Start by marking “Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals” as Want to Read:
Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals

Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals

3.57 of 5 stars 3.57  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  8 reviews
New York Times best-selling author Sandra Lee is back with more fast and fabulous family-friendly recipe.Sandra brings her Semi-Homemade cooking approach of 70 percent store-bought, 30 percent homemade to create super-quick meals in 20-minutes or less--from start to finish.Irresistible recipes for main dishes, sides, appetizers, desserts and more are included along with a ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semi-Homemade 20-Minute Meals

Samantha Penrose
She's got the time to write all these books, but she hasn't got the time to make an actual homemade meal!
She must make aaaa llllllooooooottttttt of money on endorsements -- each and every recipe's ingredients list tells you what brand you must use...
This semi-homemade style of cooking is not very "earth friendly" either! When you cook from scratch you will find that you have very little to throw away....when you crack open a tv dinner you have a box and a tray, when you make a semi-homeade meal
Tara Carpenter
We liked most of the recipes we tried from the first Semi-Homemade cookbook. And they are pretty fast, even if you don't use the store-bought ingredients called for. It only takes a little more time to chop your own garlic or saute chicken breast chunks.

Our favorite recipe was Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce and I really liked the Broiled Salmon with Pesto Mayonnaise, which was soooo easy.

I will definitely check out another of her 20-Minute Meals at the library - maybe the crockpot one next. I e
Melissa
We found a lot of the meals in this book to be tasty- most were "winners". As for the "20 minute" claim, I think it would be truee if you followed the pre-made ingredient list. We tend to like fresh stuff, so we still chopped our own veggies ir used fresh instead of canned or frozen ingredients.
Not only do these recipes not sound appetizing, but I just can't get into the idea of using so many canned, frozen, and pre-mixed ingredients. I like watching her show, but I don't think I'll ever cook like her.
Jami
The recipes in this book are delicious, but if you are weight-conscious I would recommend a different cookbook. A lot of her meals in this book are heavy and high in calories and fat.
Chris
A handfull of recipes in this book have become family favorites. The pasta alla vodka is the best I've had.
Carol
Haven't had a chance to try many of the recipes yet, but os far so good
Gayle Kee
wonderful. lots of great recipes
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
May 15, 2015
Erica
Erica marked it as to-read
Apr 27, 2015
Dawn
Dawn marked it as to-read
Mar 01, 2015
Amanda Moore
Amanda Moore marked it as to-read
Feb 24, 2015
Amy Sjoquist
Amy Sjoquist marked it as to-read
Feb 16, 2015
Laura Lubak
Laura Lubak marked it as to-read
Nov 23, 2014
Gina Kwack
Gina Kwack is currently reading it
Aug 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Made From Scratch: A Memoir The Recipe Box Semi-Homemade Slow Cooker Recipes Semi-Homemade Cooking Semi-Homemade Cooking 2