Start by marking “Wild” as Want to Read:
Wild

Wild

When six-year-old Abel Cohen wanders off from her parents’cabin in the woods of Maine, she is rescued by Zac Lipton, a girl barely older than herself, who knows her way through the trees because they are where she has spent her entire life. That meeting sparks a summer-long friendship filled with laughter, stories, adventures and, of course, spinning.

Fourteen years later
Published May 14th 2014 by Sapphire Books Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Wild, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wild

Pin
Aww... this is such a sweet, sweet story. Very well written with a captivating and very lovable characters, interesting and well-constructed plot. Fans of sweet and tender romance novels would not want to miss this lovely story.
Les Read
Jan 08, 2016 Les Read rated it really liked it
If you ever wished to read to a Tarzan-type of story featuring women who love women, swing your way over to Wild: The Wild Will Tame You. This book has been on my "to read" list for awhile, and I just got around to finishing it last night.

Prior to reading les-fic, I spent most of my time in the world of classics and magic realism. It took me a few books to wrap my head around the concept of the "new adult" genre as a sub-category within les-fic. The les-fic that I knew prior to 2013 was just...
Renata
Jun 21, 2015 Renata rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a very different story. I initially thought I wouldn't like it, because I considered the premise a little too unrealistic. But then I began to read it like it was some sort of fantasy story and just went along with it. I really don't think anyone would be able to survive in the woods like Zac did, totally on her own. But once I put in my head this was a total fiction, it didn't bother me as much and I was able to enjoy a very beautiful and sweet love story.

My heart ached for Zac all the
Joelenne
Aug 04, 2014 Joelenne rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I loved the plot, the characters and look forward to future works by the author.
Jenna
While the core premise is interesting, this is, at its heart, Xena Uber-fiction. That's not inherently a bad thing, but several of that niche's shortcomings are evident here, the biggest of which was the way it referred to its characters.

Although writing stories in which the majority of characters are female eliminates the hetero shortcut of referring to said characters by their gender (he, him, his; she her, hers), overuse of that practice tends to be an artifice of the lazy writer anyway. Unfo
Margaret
Aug 06, 2015 Margaret rated it really liked it
Shelves: l-words
This is just a really lovely story.

Even though, at times, the 'unusual' lifestyle of Zac requires the reader to overlook some practicalities (/spoiler the police only look for her for 3 days after the boogie man incident and nothing triggers in police files when she moves into people zones?! /endspoiler) this perspective introduces unique story arcs and character obstacles not usually seen in Contemporary les romances to great effect.

It's slow build but the story never drags. The supporting cha
qrbooks
Nov 06, 2016 qrbooks rated it it was ok
F/F general fiction, young adult, side of romance

This is the story about a girl named Zac who is basically stranded in the "wild" as a young teen after her father dies. She lives in the woods alone and spends time "riding the rails" for the next 14 years. A magical connection brings her back to Maine's Wachiva Forest and there she is reunited with the straight blonde she met when she was around 6 yrs old... her soulmate, apparently. Straight blonde is now a college girl in Boston. Initially from
Terry Baker
Jun 02, 2014 Terry Baker rated it it was amazing
When Abel Cohen (Spinney) was six years old, she got lost in the woods surrounding her parents vacation cabin in Maine. Zac Lipton, a girl slightly older than Abel, finds her wandering around and helps her find her way back home. Zac has lived in the woods all her life and knows every inch of them. The two young girls become firm friends and play together every day over the summer, enjoying carefree laughter, adventures and spinning. The summer came to an end and the girls didn’t meet again ...more
Katja ZC
Oct 03, 2016 Katja ZC rated it it was amazing
Love this book! This is so heartbreakingly good. Some ignorance of the protagonist, Zac, does not really make sense but if you are a true romantic, you will be able to forgive these flaws of the story and cry along with the protagonists.
Nka300
I concur with most of the reviews, ths includes the negative and the positive review. I concur with most of the negative point mentioned in jenna's review, but for those that dont find these points a bother (like me) or dont even notice these kind of things, i think they'd really enjoy the book.

Something that DID bother me though was the semi abrubt ending. I would've liked to read more about zac's transition knto civilisation. What also bothered me was the question how they resolved her ID issu
ybnrmalatall
May 23, 2015 ybnrmalatall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Just wow. I was very surprised by it. It had some long winded sections but I was entranced the whole book. It's been a while, probably a half a year since I picked up a book and read until it was finished. The books I seem to pick up just call me away to do other things! I get this conscience that says "go do something else, anything else, you are killing me". Thanks for the awesome romance read Kim!
Gemma
Gemma rated it it was amazing
Oct 12, 2014
Bárbara
Bárbara rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2015
Megan Baez
Megan Baez rated it really liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Leela20
Leela20 rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2016
Neshtiman Ramadan
Neshtiman Ramadan rated it it was amazing
Jul 16, 2015
Am23
Am23 rated it it was amazing
Mar 21, 2016
Liz
Liz rated it really liked it
Nov 19, 2016
Cindy
Cindy rated it really liked it
Aug 20, 2014
Anne
Anne rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2014
Me
Me rated it it was amazing
Aug 04, 2015
Knight
Knight rated it it was amazing
Apr 22, 2015
Kimmy Katis
Kimmy Katis rated it it was amazing
Jun 21, 2015
Philisha
Philisha rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2014
Elryn90
Elryn90 rated it really liked it
May 22, 2016
Traj
Traj rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
Emma
Emma rated it it was amazing
May 08, 2015
Sue Matthews
Sue Matthews rated it it was amazing
Feb 13, 2016
Lubpui
Lubpui rated it it was amazing
May 03, 2015
scoot
scoot rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Kim Pritekel is a published author living in Denver, Colorado. She is also a very popular online author of many novels, novellas and short stories. She is the Royal Academy of Bards 2005 Hall of Fame Author.

From the author's website: I was born and raised in Pueblo, CO., a state I've stayed in my entire life - thus far. I have an older sister and a younger half-sister, both of whom are awesome.

I
More about Kim Pritekel...