Start by marking “Body Language” as Want to Read:
Body Language

Body Language

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,570 Ratings  ·  106 Reviews
In this witty, sensual, poignant tale, "New York Times" bestselling author Suzanne Brockmann explores destiny, deception, and that steamy tipping point between deep friendship and romantic love.
Photograher Clint McCade was a rugged free spirit with the perfect life, until he realized something vital was missing Sandy Kirk. Since grade school, Sandy had been Clint s best f
Mass Market Paperback, 279 pages
Published May 20th 2008 by Bantam (first published 1998)

To ask other readers questions about Body Language, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Body Language

Buggy
Opening Line: "The electronic ring of the telephone shrilled through the darkness of the bedroom."

Originally published in 1998 BODY LANGUAGE is a lighthearted, and amusing friends to lovers story. Touted as romantic comedy this is a quick read that for the most part I enjoyed, especially during the ending chapters when there were less misunderstandings between our couple and a few surprises.

Sandy and Clint have been best friends since they were kids. Growing up on the wrong side of the tracks th
Auntee
Nov 13, 2010 Auntee rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of Suzanne Brockmann
I liked this one, even though the H/h drove me crazy! Why oh why didn't they just talk to each other? Of course if they did then the book would be about 20 pages long...:)

This was the story about long time (since grade school) best friends Clint McCade and Sandy Kirk. Both grew up on the wrong side of the tracks, but both have become very successful as adults. Clint is an Emmy Award winning photographer/videographer, and Sandy has her own videography business. Sandy's moving up in the world, han
Wendy
May 05, 2009 Wendy rated it really liked it
This was a book after my own heart. I love bad boys and Clint McCade is a bad boy with a great heart.

Clint and Sandy have been friends since Jr. High. They have always been such good friends, but thery never thought of taking their relationship to another more intimate level. But Clint is tired of living on the edge. He realizes that Sandy is everything he wants and is ready to tell her all about his feelings. Showing up on her doorstep in his Biker bad boy attire, long hair and beard included,
Becca
May 01, 2016 Becca rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Én valami eszméletlen módon szerettem ezt a KÖNNYED, KELLEMES, édes KIS semmiséget. Aki „mélységet” keres, az olvasson anatómia könyvet. De aki hozzám hasonlóan szeret olvasás közben kikapcsolódni, bátran vegye kezébe.
Imádom Brockmann stílusát, a fordítás is remek.

A szereplőkön rengeteget nevettem, pillanatok alatt a szívemhez nőttek.

Tökéletes egydélutáni olvasmány.
Jacqueline
2-1/2 stars. Nothing really stood out here. A fairly typical book of friends who finally admit they love each other. Workmanlike at best. SB's later stuff is much better. Even some of her early stand alone romances like this one are better.
Arch
This book is about best friends Clint McCade and Cassandra "Sandy" Kirk. They have been friends since they were young.

Clint came to town one day, because he wanted to profess his love for Cassandra, but his plan was shot down, when Sandy reveals something to him that he wasn't expecting.

As the back cover indicates - Clint tries to help Sandy get another man.

Doesn't this theme sounds familiar? Dave and Sophia. Dave tried his best to help Sophia get Decker, knowing how much he was in love with h
Hannah
Actually 2.5 stars.

This audiobook is less than 6 hours in length, but it took me a total of 26 days to complete it. I kept finding excuses not to listen to it. I found myself reaching for my kindle, or a print novel, or listening to music instead because this book just wasn't holding my attention. There is nothing wrong with the writing style or the characters, but the plot (such as it was) just didn't interest me much.

Friends-to-lovers stories can be enjoyable, but something actually needs to
Kari Metzger
Dec 25, 2011 Kari Metzger rated it liked it
Hmm - I thought that the writing in general was pretty good, however I thought that the co-dependence of the two lovers was unbearable! Seriously, neither of them seemed able to speak their mind, and so the book consisted of a lot of ridiculous miscommunications and misunderstandings. If they had just spoken their minds, the book would have been 1/4 of the length - it's almost like they had to keep having the 'I can't imagine s/he would ever love someone like me' conversation over and over just ...more
Rute Sousa
Oct 29, 2014 Rute Sousa rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Those who like story of love between friends
I really love this book...
What I particularly like about this story is how believable it is... Are two close friends that know each very well and one day just realize the love that exist between them. In the plot there isn't no misunderstanding or manipulation for other people, only the developing of a relationship.
I highly recommend this romance...
Plus is a quick and easy read.
Anusriya
May 31, 2016 Anusriya rated it it was ok
Read like a typical M&B book. but a quick read.did not waste much of my time so two stars for that.
Mistress
Nov 21, 2014 Mistress rated it liked it
Diana
Mar 01, 2015 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Body Language was an appropriate title for this book and Ellen Archer made it a pleasant listen!

