Start by marking “Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals” as Want to Read:
Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals

Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals

New York Times best-selling author Sandra Lee is back with more fast and fabulous family-friendly recipe. Sandra brings her Semi-Homemade cooking approach of 70 percent store-bought, 30 percent homemade to create super-quick meals in 20-minutes or less--from start to finish. Irresistible recipes for main dishes, sides, appetizers, desserts and more are included along with ...more
Published October 16th 2006 by Meredith Books

To ask other readers questions about Semi-Homemade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semi-Homemade

Katherine Petersdorf
*This Book was Read at Library, Not Purchased on Amazon*

I love books like this. Being a college student and a business owner / author - I don't always have time to make things from scratch. Semi-Homemade works for me because it is fast, simple, affordable, and easy. I love Sandra Lee, I watch her shows all the time and she really inspires me to want to blog and write about solutions for the busy woman, wife, and/or mother.

Normally, I would give a book like this a 5 star rating, because I loved
Tara Carpenter
Jul 10, 2008 Tara Carpenter rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
We liked most of the recipes we tried from the first Semi-Homemade cookbook. And they are pretty fast, even if you don't use the store-bought ingredients called for. It only takes a little more time to chop your own garlic or saute chicken breast chunks.

Our favorite recipe was Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce and I really liked the Broiled Salmon with Pesto Mayonnaise, which was soooo easy.

I will definitely check out another of her 20-Minute Meals at the library - maybe the crockpot one next. I e
Samantha Penrose
May 02, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
She's got the time to write all these books, but she hasn't got the time to make an actual homemade meal!
She must make aaaa llllllooooooottttttt of money on endorsements -- each and every recipe's ingredients list tells you what brand you must use...
This semi-homemade style of cooking is not very "earth friendly" either! When you cook from scratch you will find that you have very little to throw away....when you crack open a tv dinner you have a box and a tray, when you make a semi-homeade meal
Apr 27, 2009 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
Not only do these recipes not sound appetizing, but I just can't get into the idea of using so many canned, frozen, and pre-mixed ingredients. I like watching her show, but I don't think I'll ever cook like her.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
We found a lot of the meals in this book to be tasty- most were "winners". As for the "20 minute" claim, I think it would be truee if you followed the pre-made ingredient list. We tend to like fresh stuff, so we still chopped our own veggies ir used fresh instead of canned or frozen ingredients.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2009 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked the first version of her 20 min. meals. This one wasn't as good. We didn't enjoy the recipes we tried and ended up giving this one away. Stick with the original.
Carol
Apr 22, 2008 Carol rated it liked it
Haven't had a chance to try many of the recipes yet, but os far so good
Chris
Jan 26, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
A handfull of recipes in this book have become family favorites. The pasta alla vodka is the best I've had.
Jami
Dec 31, 2007 Jami rated it liked it
Shelves: health, how-to, food
The recipes in this book are delicious, but if you are weight-conscious I would recommend a different cookbook. A lot of her meals in this book are heavy and high in calories and fat.
Kathy
Kathy rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2009
Lisa
Lisa rated it it was amazing
Feb 22, 2009
Rhana Williams
Rhana Williams rated it it was amazing
May 12, 2015
Tricia
Tricia rated it it was amazing
May 23, 2008
Tara
Tara rated it liked it
Nov 25, 2009
Sheila Cottrill
Sheila Cottrill rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Faith Moore
Faith Moore rated it really liked it
Oct 31, 2016
Marian
Marian rated it really liked it
Mar 02, 2008
Susan R.
Susan R. rated it liked it
Jan 14, 2010
Elizabeth Tugie
Elizabeth Tugie rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Arlene Morris
Arlene Morris rated it it was amazing
Aug 16, 2015
Diana
Diana rated it really liked it
Jul 27, 2011
Vicki
Vicki rated it it was ok
Sep 22, 2009
Margaret Longstreet
Margaret Longstreet rated it did not like it
Apr 07, 2010
Amanda
Amanda rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2014
Laura rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2014
Anne Davis
Anne Davis rated it really liked it
Jul 19, 2009
Debra
Debra rated it it was amazing
Feb 06, 2010
Santi
Santi rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
Emily
Emily rated it did not like it
Jul 15, 2012
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • Eating: A memoir
  • The Dinner Doctor
  • The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Nourishing Meals That Are Easy on the Budget and a Snap to Prepare
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads & Extras
  • Easy Chinese Recipes: Family Favorites From Dim Sum to Kung Pao
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah's Favorite Recipes
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round
  • The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook: A Master Baker's 300 Favorite Recipes for Perfect-Every-Time Bread-From Every Kind of Machine
  • I'd Rather Laugh: How to be Happy Even When Life Has Other Plans forYou