian romance as a way to amuse herself while snowed in one winter in the mountains of Colorado, and hasn’t looked back. Her first published work came in 2000 with One Summer Night. Many more romances have followed, with the occasional murder mystery in the mix.

Gerri’s love of nature and of being outdoors usually makes its way into her stories as her characters often find the
More about Gerri Hill...
Hunter's Way (Hunter, #1) Behind the Pine Curtain Love Waits No Strings Artist's Dream