Start by marking “Resident Evil: Extinction” as Want to Read:
Resident Evil: Extinction

Resident Evil: Extinction (Resident Evil #3)

Following the events of "Resident Evil: Apocalypse," the beautiful, dangerous, enigmatic Alice returns, and this time she and her fellow survivorCarlos Olivera are running with a pack of humans led by a new ally, Claire Redfield. Together they are cutting through the wastelands of the United Stateson a long trek to Alaska. Hunted by the minions of the scheming Dr. Isaacs, ...more
Published July 31st 2007 by Pocket Star Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Resident Evil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resident Evil

Deyth Banger
Apr 12, 2017 Deyth Banger rated it really liked it
Shelves: try
"April 12, 2017 –
60.0% "We have a mission,......"
April 11, 2017 –
15.0% "For what to be ready?
...

For the future... which is difficult to be swallowed?"
April 11, 2017 –
5.0% "That's what happens behind the walls... limitations... possibility... everything in one place... and who is who in real?"
April 11, 2017 – Started Reading"

Gina Lamm
Sep 18, 2008 Gina Lamm rated it it was amazing
Renee Marie
Mar 09, 2009 Renee Marie rated it it was amazing
if you didn't get to see what you wanted to in the movie, i.e. details, backgrounds, tidbits of random knowledge - read this book, most likely it will fill you in on what you dont know or missed.
Oleg Hasanov
Apr 10, 2015 Oleg Hasanov rated it really liked it
Kick-Ass Alice at her best.
Ana Mardoll
Dec 27, 2009 Ana Mardoll rated it liked it
Shelves: ana-reviewed
Resident Evil: Extinction / 9781416544982

This is the third and final book in the DeCandido novelization tie-in to the Resident Evil series, and I have to say I'm glad to see the back of him as an author for this franchise; I hope whoever they got for Resident Evil: Retribution does a little better on characterization.

The plot aspects of this novel, like the two before it, are done well in my opinion. Extinction was probably the weakest of the first three movies in this respect; the plot was goo
Jhon(Original)
Just like the movie, the book was very interesting. Alice has always had a unknown past due to the Umbrella Corporation and every book we find out more about what happened to her. That is why it is important to read and see all the parts of the story so that you can piece together her mysterious past life and experiences. The action is nonstop and although reading the book is not as great as watching the action in a flick, the author certainly makes up for it with plot integrity. There are alway ...more
Roswita
Mar 20, 2009 Roswita rated it really liked it
This is an excellent novelization of the 3rd Resident Evil movie. If you remember from the end of the 2nd movie, Jill, Carlos, LJ, and Angie rescue Alice from an Umbrella facility. In the 3rd movie, Jill and Angie are nowhere to be found. This book goes beyond the movie and explains what happens to them. It's worth the read for that alone, never mind that it's also very well written. Go get it and see for yourself :-)
It's a sad day when you have to read the novelization of a movie to find out what happens to major charactes from the previous movies. Adds some slight depth to the events of the film. (Emphasis on slight.) But then, I didn't read this hoping for Dostoevsky. Light, fluffy, and gross in enjoyable proportions.
Katie
Apr 25, 2009 Katie rated it it was amazing
This was definitely better than the movie. It had so much more detail, including information of the people in the convoy, what Jill was up to, and what else was going on during the movie that wasn't shown. It also tells about the secondary characters - such as Otto Walenski(My favorite character, by the way), K-Mart, etc.
David Garrett jr
May 30, 2015 David Garrett jr rated it really liked it
This book is a solid companion piece to the film. I'm not a big fan of books that are adapted from films, but this one goes much farther than that. It fills in what happens between Apocalypse and Extinction. It even fills in what happens to Jill Valentine. A pretty solid read if you like the Resident Evil films.
Matias
Sep 09, 2009 Matias rated it really liked it
In my opinion this book is good. It combines action and terror. You always whant to read more because it's a mistery. I realy liked it because I always liked resident evil. But, the book could be better because it dosnt explain very good. I do recommend this book.
Ali
Jul 22, 2012 Ali rated it really liked it
I found this book to be a really good read. It also filled in any gaps of understanding I had from watching the movie. The Resident Evil novelizations are great reads if you enjoy the movie franchise.
Paul
Aug 03, 2010 Paul rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Grabbed me in and was 10x better than the B movie. If you are a fan of the sieres at all, this is worth a read. Characters actually have minds and souls, AND Jill Valentine isn't just lost into nothing as was the little girl from Apoc.
Emily
A good novelization, I enjoyed the added parts with Jill and the explanation for Angie as she was just mysteriously missing in the movie. But why did the author cut out the Alice/Carlos kiss?!? I mean come on it was my favorite part of the whole freakin movie!
Brent
Sep 15, 2011 Brent rated it liked it
Better than the movie.
Neha Prasad
Jan 03, 2014 Neha Prasad rated it it was amazing
sad that this was the last book...but it was amazing, got a better understanding of the whole thing once I read the books.. hope the movie franchise doesn't end...
Rachel
Jan 24, 2011 Rachel rated it really liked it
I always like to read the movie novelizations, it's kind of nerdy but you get so much out of the novels! All of the character background and development you don't get to see on screen. I love it!
Lenny
May 13, 2012 Lenny rated it it was amazing
This book I enjoyed more then the others to be honest. This is my favorite.
Jan 02, 2012 Jennifer rated it really liked it
Well written movie novelizations, perhaps better than the actual movie. Fills in a lot of holes in the movie such as the eventual fates of Angela and Jill Valentine.
Violet_violence
Sep 09, 2007 Violet_violence rated it liked it
Recommends it for: zombie fans
Go ahead and laugh at me for reading something so mind-numbing and pop-culturish, but honestly I couldn't wait for the movie. And from what I read the movie is going to be unbelievable.
Abby
Jan 14, 2016 Abby rated it it was amazing

I do not tire of reading me this story
Tristian Campbell
Kick ass book, and one of my all time favorites.
Brett James
Feb 23, 2013 Brett James rated it it was ok
Yeah, that's right. I read it. You wanna fight about it?
Melvin Cassity
Melvin Cassity rated it it was amazing
Mar 29, 2016
Camilo Henao
Camilo Henao rated it it was amazing
May 02, 2013
Seth Runyon
Seth Runyon rated it liked it
Oct 11, 2014
John
John rated it really liked it
Sep 24, 2014
Chris
Chris rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2017
Sadad Liar
Sadad Liar rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2013
Adolfo Hiciano
Adolfo Hiciano rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2012
Ready for the 6th movie? 1 5 Jan 29, 2014 05:56AM
  • Code: Veronica  (Resident Evil, #6)
  • Resident Evil: Retribution - The Official Movie Novelization
  • Resident Evil: Archives: Umbrella's Virus Uncovered
  • Underworld: Evolution (Underworld, #3)
  • The Rage Plague
  • Evolution (LZR-1143, #2)
  • Zombie Britannica
  • Z1n1: The Zombie Pandemic: 2012 Was Just the Beginning
  • Mono no Aware
  • Remains of the Dead (Domain of the Dead #2)
  • Down the Road: On the Last Day
  • Skin Game (Dark Angel, #2)
  • Shatter

Resident Evil (4 books)
  • Resident Evil: Genesis (Resident Evil, #1)
  • Resident Evil: Apocalypse