Full review at AudioGals
Lisa ~ Books Are My Drugs ~
Genre Contemporary Romance

MC1 Clint McCade
MC2 Sandy Kirk

Storyline
Clint McCade & Sand Kirk have been best friends since they were kids. Then one day, out of the blue McCade wakes up & realized he's in love with Sandy. So he hops on his bike & heads to her place. But when he gets there, she tells him she loves another man. So he does what any man who wants the woman he loves to be happy does. He helps her develops the skills to attract the guy she's got her eye on. But in the process o
Sara
Sep 13, 2010 Sara rated it liked it
Even though this is one of her really old books, i kinda like it. The whole theme of the man falling for his best friend is as old as time.
It's just that Brockmann takes the simple theme to a whole new level, introducing loveable characters that can keep your attention hooked.
She definately made me wanna keep going back for more!
Lori
Jan 29, 2015 Lori rated it it was ok
For two people who grew up as best friends, they sure know nothing about each other.

The book is about long-time childhood friends who finally realize they are in love with each other. The problem is that both individuals are riddled with self-doubt and neither of them have the balls or the brains to figure it out. Then when they get anywhere in their romantic relationship, they screw it up with assumptions and hurtful accusations. I'm used to SB's characters being intelligent and strong and the
Peep (Pop! Pop!)
I listened to this one a few days ago ago and am behind on reviews so I don't remember much. I do know that this one annoyed me a lot. I did kind of like the story but man, come on! I couldn't take all this angst from grown people! They aren't teens. Just tell each other how you feel for goodness sakes! Wow! They just hemmed and hawed and assumed and thought and it just got to be too much. I wanted them to just talk. And did anyone think it was unbelievable after they made it official? McCade an ...more
Sandy Williams
Jun 05, 2010 Sandy Williams rated it really liked it
Listened to the audiobook, again b/c it was the only book that seemed interesting and which was available from the library downloads. Finally, a good one. I enjoyed this story, and the narrator only got on my nerves when she spoke in Tony's voice. Fortunately, he was a very minor character, so this was a very listenable book, unlike Breaking Dawn and A Wallflower Christmas. *eye roll*

It's a simple plot. Guy loves girl. Girl think she wants another guy but needs to learn how to seduce him. First
Kelli
I finished this in a matter of hours. I couldn't put it down. Just one more page led to a nonstop read-a-thon. Brockmann had me hooked from the get-go. I've had this book on the shelf for so long and this is the kind of book I search for, I just can't get over how long I've been sitting on it -- all this time, like these two, what I've been looking for has been right under my nose. Not only was it a friends-to-lovers storyline, which I go absolutely bananas for, but it was written so completely, ...more
Emily Higgins
Feb 27, 2015 Emily Higgins rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Clint McCade and Sandy Kirk have been friends since junior high. Clint is a photographer and Sandy is a producer. They have seen each other sporadically as the demands of their separate careers have allowed. Now, Clint has come to the realization that he loves Sandy and wants her permanently in his life. The only thing is, he has to approach Sandy carefully because he is not sure Sandy feels the same way. Cute story.
Jen
Jan 09, 2016 Jen rated it it was ok
Audiobook version. Decent narration. I love a good girl next door/best friend romance, but this one was just so-so. I wanted to reach into my ipod and throttle both main characters for being so blind multiple times. I took a break for a few days from reading/listening because it couldn't keep my attention. Overall it was okay, but I wouldn't read it again. I usually like this author more.
Sharyn
Sep 11, 2014 Sharyn rated it it was ok
Another early Brockman that I listened to. I found this book incredibly annoying. If I had been reading it I would have skimmed through. We knew what Clint and Sandy were thinking through the whole book, but they never said these things to each other!! I know, there wouldn't have been a book, but I just don't like books that are premised on misunderstandings. Oh well, can't like them all.
Jeanie Mccarthy Pityinger
I DID NOT like this book - Romance & Mystery are 2 of my fave genres, and this was supposed to be a bit of both but it was like dress up, make up dating tips girly party except it was the guy who was her best friend and who was in love with her who was dress her up/making her up and giving her dating advice to use with someone ELSE she was interested in...1/2 way through the book and it was still more of the same...ugh!
Mom
Apr 12, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-during-2010
A bad boy in black leather who'd never forgotten the first girl he loved....

