Start by marking “Muscles, Speed, and Lies: What the Sport Supplement Industry Does Not Want Athletes or Consumers to Know” as Want to Read:

3.86  ·  Rating Details ·  7 Ratings  ·  1 Review
In 2005, health-conscious consumers and athletes combined spent approximately $6 billion on various sport supplements that promised to enhance their health, physical development, or performance. But do these supplements really offer the benefits they claim in their advertising and on their packaging? And are they safe?
David Lightsey, MS, a nutrition and food science adviso
Published June 1st 2006 by Lyons Press

To ask other readers questions about Muscles, Speed, and Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Muscles, Speed, and Lies

Mindi Rosser
Feb 21, 2011 Mindi Rosser rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Athletes, Fitness Trainers, Nutritionists, Physiologists
Recommended to Mindi by: Coach Scott Abel
Duped by the fitness industry, I have been a sucker to the latest "discoveries" in health and wellness...more than I would like to admit. By implanting a need for specific supplements for "hard training athletes," the supplement companies have fooled me time and again. I have spent thousands of hard-earned dollars on muscle-building aids. In reality, the placebo effect was most likely at work in my supposed results.

For the past 12 weeks, I have taken no supplements (besides Fermented Cod Liver O
Dawn Ennis Crocetti
Dawn Ennis Crocetti rated it liked it
Sep 15, 2014
Elaine R. Cheadle
Elaine R. Cheadle marked it as to-read
Jan 02, 2014
Steve Stickel
Steve Stickel rated it really liked it
Apr 20, 2013
Soha
Soha rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2012
Britt Treece
Britt Treece rated it liked it
Jul 24, 2012
Jp
Jp rated it it was amazing
Apr 24, 2012
Masar
Masar marked it as to-read
Oct 21, 2011
Ivan
Ivan rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2011