Start by marking “Monday Morning Faith” as Want to Read:
Monday Morning Faith

Monday Morning Faith

Dear Mom and Pop, Two days ago we all spent the afternoon in palm trees. One of the village dogs broke his leash and treed the whole community. The dog is mean, but I have managed to form a cautious relationship with him by feeding him scraps from our table, and jelly beans...I hope candy doesn't hurt a dog; it hasn't hurt this dog, I can assure you. I know you're wonderin ...more
Published September 10th 2006 by Zondervan Publishing Company (first published September 1st 2006)

Jamie Hatch
Oct 19, 2010 Jamie Hatch rated it really liked it
Dora Wagner
Mar 30, 2015 Dora Wagner rated it really liked it
Shelves: march-2015
This is a humorous and serious look at missionary work. The story shows how we can fight our call and fight the love God sends our way. It also shows how, and I am guilty of this, we can sometimes feel as though our call is unimportant and has no impact on the lives of others. We can all feel very unworthy. However, we can all be used, all we have to do is listen and follow God's plan.
Andrea
Jan 27, 2015 Andrea rated it it was ok
Another book that partially takes place in Papua New Guinea. And once again, while I know this is fiction, I was too distracted by the inaccuracy of how PNG was portrayed to enjoy the story. Sure wish some of it were true...like flying directly from Chicago to Port Moresby. Some of it just made me cringe...like the main character getting in a physical altercation with an elder in the village. I would hate to see what would have happened if this were based on a true story.

So....while the story w
Dailyn
Jul 06, 2015 Dailyn rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, 9th-grade
Angie Taylor
Aug 05, 2009 Angie Taylor rated it liked it
This book is written by a Christian author that has a knack for capturing what people experience in real life situations. She does this in such a way to make the reader laugh, cry, and desire to be a better person. At times this book is a little to preachy and too obvious, but it resonated with me for many reasons. The main character goes to New Guinea with a group of missionaries and tries to acclimate to a missionary life. However she has a hard time of it at first focusing on only the things ...more
Deb
Sep 04, 2007 Deb rated it liked it
Librarian Johanna Holland thinks she is content with her life, she enjoys her work and taking care of her parents. But her life gets shaken up when her parents decide to move and she meets a man who takes an interest in her. Suddenly Johanna is getting made over by her best friend, moving into a new apartment, and going on dates with Sam. But all this change has her a bit befuddled, and she is especially confused by Sam s choice of careers he wants to work as a missionary doctor in Papua New Gui ...more
Carolyn Tye
Mar 13, 2016 Carolyn Tye rated it it was amazing
In my opinion, this was the best book I've read from this author. It seemed like she was closer to the subject matter of this book. The characters and situations were realistically portrayed. I cried for the main character.
joyce lynn
Dec 31, 2008 joyce lynn rated it really liked it
i can't imagine setting myself up for a marriage where i might only see my husband about one month out of the whole year, so i found this story to be a little bit unbelievable, hence not getting a full 5 stars. BUT ...

i fell in love w/ the main character. has struggles, including w/ her faith, like most of us do. and, also like most of us, is scared to death of her own shadow, if it falls outside of her comfort zone. YET ...