Clint McCade roared into town to visit his best friend, just as he had a dozen times before but this time the rugged photographer had romance on his mind! When Sandy Kirk told him she'd lost her heart at last, he knew he'd waited too long to claim her, but vowed to help her get her man. Practicing seduction and pretending to be lovers started out as a game, but would their lips and bodies betray the desire neither dared
Becky
Jan 15, 2012 Becky rated it it was ok
This one was just okay...the library had it on audio, it was short (about 5 hours), and I needed something to listen to while I worked on a project, so....

First of all, the whole "body language" bit just seemed too ridiculous for words. I seriously cannot imagine any self-respecting guy giving those "lessons"--at least not in the awkward, stilted way Clint did. It's been done in other venues and books in a much more realistic--and sensual--manner than this. Secondly, most of the drama in this bo
Ada Iaboni
Nov 17, 2015 Ada Iaboni rated it liked it
It's been a while since I'd read a "regular" romance novel. One that did not have other things involved like; murder or sneaky, back stabbing people doing crazy things. As far as these "regular" romance novels go, it was fine. But since I've been reading many books with much more going on at once, this one was mild and skipped right through it.
Jenn
Apr 24, 2014 Jenn rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a very simple romantic book. A good read between heavier more intense books. It's a typical best friends who realize that they love each other. One thinks she in love with another man, he's heartbroken but does everything possible to turn the tables on her. It's nice, simple and a quick read.
Julie
Mar 11, 2015 Julie rated it liked it
Body Language brings together friends Clint and Sandy to work on a video campaign shoot together at around the same time they both realize they have feelings together. While these characters are not as strong as we typically see from Brockmann, they are likeable.

An easy read.
Lisa Ward
Aug 31, 2015 Lisa Ward rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Goodread Friends
I enjoyed this book love story about two friends that grew up together. Somewhere along the line Clint a free spirit realized he's in love with his best friend Sandy. Who's also in love with him but afraid to say so. You'll be surprised of the ending.
Jeri
Oct 19, 2010 Jeri rated it really liked it
This was light (it lacks the intensity of some of Brockmann's books, particularly her romantic suspense books), but very enjoyable. Clint McCade and Sandy Kirk have been best friends since they were teenagers. When Clint comes rushing back into Sandy's life again, intending to tell her that he has finally realized that he is in love with her, he is dismayed to learn that he may be too late. She already has her eye on someone else, a man who seems much more suited to her than Clint could ever be. ...more
Jodi
Sep 03, 2012 Jodi rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012-read
Sandy Kirk has worked hard to get over being from the wrong side of the tracks. Photographer Clint McCade never bothered to forget his roots or the fact that Sandy Kirk was everything he ever wanted. But when she tells him she wants another man, he goes to extreme length to make sure she gets what she wants. It becomes a romantic comedy when she starts to realize McCade is everything she wants and he keeps putting her in front of other men. Brockmann has become a much, much stronger writer since ...more
  • More Than Friends
  • Anything for You (It's All About Attitude #6)
  • SEALed with a Ring (SEALed, #3)
  • Crossfire (High Risk #2)
  • Night Secrets (T-FLAC, #13)
  • Old Enough to Know Better
  • And Able (Mercenary Trilogy, #3)
  • Coming Undone (Marine, #4)
  • Scoring (Lowell High School #2.5)
  • Anybody but Justin (Chances Are, #1)
  • Her Perfect Life (The Reunited Hearts, #1)
  • Nashville Naughty (Nashville, #2)
  • Indecent Suggestion
  • The Pretenders
  • Secret Admirer
  • One Last Look (Look trilogy, #3)
  • Her Guardian
  • Bad Boy
Suzanne Brockmann was born in 1960. Married with Ed Gaffney, a lawyer and published writer. They have two grown children: Melanie, who is a personal trainer and author, and Jason, who is an actor and tap dancer. They divide their time between Boston, Massachusetts, Sarasota, Florida and New York City.

Published since 1993, Suzanne is widely recognized as one of the leading voices in suspense romanc
More about Suzanne Brockmann...