Start by marking “Highland Hearts” as Want to Read:
Highland Hearts

Eva Maria Hamilton

Highland Hearts

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating Details  ·  67 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews

Logan McAllister survived years of indentured servitude in America to reach this moment. Now he's returned to Scotland, ready to redeem the secret promise from Sheena Montgomery's father--that five years as a servant would earn him Sheena's hand in marriage. But when he arrives home, he learns that Sheena's father has died, his contract has been lost...and Sheena is engage
Published March 1st 2012 by Love Inspired Historical (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hearts

Karen
Apr 08, 2012 Karen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this to be a wonderful book..It takes place in the eighteenth century in Scotland..Logan has just returned to Scotland from America..His beloved Sheena had not known that her father had sent him to do this in order for him to earn the right to marry her..She was under the impression he had left her without a word..When he returns he finds her mother has paid a dowry for her to marry another man who is quite wealthy..It's a riveting book and hard to put down and with a wonderful journey i ...more
Judy
Jan 16, 2016 Judy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Logan McAllister has returned to Scotland from the Americas to claim his bride. Five long years ago her father sent him off to be an indentured servant to prove he loved Sheena Montgomery and wasn’t just after her money. The problem was that he had to promise not to tell Sheena why he was leaving. He survived the hard work and sea travel. If he can’t win Sheena back, his heart may not survive.

Sheena can’t believe that Logan has returned to Scotland after she begged him not to leave in the first
J.
Feb 15, 2012 J. rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Scottish romance, inspirational romance, historical romance

Inspirational romance influenced by biblical scenarios and unexplored historical terrain has the opportunity to provide readers with more than just a love story. Eva Maria Hamilton, the author of Highland Hearts, has more than succeeded in creating that opportunity with a wonderful adventure-filled romance about two persons separated by circumstance and brought back together, suddenly fighting their continued attraction and a deadline. Set in 18th century Scotland, a time period presented in a f
Paula-O
May 04, 2012 Paula-O rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"Highland Hearts" by Eva Maria Hamilton

Logan's years waiting for his bride reminded me of the Bible story of Rachel and Leah. Logan loved Sheena Montgomery but her father thought this young man not worthy of his daughter so he asked him to be indentured servent and learn a trade to better his position in life. I think Logan's big mistake was not telling Sheena why he was leaving and that he wanted her to wait for him..He did not though.

Sheena was broken-hearted when Logan left abruptly and she s
Dawn
Feb 15, 2012 Dawn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read for me. I was drawn into the story because of the setting - Scotland! As I read the book, I found the characters to be very likeable. The twists in the plot and the different relationships had me guessing. I loved the ending. Looking forward to reading more.
Lynsay
An amazing book. You get angst within the first few pages and it grows from there. Loved the little twists and turns that the story had.
Christina
Mar 10, 2012 Christina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-inspired, 2012
I really enjoyed this book - romance, a bit of mystery involving a missing box and letter, and a wonderful setting in Scotland.
Terri
May 06, 2012 Terri rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed this story . Thank goodness by end of the story had brought them back together again.
Lynn Spencer
2.5 stars I really wanted to like this book. The leads are actually both likable, and the setting of post-Culloden Scotland caught my eye. However, the plot is just one Big Mis on top of another and now that I've finished, I can't believe I stuck with it all the way through.

Here's the basic set-up: Sheena Montgomery comes from a landowning family while Logan McAllister is the son of a poor tenant farmer. The two fell in love and planned to marry. We learn at the beginning that Sheena's father ma
Wendy Sparkes
Sheena Montgomery is not impressed. Five years ago she was in love with Logan McAllister – he was going to her father to ask for her hand in marriage. Instead he went to America & she hasn’t heard from him since. Only now he’s back in Scotland, & expecting to marry her! But he’s too late, for her heart was broken with his departure & silence...& she has just been betrothed to someone else.

To make sure Logan McAllister was marrying his daughter for love & not for money, Arthur
Janet Valonis
Jan 27, 2016 Janet Valonis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good read. I can't imagine life in those times.
Cathy
Jul 06, 2012 Cathy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I would actually give this a 3-star-minus. It isn't a bad book ... but I had a hard time falling in love with the blustering Logan McAllister. The plot was good, but honestly, a sub-plot at the end of the story was more interesting and would have made an interesting sequel except that the author tied up all the loose ends in this book too. In general, I just didn't feel the spark between the characters or sense any reason why these characters would be drawn to each other. Like I said, it wasn't ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Logan returns to Scotland to claim Sheena for his bride. He worked as an indentured servant and then stayed to claim his fortune in the new world. He wants to bring his family back and create a life in the colonies. Sheena's life was been in an upheaval since Logan left - her father passed away, her mother moved in with her sister and she is betrothed to Ian. Logan is determined to reclaim their lost love and Sheena wants to follow through with the betrothal.

Time Period: 1748
Location: Scotland
Marjorie
Mar 15, 2016 Marjorie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting premise. It held my attention throughout, becoming odd regarding the too-swift capitulation of the mother. No groundwork laid to support such a quantum leap.
L8blmr
Dec 02, 2012 L8blmr rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did enjoy the plot of this story and I love books set in Scotland. The problem for me was I believe this would have worked better as a novella or even a short story. There was simply not enough material here for a novel, so there was much repetition, the "secret" was kept far too long, and too much time was spent in the characters' heads. When all secrets and stories were shared, everything was tied up with one big bow in a matter of 3 or 4 pages.
Kate
Jun 25, 2015 Kate rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaway
I won a free copy from the Goodreads First Reads Giveaway Program and I really liked it. I am not one that often rereads books but I have fondly remembered and cherished this books many times :)
Erin
Nov 19, 2012 Erin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story. If you're like me, you'll get annoyed with the hero - and not understand why he doesn't just tell her the whole story. But, you will want to see how it plays out.
Jessica Nelson
I liked the premise of the story and the twist at the end. The characters were likeable too. Looking forward to more books from Hamilton!
Judith
The love between the two characters seemed forced and not genuine.
nancy cochoy
nancy cochoy marked it as to-read
Jul 19, 2016
Brittney
Brittney marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2016
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2016
Brandi
Brandi marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2016
Meredith Pocius
Meredith Pocius marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Andrea Harris
Andrea Harris marked it as to-read
May 12, 2016
Deanne
Deanne marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Mary
Mary rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2016
Beatrice
Beatrice marked it as to-read
May 01, 2016
JodiLynne
JodiLynne marked it as to-read
Apr 26, 2016
  • The Bridal Swap (Smoky Mountain Matches, #2)
  • Engaging the Earl
  • The Captain's Courtship (The Everard Legacy, #2)
  • Sanctuary for a Lady
  • A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, #3)
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • The Wedding Journey (Irish Brides, # 1)
  • Marrying Miss Marshal
  • Mistaken Bride (Irish Brides, #2)
  • The Runaway Bride
  • Brides of the West: Josie's Wedding Dress\Last Minute Bride\Her Ideal Husband
  • The Earl's Honorable Intentions (Glass Slipper Brides, #3)
  • The Marshal's Promise
  • Love on the Range
  • Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek
  • An Inconvenient Match
5232003
Eva Maria Hamilton spent years studying people from all different areas of academia and brings that understanding of the human condition into each of her written pieces. An advocate for lifelong learning, Eva Maria Hamilton studied in both Canada and the United States, earning a diploma in Human Resources Management, a Bachelor of Arts degree in Psychology, an Honors Bachelor of Arts Degree in His ...more
More about Eva Maria Hamilton...