Start by marking “Test of Time” as Want to Read:
Test of Time

Test of Time

3.47 of 5 stars 3.47  ·  rating details  ·  390 ratings  ·  8 reviews
He had married for all the best reasons: They liked and respected each other; they had a lot in common and would be great together in business . . . and in bed; and marriage to Katy Randall would help make people forget just how rough Garrett Coltrane's past has been. But she had married for only one reason: love. And that was the one thing Garrett didn't want.
Published January 1st 1995 by Mira Books (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Test of Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Test of Time

Jacqueline
3-1/2 stars I liked this story of a honeymoon. They both started out with unreal but opposite expectations and learned to live with each other. The horse stuff was okay. We made it almost all the way through the book before there was a silly horse mistake that would have taken the author less than a minute's research with a dictionary to avoid. Oh well. I liked how the heroine grew to understand her husband and how she learned to respond to and accept how he really was instead of how she wanted...more
Fedora
Christine
Normally, I would give a book that I stopped reading after chapter 4 a one-star review, but I didn't feel comfortable doing that because I'm not sure I should have picked this one up in the first place, despite it being by one of my favorite authors. This may have been the earliest book of hers I've ever read (or tried to read), and several times I found myself flipping to the cover to make sure I was right about the identity of the author.

The reason I put it down:

Chapter 1 -- painful info dump...more
Diana Hockley
First published in 1988, this novel is definitely better than many of those which were on the market around the same time. The premise that a young woman can go into marriage without discussing anything of an intimate nature with her future husband, is perhaps a step up from the "teen child minders falling in crush with dark, silent mogul" prevalent until the early 1980s.

I found the characters to be a little stereotyped and felt the reasons behind the mysterious "happenings" (horse being let out...more
Diane ~Firefly~
Not one of my favorite by JAK, but still a good read. Katy marries Garrett for love but on her wedding night realizes he doesn't believe in love (I know, huge surprise in a JAK book). She wants to get a divorce right away but he talks her into giving it 3 months for her expertise on horse breeding for his consulting business. There's the mandatory element of danger and them adjusting to each other.
Maria
A reasonably good afternoon read with a light mystery and good characters and dialogue, except for the old stand-by "You just don't understand", which I've always felt is a waste of time to write and read. The book has horses though, always a plus.
Cem73
Titre vf : Trois mois pour séduire (2001) / Follement romantique (1989)
Carlyn
not her usual style, more Harlequin style romance
Jessica
Jessica marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Jean
Jean marked it as to-read
Sep 28, 2014
Melanie Sausser-Burke
Melanie Sausser-Burke marked it as to-read
Sep 16, 2014
Courtney
Courtney marked it as to-read
Sep 11, 2014
BC or Brenda
BC or Brenda marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2014
Caydenspia
Caydenspia marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Jayne Ann Krentz ...: Test of Time (1987) 1 1 Sep 27, 2012 01:27PM
  • Raven's Prey
  • The Fatal Fortune (Guinevere Jones, #4)
  • The Soldier And The Baby (American Romance, No 573)
  • Desire
  • The Lady and the Unicorn (Loveswept, #29)
  • Mistress and Mother
  • On Wings of Magic
  • Acting On Impulse (Harlequin Blaze, #21)

She earned a B.A. in History from the University of California at Sant...more
More about Jayne Ann Krentz...
Running Hot (Arcane Society, # 5) Fired Up (Arcane Society, #7; Dreamlight Trilogy, #1) All Night Long Smoke in Mirrors Sizzle and Burn (Arcane Society, # 3)