she could even laugh at herself. i loved that about her! and, that was w
LaLa
Jan 15, 2016 LaLa rated it it was amazing
Jen
Aug 02, 2010 Jen rated it liked it
it was okay. i liked the parts when she was in New guinea and describing everything there. It was fun to imagine doing that. I really liked the main character's friend Melva, she was a good character. There were parts that definitely got on my nerves, but all in all it was good. The author didn't develop the romance relationship well at all and it was hard to imagine that they loved each other since the build up was nonexistent for that. A couple things like that you had to just push through and ...more
Jennifer Pritchard
Oct 18, 2015 Jennifer Pritchard rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobook
Very convicting story for me! That's me in the mission field and I love the honesty about the struggle. Made me rethink my commitment to the Lord and am I being obedient to Him in everything I do?
Eunice
May 27, 2016 Eunice rated it really liked it
It was a bit slow to grow on me, but it was a good story.
Gail
Aug 01, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing
Book club
Lindsey
May 20, 2014 Lindsey rated it liked it
It was a little cheesy but had redeeming qualities. :)
Amanda Birdwell
Jan 16, 2010 Amanda Birdwell rated it it was ok
I feel like I can probably write one review and use it for all of the Christian chick lit I am reading lately. I truly do not understand my sudden need to read about formula novels about Christian ladies. I liked this one pretty well, though, and would probably have given it three stars were it not 1. embarrassing! and 2. while I don't hold it against Copeland, I am resentful regarding the total absence of writerly, literary Christian fiction.
Becky
Jun 04, 2011 Becky rated it it was amazing
I borrowed this book from the library as an "in-between" book until I could find a something else. Wow! I was bowled over by this fascinating story. I even stayed up past midnight reading (until I couldn't keep my eyes open). The juxtaposition of the Papua New Guinea jungle and the American Midwest is jolting - how much we take for granted! Including touches of humor & romance, this story of metamorphisis is thoroughly enjoyable :)
Barbara
What a great book of Christian faith and walking with the Lord. Helped me realize missionaries don't always see their results. They lay the groundwork and other missionaries may witness the results. Building trust and relationships takes time -- sometimes a LONG time. This helped me realize the value of relationships with non-believers whether foreign or in my own neighborhood. Feed them and then witness to them!!
Amy S
May 01, 2016 Amy S rated it liked it
It was thought provoking.
Annette
May 04, 2010 Annette rated it liked it
Addressed a question about being called to a ministry. How does a person know they are really called. A woman loves a man and goes with him to Papua New Guinea as part of a missionary team. He was extremely on fire to be there....she wasn't. Many funny parts. Didn't care too much for the continuous self-instrospection. Had a good ending.
Debdanz
May 08, 2010 Debdanz rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book as it came highly recommended to me, but i found it to be the most insidious type of mind-poison I have read in a long time- perpetuating the myth that women must sacrifice themselves to men because God says so. Balderdash.
Rshelite
Jul 13, 2010 Rshelite rated it really liked it
This 40 year old librarian has finally met the man of her dreams and he is a retired doctor who has a deep love for missions. He wants her to to with him and she tries it, but she doesn't take to it like he does.
Misty
Dec 19, 2012 Misty rated it it was ok
I did not find this warm and whimsical at all. It was okay. Got a little more than halfway. Didn't finish, probably won't, but I have another Lori Copeland book I think I'll give a try.
Marsha
Jun 23, 2008 Marsha rated it it was amazing
Story of Johanna and Sam - Sam called to New Guinea for missionary work, Johanna not sure of her call/dedeication - great story about discerning God's call on your life
Rachel
Mar 19, 2010 Rachel rated it it was amazing
Very cool story about figuring out your role in life when your husband is called to the mission field and you are only called to be with him.
Melanie
Jul 01, 2008 Melanie rated it liked it
This books was okay. If you have nothing else to read then it's good to read. I read another by this author and I just don't care for her writing.
Mrspam4ever
Apr 23, 2013 Mrspam4ever rated it really liked it
A wonderful book! It makes you think about your own willingness to serve and what all you could give up to follow Him.
Ella
May 26, 2008 Ella rated it did not like it
the girl was boring and very slow. the love story was lame. It skipped over how they actually fell in love.
April
Dec 23, 2008 April rated it really liked it
This is a nice story- fast read, a little on the fluffy side but has some good humor in it!
Diane Miller
Nov 21, 2007 Diane Miller rated it it was amazing
Where does your faith reveal itself...on Sunday morning or every day of the week?
Margaret
Nov 13, 2009 Margaret rated it liked it
A librarian tests her faith on a short term mission trip to Papua New Guinea.
  • Santa Fe Woman (Wagon Wheels Series, #1)
  • Rolling Thunder
  • Front Porch Princess
  • A Shred of Evidence (Seaport Suspense #1)
  • Awaken My Heart
  • Santa Maybe
  • The Sweet Spot
  • Ghost Writer
  • The Orchid Hunter
  • Life, Libby, and the Pursuit of Happiness
  • Home Before Midnight
  • Mother Angelica's Answers, Not Promises
  • Lady Polly (Suffolk, #2)
  • Wild Heather (English Ivy, #2)
  • Brides O' the Emerald Isle
  • Miss Westlake's Windfall
  • One Perfect Gift (Culdee Creek Christmas #2)
  • The Still of Night (A Rush of Wings #2)
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...