Start by marking “Campfire Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #9)” as Want to Read:
Campfire Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #9)

Campfire Mallory (Mallory McDonald #9)

4.37 of 5 stars 4.37  ·  rating details  ·  209 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Its summertime and Mallorys getting ready to leave for sleep away camp for the first time. Shes nervous, but her best friends Mary Ann and Joey are going, too, and they persuade her just how much fun it will be. But when Mallory arrives, things dont go as planned. She and Mary Ann are put in different bunks and Mallory is soon befriended by another camper, Carine, who want ...more
Published March 1st 2008 by Carolrhoda Books (first published January 1st 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Campfire Mallory, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Campfire Mallory

Sophie
Bmack
My childhood is filled with great memories of going away to summer camp, but the first time I went away to camp I wasn’t too sure it was a good idea. Just like Mallory MacDonald in the book “Campfire Mallory” I was thinking about all the reason why it wasn’t such a good idea. Some of Mallory’s reasons for not going were, “ What if I fall into the lake and get eaten by a fish or two” or “What if there are bats in my bunk?” Her parents convince her to give it a try and off to Camp Blue Lake she we ...more
Ria
This book is about when Mallory does not want to go to camp but when she goes she has Carnie her bunkmate that is annoying to Mallory but at the end she gets along with Carnie that is now Mallory's friend . This is a really good book you should read this book ( RIGHT AWAY ! ) yay!
Heather
good book series. lessons to be learned. will probably use this for reading rangers (even though the kids are 9 in the book)
Ashlyn
Sydney
when mallory doesn't get to be bunkmates with her best friend mary ann and her bunk mate is annoying her she hurts he bunk mates feelings and tossed the green paint on her bunk mate when there beginning to become friends.mallory doesn't know how to make it up to her.
Sharon
I thought the begining and the middle part of the story was a bit sad and I could clearly tell why mallory was upset about her new 'bff', Carine.In the end I was relieved that she had a nice last day of camp.
Mary Lee
Mallory's a wimp.

My favorite "going to camp" book is still JUST PLAIN MAGGIE by Lorraine Beim, illustrated by Barbara Cooney (copyright 1967 and purchased from the Scholastic Book Services for 35 cents).
Lilly Fife
You know, I just finished reading this like 5 days ago. It was super good. I'd reccomend it for ages 8-11. Mallory learned to make new friends and to forgive others in this camp-filled book.
Isabella Haynal
Mallory is just so lifelike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brett
Mallory continues to be an enjoyable character & read.
Joey Mills
It's a funny and exciting book. I absolutely love it!
Cameron
read it like a million times it is boring
Tessa Miller
This book was amazing
Rebecca
really liked it! :)
Bethany Glick
I loved this book!
Marie
Marie marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2015
Abybatou Mbow
Abybatou Mbow marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2015
Chelsea
Chelsea marked it as to-read
Dec 30, 2014
Isabelle Allen
Isabelle Allen marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Dec 21, 2014
Keyona Alcime
Keyona Alcime marked it as to-read
Dec 20, 2014
  • Violet Mackerel's Remarkable Recovery (Violet Mackerel, #2)
  • My New Best Friend
  • Princess Posey and the First Grade Parade (Princess Posey, #1)
  • Cool Zone with the Pain and the Great One
  • Like Bug Juice on a Burger (Eleanor, #2)
  • Just Grace Goes Green (Just Grace, #4)
  • Ruby Lu, Brave and True
  • Fish Face (The Kids of the Polk Street School, #2)
  • Brand New School, Brave New Ruby (Ruby And The Booker Boys)
  • Mall Madness (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #15)
  • The Case Of The Class Clown (Jigsaw Jones, #12)
  • Make Way for Dyamonde Daniel
  • Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Practicing the Piano: But She Does Love Being in Recitals (Moxy Maxwell, #3)
  • Camille McPhee Fell Under the Bus ...
  • The Two and Only Kelly Twins
  • Ms. Hannah Is Bananas! (My Weird School, #4)
  • Julia Gillian And the Quest for Joy
Laurie Friedman is the author of over 35 award-winning books for children. Laurie writes the popular Mallory McDonald chapter book series for 7-10 year olds. Published by Lerner Publishing, the series currently includes 23 titles. Laurie has a new journal format series for 10-15 year olds entitled, The Mostly Miserable Life of April Sinclair. Laurie has also written many rhyming picture books, inc ...more
More about Laurie B. Friedman...

Mallory McDonald (1 - 10 of 22 books)
  • Mallory On The Move (Mallory McDonald, #1)
  • Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2)
  • Mallory Vs. Max (Mallory McDonald, #3)
  • Happy Birthday, Mallory! (Mallory McDonald, #4)
  • In Business With Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #5)
  • Heart to Heart With Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #6)
  • Mallory on Board (Mallory McDonald, #7)
  • Honestly, Mallory! (Mallory McDonald, #8)
  • Step Fourth, Mallory! (Mallory McDonald, #10)
  • Red, White & True Blue Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #11)
Mallory On The Move (Mallory McDonald, #1) Back to School, Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #2) Mallory Vs. Max (Mallory McDonald, #3) Heart to Heart With Mallory (Mallory McDonald, #6) Happy Birthday, Mallory! (Mallory McDonald, #4)