Start by marking “Future Widows' Club” as Want to Read:
Future Widows' Club

Rhonda Nelson

Future Widows' Club

3.9 of 5 stars 3.90  ·  rating details  ·  99 ratings  ·  16 reviews
Welcome to the Future Widows' Club--a secret society of women who' ve been treated like trash by their no-good husbands and prefer waiting for widowhood over divorce. But sometimes waiting can be murder....Jolie Marshall' s husband Chris is definitely no good. He conned Jolie into " I do" --and her mother out of her life' s savings! Now Jolie is sticking out the marriage-- ...more
Published September 15th 2011 by Silhouette Desire (first published April 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Future Widows' Club, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Future Widows' Club

Ginger Robertson
I loved The Future Widows Club by Rhonda Nelson. It's funny to serious and everything in between. And, you will be guessing until the end of Who Done It?!? This is a book that I have on my keepers shelf.
Ann
The book started out promising, then everything went out the window. If you want romance without realism this is your book.
Jeanne Jenkins
Jolie lives in Bless Her Heart, North Carolina. She has been married for two years to Chris Marshall. It is not a happy marriage. They don't even sleep in the same bedroom. The final straw was when Chris beat Jolie. She had her friend take pictures of the damage, and filed a police report. However, she did not want him arrested. She is just putting together a case for when she files for divorce. Apparently Chis is a looser. He took all of Jolie's mothers money and 'invested' in his company. Also ...more
Jen_C
This was more a "community story" than I expected from the blurb. There was a lot of fun and humor, but also painfully long descriptions of the food the characters were eating, their lawns/gardens/clothes etc. It was not my cuppa, but others will really enjoy this.

Humor/characters - 4 stars.
Romance - 3 stars.
Mystery - 2 stars. = Overall 3-1/2.

More like chick lit. Memorable quotes:

He hadn’t actually spoken to her in almost two years, and these were… Hell, these were hardly ideal circumstances. Y
Sara
Oct 24, 2007 Sara rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: wanna be divorcee's
Funny book. It goes to show that if you feel as though ur husband isn't a good mate, so do others and have gone as far as to make a club about it. I was completely shocked as to who the murderer was considering this person seemed to me to be the biggest ditz.
Selena Robins
Really enjoyed the twists in this story, the premise, and learning more about what really goes on at those bridge games and what southern ladies really do when they get together for ice-tea.

Engaging and fun read.
Anna
I enjoyed this one for the most part. It was light and funny and the ending was a surprise. However, the romance was sort of abrupt and some scenes pulled me out of the story.
Rachel
This is a fairly fun read. I love the idea of the Future Widow's Club. I did not love the profanity in the book. It's not terrible, but a lot of it seemed unnecessary.

First the bad news:
I felt like the author tried to use a different euphemism every single time sex was mentioned… that was just odd.
There are a ton of comma usage errors, and toward the last quarter of the book, editing got sloppy - for example, using "do" where the context and dialogue indicated it should have been "don't", and a
Heather
So for an amazon freebie, I thought this was really cute. I would have even paid money for it. I can see how it might aggravate readers who don't have much patience with the concept -- just get a divorce already. (Heaven forbid a romance novel fail to live up to the genre's reputation for rigorous realism and accuracy.) But I didn't mind the premise. I thought the writing was fine, the characters non-annoying. I went looking to see what else the author had written. It looks like most of her othe ...more
Carole Swinford
I loved the quirky characters who delivered some memorable one-liners. Humor, mystery, sweet justice and romance all in one great book.
Emma Gillick
The Future Widows Club is a secret society of women who've been treated like rubbish by their husbands and are awaiting widowhood over divorce
Lynn Raye Harris
Rhonda is my friend and fellow chapter mate, but yes, I loved this book. It's full of the wacky humor that Rhonda is famous for! The ladies of the club were hilarious, and the antics of a small Southern town were completely and totally spot on in my experience. I wish I'd gotten more of Jake and Jolie's romance, but that's just because it was all so fun. The book ended too soon for me.
Lynn Henshaw
Absolutely loved it!

I just laughed out loud! I couldn't help it. Loved Bitsy! Could have done without the sexy stuff, but the humor in the first half of the book was so worth it.
Carol Waters
Mom made me read it. Just get a divorce. Jeez.
Sara Rossi
Tag: Mystery; Romantic
Jewel maurer
Jewel maurer is currently reading it
Aug 14, 2015
Gina
Gina marked it as to-read
Jul 02, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • Fragmented
  • Finding Sarah (Pine Hills Police)
  • Coulson's Secret (The Coulson Series #4)
  • St. Charles at Dusk (House of Crimson & Clover C&C Lagniappe)
  • confessions of a chocoholic
  • Rage (Faces of Evil #4)
  • Love and Mistletoe (Ballybeg, #4)
  • See Mommy Run
  • The Runaway Roommate
  • Running the Red Light (Texas Nights, #2)
  • A Cat Called Cupid
  • My Pace or Yours?
  • Perhaps I've Said Too Much (A Great Big Book of Messing with People)
  • Belinda (The Dixie Virgin Chronicles, #1)
  • 30 Delicious Family Favorite Cake Recipes
  • Welcome to the Funny Farm: The All-True Misadventure of a Woman on the Edge
  • Styling Wellywood (Wellywood Series, #1)
  • Breathless
Double Dare Letters from Home (McPherson Brothers, #1) The Player The Specialist The Soldier (McPherson Brothers, #2)