Start by marking “Alien Crimes” as Want to Read:
Alien Crimes

Alien Crimes

3.55  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
From H.G. Wells to Rod Serling, from Ray Bradbury to The X-Files, stories of the unexplained have long piqued our curiosity. Whether its about extraterrestrials or strange science, science fiction readers have something in common with enthusiasts of mystery and crime fictionan innate desire to know.

With that in mind, the Club invited Nebula and five-time Hugo winner Mike
Published September 30th 2007 by Science Fiction Book Club (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Alien Crimes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Alien Crimes

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~
Oct 19, 2011 Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ rated it really liked it
I'm really impressed with this anthology; it has great storytelling and mystery aspects too. I really like three of the stories alot but not so impressed with two of them. My personal favorite story of the whole anthology is called Nothing Personal. It had unique plots twists that I never expected but thoroughly enjoyed. On a side note this book was sent to my hubby for purchasing another book for me called The Cartmandu Legacy by Carol Berg. I'm happy to say that I would recommend both books fo ...more
Rosalind Hartmann
Jul 13, 2008 Rosalind Hartmann rated it liked it
I always bug my father for a new book when I go and visit him. Granted it takes me months to finish them and he always threatens to kill me if I don't bring them back quickly, he still picks a book out for me to take home.

EDIT: I couldn't get into this book. Each story started strong but ended up being 20 pages too long.
Craig
Oct 12, 2007 Craig rated it liked it
A collection of six novelllas edited by Resnick, a sort-of companion volume to DOWN THESE DARK SPACEWAYS from 2005. I didn't think it was as strong of a collection as the earlier volume, but it includes good stories by Pat Cadigan, Kristine Rusch, and Resnick himself.
Richard Harden
Oct 25, 2009 Richard Harden rated it liked it
An interesting collection of a genre that I normally would not read. The combination of mystery and science fiction is an intriguing one to contemplate, and fun to read.
Liviu
Jun 14, 2008 Liviu rated it really liked it
Shelves: genre-sf, shorts

It's a 5 star book just for the 150 page excerpt from Implied Spaces but the rest of the stories are pretty good too with one exception.
Michele
Jul 09, 2007 Michele rated it liked it
Interesting concept and for the most part, well-executed. Some stories better than others. Resnick is the editor.
Shannon
If you like sci-fi and mysteries, this has 4 readable novellas that straddle the fence between genres.
George
Jan 18, 2013 George rated it really liked it
Nice easy Sci-Fi read.
Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Sabrena Eck
Sabrena Eck marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Andrew K.
Andrew K. rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2016
David Lauritzen
David Lauritzen marked it as to-read
May 03, 2016
Captain Swissicorn
Captain Swissicorn marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
DA
DA added it
Apr 14, 2016
A
A marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2016
Todd
Todd marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Erika
Erika marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2016
Ross Vincent
Ross Vincent marked it as to-read
Mar 20, 2016
Michael Brooks
Michael Brooks marked it as to-read
Dec 23, 2015
Eduardo
Eduardo rated it it was ok
Nov 04, 2015
Tom
Tom marked it as to-read
Sep 18, 2015
Jason Burchfield
Jason Burchfield rated it liked it
Sep 09, 2015
Dorkboy
Dorkboy marked it as to-read
Sep 05, 2015
Murray
Murray added it
Jun 08, 2015
Taskel
Taskel marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Billy Candelaria
Billy Candelaria marked it as to-read
Mar 25, 2015
Margit
Margit rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2015
Alison C
Alison C rated it liked it
Mar 04, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Michael "Mike" Diamond Resnick, better known by his published name Mike Resnick, is a popular and prolific American science fiction author. He is, according to Locus, the all-time leading award winner, living or dead, for short science fiction. He is the winner of five Hugos, a Nebula, and other major awards in the United States, France, Spain, Japan, Croatia and Poland. and has been short-listed ...more
More about Mike Resnick...