Madeline Says Merci: The Always-Be-Polite Book

Madeline Says Merci: The Always-Be-Polite Book (Madeline)

3.98 of 5 stars 3.98  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Based on characters created by Bemelmans, this charming new Madeline title was written by Ludwig's grandson and explores Madeline's take on etiquette. Illustrations.
Published September 10th 2001 by Viking Juvenile (first published September 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Madeline Says Merci, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Madeline Says Merci

Kat
If you're a fan of the Madeline series, this is definitely a book to put on your shelf. I love the smaller size of this book in comparison to the classic Madeline hardcover books. Each page contains beautiful, colorful illustrations by Ludwig Bemelmans's grandson, John Bemelmans Marciano. And, of course, the signature rhymes that make Madeline so memorable.

This isn't a typical Madeline book in that it doesn't tell a story. Instead, it's divided into sections that teach young children good manner...more
Sophie
It is probably my love for things French which makes this book a delight to read.

Everything about this book makes me smile; "Being Sorry's most important part is that it comes straight from the heart".

In this book, simple manners and etiquette are explored using the much loved icon, Madeline. Although this is probably aimed for younger children. I feel that this could be enjoyed by a sparse audience.
Wayne Dunshee
A charming story that teaches good manners. Written by the grandson of the original Madeline books, that keep the original look and feel. A great book to read to your grandchildren over and over.
Jaime
My daughter loves all Madeline books! She even has a little Madeline doll she holds when I read the books to her.
Barbara
Some of the illustrations in this book are reproduced in the Story Park at Worthington Park Library. Hoorah!!
Maren Prestegaard
There's not a storyline to this one but the rhymes are familiar and meaningful too.
We just LOVE Madeline.
Teri
Advice on politeness from Madeline. Got a autographed copy at the Festival of Books yesterday.
Catherine Woodman
not by the original author and certainly a departure
Keizo Ishikawa
この本は子供には、本当にお勧め。毎晩一緒に読んで寝てます。

マナーの良い子に育って欲しい
Molly Shillington Montenaro
Good introduction to etiquette for children.
kate
A darling book of manners for children.
Barb
Aug 02, 2011 Barb added it
love madeline
Yareader
Yareader marked it as to-read
Jul 28, 2014
Cheyenne Phillips
Cheyenne Phillips marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
John Bemelmans Marciano carries on the legacy begun by his grandfather, Ludwig Bemelmans, author and illustrator of the Madeline books, with stunning watercolor artwork and playful, energetic storytelling.
More about John Bemelmans Marciano...
Madeline and the Cats of Rome Anonyponymous: The Forgotten People behind Everyday Words The Nine Lives of Alexander Baddenfield Madeline at the White House Madeline and the Old House in Paris