Start by marking “Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals” as Want to Read:
Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals

Semi-Homemade: 20-Minute Meals

New York Times best-selling author Sandra Lee is back with more fast and fabulous family-friendly recipe. Sandra brings her Semi-Homemade cooking approach of 70 percent store-bought, 30 percent homemade to create super-quick meals in 20-minutes or less--from start to finish. Irresistible recipes for main dishes, sides, appetizers, desserts and more are included along with ...more
Published October 1st 2006 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Semi-Homemade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Semi-Homemade

Katherine Petersdorf
*This Book was Read at Library, Not Purchased on Amazon*

I love books like this. Being a college student and a business owner / author - I don't always have time to make things from scratch. Semi-Homemade works for me because it is fast, simple, affordable, and easy. I love Sandra Lee, I watch her shows all the time and she really inspires me to want to blog and write about solutions for the busy woman, wife, and/or mother.

Normally, I would give a book like this a 5 star rating, because I loved
Samantha Penrose
May 02, 2008 Samantha Penrose rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
She's got the time to write all these books, but she hasn't got the time to make an actual homemade meal!
She must make aaaa llllllooooooottttttt of money on endorsements -- each and every recipe's ingredients list tells you what brand you must use...
This semi-homemade style of cooking is not very "earth friendly" either! When you cook from scratch you will find that you have very little to throw away....when you crack open a tv dinner you have a box and a tray, when you make a semi-homeade meal
Tara Carpenter
Aug 01, 2008 Tara Carpenter rated it really liked it
Shelves: cookbooks
We liked most of the recipes we tried from the first Semi-Homemade cookbook. And they are pretty fast, even if you don't use the store-bought ingredients called for. It only takes a little more time to chop your own garlic or saute chicken breast chunks.

Our favorite recipe was Chicken with Peanut Curry Sauce and I really liked the Broiled Salmon with Pesto Mayonnaise, which was soooo easy.

I will definitely check out another of her 20-Minute Meals at the library - maybe the crockpot one next. I e
Melissa
Oct 05, 2009 Melissa rated it liked it
We found a lot of the meals in this book to be tasty- most were "winners". As for the "20 minute" claim, I think it would be truee if you followed the pre-made ingredient list. We tend to like fresh stuff, so we still chopped our own veggies ir used fresh instead of canned or frozen ingredients.
Apr 27, 2009 Sarah rated it did not like it
Shelves: cookbooks
Not only do these recipes not sound appetizing, but I just can't get into the idea of using so many canned, frozen, and pre-mixed ingredients. I like watching her show, but I don't think I'll ever cook like her.
Jami
Dec 31, 2007 Jami rated it liked it
Shelves: health, how-to, food
The recipes in this book are delicious, but if you are weight-conscious I would recommend a different cookbook. A lot of her meals in this book are heavy and high in calories and fat.
Melissa
Oct 05, 2009 Melissa rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Liked the first version of her 20 min. meals. This one wasn't as good. We didn't enjoy the recipes we tried and ended up giving this one away. Stick with the original.
Chris
Jan 26, 2012 Chris rated it really liked it
A handfull of recipes in this book have become family favorites. The pasta alla vodka is the best I've had.
Carol
May 24, 2008 Carol rated it liked it
Haven't had a chance to try many of the recipes yet, but os far so good
Gayle Kee
Feb 14, 2012 Gayle Kee rated it it was amazing
wonderful. lots of great recipes
Santi
Santi rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2016
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2016
Kammiesue
Kammiesue marked it as to-read
Aug 17, 2016
S.L. Griggs
S.L. Griggs rated it it was amazing
Jul 15, 2016
Herminio Salinas
Herminio Salinas rated it it was amazing
Jun 10, 2016
cecily weinberger
cecily weinberger rated it liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Erica Barker
Erica Barker rated it it was amazing
Mar 17, 2016
Timmy Grisaffi
Timmy Grisaffi rated it it was amazing
Mar 15, 2016
Louise
Louise marked it as to-read
Mar 03, 2016
Rebecca Lavelle
Rebecca Lavelle marked it as to-read
Rebecca Lavelle
Rebecca Lavelle marked it as to-read
Feb 19, 2016
Laura rated it it was ok
Terquoise
Terquoise marked it as to-read
Feb 03, 2016
Denise Toibes
Denise Toibes marked it as to-read
Jan 29, 2016
Wendy  Wilson
Wendy Wilson rated it did not like it
Jan 28, 2016
Krissy Linton
Krissy Linton rated it it was amazing
Jan 19, 2016
Tiffany
Tiffany rated it really liked it
Nov 28, 2015
  • Tyler Florence Fresh
  • Chez Panisse Menu Cookbook
  • Eating: A memoir
  • The Dinner Doctor
  • The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbook: 200 Recipes for Quick, Delicious, and Nourishing Meals That Are Easy on the Budget and a Snap to Prepare
  • Moosewood Restaurant Daily Special: More Than 275 Recipes for Soups, Stews, Salads & Extras
  • Easy Chinese Recipes: Family Favorites From Dim Sum to Kung Pao
  • America's Most Wanted Recipes: Delicious Recipes from Your Family's Favorite Restaurants
  • What Einstein Kept Under His Hat: Secrets of Science in the Kitchen
  • Power Foods: 150 Delicious Recipes with the 38 Healthiest Ingredients
  • Best Recipes from the Backs of Boxes, Bottles, Cans, and Jars
  • In the Kitchen with Rosie: Oprah's Favorite Recipes
  • Fix-It and Forget-It Recipes for Entertaining: Slow Cooker Favorites for All the Year Round
  • Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook: A Master Baker's 300 Favorite Recipes for Perfect-Every-Time Bread-From Every Kind of Machine