Bathtub Admirals

Bathtub Admirals

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  14 ratings  ·  5 reviews
In the wicked satirical tradition of Joseph Heller and Kurt Vonnegut, the adventures of two naval men follow America’s rise to global dominance as its military burns off excess testosterone, connives to justify its bloated budget, and prepares for the ultimate challenge—the War on Evil. Buddies Jack Hogan and Buzz Rucci joined the U.S. Navy to defend their country, but the...more
Published April 1st 2008 by Kunati Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Bathtub Admirals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bathtub Admirals

Edward Branley
One of the things that my friends find paradoxical about me is that I love military history, military fiction, and good war stories, in spite of the fact that I'm a liberal, dKos reading (and worse, participating) DFH. I'm usually good about putting aside the personal politics of authors of military fiction, particularly the more knuckle-dragging types like Tom Clancy.

I'm part of the Diary Rescue team, which is a great way to get exposed to a wider range of Kossack diaries. I pick time slots to...more
Josephus FromPlacitas
Very readable, breezy, and somewhat addictive. Nowhere as brilliant as the military satires it name-drops (Catch-22, Slaughterhouse Five), and sometimes a little too "inside baseball" for me to get all the in-jokes, but not a bad novel. A few really good laughs in there.

I got a few of the references, like anyone can tell who Senator Prisoner of War was, but I don't know who Senator Tailhook was. Kent Leslie was obviously Wesley Clark, but who's Fix Felon?

A breezy read, but certainly not essenti...more
Marcia
Really enjoyed the first section which follows just one character, but gave up after the story went Russian novel and started calling characters by multiple names. (Well, that was only one reason.)
Flo
Amusing book, probably funnier if you served in the Navy.
leslie
A little too close to home. Wow!
Michael Tomac
Michael Tomac marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Keith
Keith added it
Sep 15, 2012
Abdullah Jabir
Abdullah Jabir marked it as to-read
Jan 20, 2011
Crowinator
Crowinator marked it as to-read
Sep 06, 2010
Linda Au
Linda Au marked it as to-read
Aug 29, 2010
Molly
Molly marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2010
Jeff
Jeff added it
Jan 31, 2009
John Darrin
John Darrin marked it as to-read
Sep 07, 2008
delbee
delbee marked it as to-read
Jul 11, 2008
Dave
Dave added it
Jun 11, 2008
The Time Traveler's Pocket Guide Youth In Charge: How To Develop Youth Leadership (Skillabilities For Youth Ministry)