Start by marking “June (Brides of the West, #2)” as Want to Read:
June (Brides of the West, #2)

June (Brides of the West #2)

3.97  ·  Rating Details ·  1,471 Ratings  ·  50 Reviews
Lori Copeland continues her historical romance series, Brides of the West, with book 2, "June." As June leaves her Michigan home to become the mail-order bride of a Washington State preacher, readers will learn the important lesson that God is ever faithful, even when we don't understand his plan or purpose in our lives. "June" delivers a lighthearted, entertaining story a ...more
Published March 20th 1999 by Heartquest (first published January 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about June, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about June

Tamara Tilley
June leaves for Washington to become the wife of a pastor. When she arrives, she finds her betrothed is ill. Not thinking it anything too serious, she gets to know the other people that belong to the Evangelistic Crusade that Eli (her betrothed) has dedicated his life to. When Eli passes away, June wonders if her decision to become a mail-order bride was God's plan for her. Confident that it was, she decides her new calling is to stay on and help see Eli's dream of building a tabernacle dedicate ...more
Ladysatel
A Christian book about a young woman who becomes a mail order bride and travels to Washington State to meet her new husband.

On arrival she finds him ill with a bad cold. She nurses him and he seems to be getting better, when he takes a turn for the worst and dies. June decides to stay on and help the pastor erect his new church as her fiancee planned to do before his death.

June becomes active in the church community, teaching Sunday School and finding donations for the new church. However as tim
Debbie West
Sep 07, 2015 Debbie West rated it it was ok
I thought for once Lori Copeland had written a decent romance novel. But I was wrong! She did okay, for the most part, not making June's character as wishy washy as she made Hope's. June seems to have a good, charitable personality, she only wants to help others. Parker begins to notice her more, even takes her on a romantic, moonlet picnic. Then suddenly she becomes angry at him for no reason! He just called her Sweetheart, yet she thinks he has no feelings for her. I don't think this author ha ...more
Miss Clark
Feb 08, 2014 Miss Clark rated it it was ok
Huh, not really much to say. Mining town. Predictable romance. Girl leaves. Guy follows. They declare their love. There is plenty of faith discussions. Etc. Yep.
Cricket
Jun 24, 2016 Cricket rated it liked it
June is the second book in the series of Brides of the West. She along with her 2 sisters leave Michigan in different directions to become mail order brides. June heads to Washington state to meet Eli, her new intended. With many twists and turns and some surprises she has to make some grown up woman decisions for a 17 year old. The religious facets of the book are done in a manner as not to make the reader feel preached at or told you have to feel or do certain things to be a religious person. ...more
Gloria
May 29, 2014 Gloria rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Anyone; historical romance lovers; mail order brides; spiritual abuse survivors
June is about a sister of Faith and Hope, named June. (Really redundant, huh.) Anyway, as was explained in the first book, Faith, Hope and June all answered different ads and became mail-order brides. June traveled from Michigan to Seattle, Washington. When she arrived there, her intended husband was sick and he died before they could be married. Her intended had a very good friend named Parker and worked for Reverend Isaac Inman, an evangelist who had settled down to build a great tabernacle in ...more
Kathryn
Jan 02, 2011 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Annalisa
Mar 20, 2012 Annalisa rated it really liked it

From Library Journal:
Mail-order bride June Kallahan arrives in Seattle from Michigan to discover that her intended, Eli Messenger, the assistant to a famous evangelist named Isaac Inman, is ill. After he dies, June stays on to work at the local orphanage, where she realizes Inman is allowing the orphans to go without in order to build a showy tabernacle. A romance blooms between June and Parker Sentell, a friend of Eli's, as they try to convince Inman of the errors of his thinking. Like its pred
Jenni C
Nov 15, 2014 Jenni C rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book better than the first of the series. I like the way Lori copeland brings realistic trials and conversations on solutions into her stories without overdoing it. her characters are strong and I love the way she weaves romantic chemistry without a lot of physical contact or descriptions. good story.
Debbie Turner
Nov 30, 2014 Debbie Turner rated it it was amazing
Lori Copeland has done a wonderful job with her Brides of the West series. These books are featured in the Old West. They are inspirational books. I loved June, the second book in the series.
Lynda
Mar 27, 2014 Lynda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Mail-Order bride series -- June is Book 2. This series is an enjoyable set of reads. Best to read in order but books can stand on their own.
Melissa
June is filled with very good characters and at the beginning an excellent plot, but I think that towards the end it tends to slack a little. For the most part, however, it is very good, and the romance is quite sweet. Just like Faith, however, it is a very light read and not much depth to it.
Marla
Jan 26, 2016 Marla rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
OK - nothing great
Pam
Sep 16, 2014 Pam added it
liked this book
Lisa Young
An easy read that kept my interest.
Nancy Westray
Aug 10, 2015 Nancy Westray rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it very much
Marci
May 22, 2010 Marci rated it liked it
Like the previous book in this series, very fast and light read. I gave this one 3 stars instead of four because the ending just seems too rushed. The ending to the first one seemed too rushed, too.

