Start by marking “Horseshoe Bay” as Want to Read:
Horseshoe Bay

Horseshoe Bay

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  9 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
Lauren Jill (LJ) sets out to change her life by weaving a lie to a large and kind Mormon family. They invite her into the warmth of the Central Texax home on the lake. She learns that the past she left behind is integral to her wholeness. LJ discovers unconditional love on a quest that ultimately leads her back home.
Published June 14th 2004 by Aspen Books

To ask other readers questions about Horseshoe Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Horseshoe Bay

Dawna
Mar 26, 2008 Dawna rated it really liked it
I picked this book up in Colorado Springs, though the setting of the story is in Texas, not too far from Austin. It was an interesting read about a girl who scams a very LDS Family into taking her in. The LDS family owns a vacation home in Horseshoe Bay. (At one time, Rob and I looked at some property out there and almost bought some land. So, I picked it up in Colorado mainly because of the title.)

An intriguing book, it illustrates how "outsiders" might view a "well off" Mormon family from a so
Katherine
Apr 06, 2009 Katherine rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this book, but I thought there were several loose ends that weren't tied up. I also thought that some of the things that happen are totally unrealistic and that some of the topics brought up weren't explored as much as they could have been. It was an enjoyable read.
Adree
Adree rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2009
Kiki
Jan 22, 2008 Kiki rated it really liked it
My sister-in-law's first published book. I liked it because it brought back Texas memories.
Katie W
Katie W rated it really liked it
Nov 11, 2008
Jessica
Jessica rated it it was amazing
Nov 19, 2012
Susan
Jan 09, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
This is a Lauren Jill James, Blake and Juliana Ellison family emotional roller coaster ride.
Melissa
Melissa rated it it was amazing
Jul 23, 2009
Monica
Monica rated it liked it
Feb 11, 2011
Inspired Kathy
Inspired Kathy marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2010
Lori
Lori added it
Jan 12, 2013
Nancy
Nancy marked it as to-read
May 20, 2013