Start by marking “21 Steps to Happiness” as Want to Read:
21 Steps to Happiness

21 Steps to Happiness

Lynn Blanchett's Steps to Happiness: Step 1: Find a job. (Done! I'm doing PR for hotshot young designer Muriel B. -- which I'm totally unqualified for.)

Step 2: Find a man. (Check! There's a rich, gorgeous man chasing me...so what if I find him infinitely less appealing than my charming, possibly gay, French coworker?)

Step 3: Find a translator. (Hmm? I do have that French-E
Published July 1st 2006 by Red Dress Ink

To ask other readers questions about 21 Steps to Happiness, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 21 Steps to Happiness

chambejd / Joy
Jan 26, 2009 chambejd / Joy rated it did not like it
This book was horrible. I think men should not venture into the chick-lit arena. Lynn takes the cake as the worst female lead character. She is shallow and her character was so two dimensional. You could not connect with her or any of the other people in the book. They all made me want to bang my head against the wall.
Susan
Jan 20, 2010 Susan rated it liked it
This book is not as bad as a lot of people claim it is.
I'd give it a 3.5 stars but we cant do that.
i thought it read well. I did get confused with some of the charactors that the author decided were important to mention but not have a huge part in the book, there seemed to be a lot of them.
Still I thought this bok was good
Melanie
Oct 21, 2008 Melanie rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit
This was one of those books that I've been looking forward to reading and was kind of disappointed with. It could have benefited from a really good editor - there were so many typos I gave up counting, and there were a couple continuity issues that bugged me... I think it could have been so much better if it was just well-edited.
Aparna
Jul 17, 2009 Aparna rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1romance-modern
Enjoyed the book -- it was funny and managed to keep me interested so much so i didn't keep the book down till the end. Though interesting not in the riveting sort of way.

Good for a single read.

Cathy
Aug 26, 2009 Cathy rated it it was ok
Ideally, I'd give this one two and a half stars (another shout out to finally install such a feature!) but it wasn't good enough for me to earn three.

It was a really fast read, hilarious at times and very sweet at others but just a little too light.
April Joy Lee
Lynn really annoyed me up to the very end. She seemed so shallow and self-centered. The story could have been great if approached in a different way-- a more likable heroine, perhaps?

I was not satisfied. But it does have its good parts.
Dawn
May 19, 2009 Dawn rated it really liked it
Shelves: red-dress-ink
This was better than I expected. I agree with other reviews that the editing could of been done waaaaay better, but the story was cute and I loved how it had to do with Paris and fashion.....some of my faves! A good introduction to the Red Dress Ink books:)
Michelle Palmer
May 01, 2015 Michelle Palmer rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2015
This was another book that I had high hopes for when I picked it up. I enjoyed the main character and the situations she got herself into. Some of the writing was awkward but the story was fun.
Dana
Apr 04, 2011 Dana rated it liked it
This book was an okay diversion but a not too deep.
♥ Auntie
Jun 10, 2008 ♥ Auntie rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any girly girls
This was a very cute book.
Raquel
Jun 23, 2013 Raquel added it
Quick read a lil too young for my taste
Kim
Jan 09, 2008 Kim rated it liked it
This wasn't the best RDI book I ever read, but it was still ok. It lagged a bit in a lot of spots and I found it hard to get really wrapped up in it.
Tara
Feb 03, 2009 Tara rated it liked it
I am really liking this book so far.
Carrie
Jan 06, 2009 Carrie rated it it was amazing
easy read. cute story.
Jenn
Aug 24, 2008 Jenn rated it liked it
An "okay" contemporary romance which ended up being rather unbelievable.
Gina
May 22, 2008 Gina rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2008
A good, quick chick-lit read. I needed something that I could put down in a day and this fit the bill. It was cute but in no way the BEST book of this genre I have read.
Nicole
Nicole rated it liked it
Mar 17, 2011
Meg
Jan 31, 2008 Meg rated it liked it
Good. I would recommend it.
Julie
Julie rated it it was amazing
Jul 10, 2007
Marian Shannon
Marian Shannon rated it really liked it
Sep 16, 2012
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it it was ok
Feb 14, 2015
Roesha
Dec 15, 2008 Roesha rated it it was amazing
THIS BOOK IS GREAT AND IS A MUST READ!!!1
Nadia Masood
Nadia Masood rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2015
Mara Bo
Mara Bo rated it liked it
Nov 19, 2014
Kath
Kath rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2009
Kara Lynn
Kara Lynn rated it it was amazing
Jun 05, 2016
Collette
Collette rated it it was amazing
Mar 30, 2008
Tasha
Tasha rated it really liked it
Mar 01, 2015
Jennifer rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2014
Melissa
Melissa rated it really liked it
Jan 03, 2015
  • Summer in the Land of Skin
  • Strapless
  • Spanish Disco
  • Couch World
  • Like Mother, Like Daughter (Red Dress Ink)
  • MIM Warner's Lost Her Cool
  • The Jinx (Rachel Benjamin, #2)
  • Mean Season
  • Making Mischief
  • Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
  • Losing It (Red Dress Ink)
  • Flames from the Ashes (Ashes, #18)
I was born in Paris and grew up in a family of (crazy yet ultra talented) international fashion designers.
Early on, I turned to writing and traveling - I spent most of my youth in planes trains and automobiles, dragging around my notepads, a laptop and my over-sized red suitcase. I lived and worked in many different countries, like Poland, England, France, The Netherlands, and New Zealand, among o
More about F.G. Gerson...