Also, I predicted the entire book and how it would end within the first chapter.

Still a fun book to read when you are in the mood for easy, but not sleazy, romance that requires no thinking.
Julie
Jul 28, 2011 Julie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is the last of a series about mail order brides traveling west in search of a future. Like the other two books of the series, Faith and Hope, this book takes a different path then what the characters planned. After reading the other two books, I felt this book came up short. The plot mostly took place in the Seattle area, and the ending was cute.
Kristi
Mar 22, 2010 Kristi rated it really liked it
Recommended to Kristi by: Cyndi Krebs
heartwarming. I enjoyed this one as well as the others in the series. I've been reading one each day for the past 3 days... : ) I just realized I mixed up the order of the last two books June and Hope, whoops. Luckily it didn't hinder the story. Make sure you read Faith first though as it does refer to that one in it a bit.
Kathy Heare Watts
Another excellent mail order bride story from the Brides of the West series by Lori Copeland. Many times the story brought out the fact that the Lord always answers our prayers, sometimes it is YES, sometimes it is NO, and oft times it is WAIT. We must understand that God's time is not necessarily our time.
Nicole
Oct 20, 2012 Nicole rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
June is a sweet story about a mail-order bride who arrives at her destination only to find that her groom is on his deathbed. Alone in a wilderness of sky-scraping timber, June must learn the ropes and discover whose side she should be on in a local dispute over a worthy cause.
Teya Peck
Oct 11, 2012 Teya Peck rated it really liked it
It's been about a week since I finished it so I'll do my best to remember. I was good. Her dramatics got a bit old, however it was good. I liked the fact at the end when he came and surprised her. Predictable, but I LOVED that part.
Sherri
This wasn't my favorite of the trilogy. Not a page turning thriller, but enough to keep me reading on just how it would end, albeit a little predictable and fast. June came across as young and naive. Easy,clean read.
joyce lynn
Dec 02, 2008 joyce lynn rated it really liked it
was nice to see that someone besides me fights w/ the lack of discernment!

good book, w/ some good earthly struggles. was a bit lacking in details on the couple that suddenly ended up in love and married, but ...
Sue
Jan 25, 2008 Sue rated it liked it
Historical American novel featuring one of the many 'mail-order brides' of the 1800s. Quite a good plot, though none of the characters were entirely believable.
Shantelle
June was a sweet, Christian romance that I enjoyed very much. It's the second book of the Brides of the West series... all of which are great! Don't miss!
Chris
Mar 08, 2008 Chris rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult-fiction
Second in the series, so another mail order bride. Interesting turn of events shows this character how God works for a purpose, even if we don't understand why.
Rachel
Oct 03, 2013 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was a fun, well-written novel with great characters. I really enjoyed June's story, and I found some of her predicaments to be highly entertaining.
Heather
Aug 17, 2016 Heather rated it really liked it
My Review (9/18/2012): I found the plot a smidge less interesting than "Faith," but I definitely still enjoyed Copeland's lively writing style. (Grade: "B.")
Mj
May 03, 2013 Mj rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book, but I really liked the first two in the series better. Looking forward to reading some additional books in the series.
  • Prairie Storm (A Town Called Hope, #3)
  • Calico Canyon (Lassoed in Texas, #2)
  • City Girl (Yellow Rose, #3)
  • Dear Lady (Coming to America #1)
  • Sweet Boundless (The Diamond of the Rockies #2)
  • A Veiled Reflection (Westward Chronicles, #3)
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...

Brides of the West (6 books)
  • Faith  (Brides of the West #1)
  • Hope (Brides of the West, #3)
  • Glory (Brides of the West, #4)
  • Ruth (Brides of the West #5)
  • Patience  (Brides of the West, #6)