Start by marking “Judgment Day (Mike Daley, #6)” as Want to Read:
Judgment Day (Mike Daley, #6)

Judgment Day (Mike Daley Mystery #6)

4.05  ·  Rating Details  ·  498 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
New York Times best-selling author Sheldon Siegel returns with a dramatic new case for the San Francisco law firm of Daley and Fernandez. As husband and wife, Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez couldn't make it work. Luckily for Bay Area criminals, they didn't let that stop them from joining forces to open San Francisco's most tenacious law firm. As defense attorneys willing t ...more
Published June 24th 2008 by MacAdam Cage (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Judgment Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judgment Day

Monnie
Aug 19, 2014 Monnie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'm on a roll, with just one more book left in the seven-book series featuring former spouses Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez, who have continued to work together in their law firm. In this one, the 6th, the couple are called in for a Hail Mary attempt to get a stay of execution for a former lawyer who was convicted of murdering three people in Chinatown some 10 years ago.

Because he earned his stripes successfully defending shady characters and mobsters, he's never been a candidate for the San F
Ted
Mar 18, 2016 Ted rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the book because I enjoy reading about characters that mature over time. The relationships of partners, parents and children, aging parents, siblings, and in-laws add so much to the story lines.

This book begins with an attorney who has been on death row for the past ten years and is wating to be executed in two weeks. Mike and Rosie have reservations about taking the case. They struggle to uncover new evidence that will get a stay of execution. In a last ditch effort at a final hearin
Tiffany
Jul 12, 2008 Tiffany rated it liked it
I really enjoy Siegel because his legal novels ring true. There's no Grisham chase scenes or Perry Mason moments.
Beverly Mccollum
Sep 17, 2015 Beverly Mccollum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have thoroughly enjoyed this entire series of legal mysteries -this is book 6- and this one definitely didn't disappoint. When I discovered the main plot point was a frantic look at the final few hectic days of a death penalty case appeal --I wasn't certain I'd enjoy it as much as previous works. But I was wrong- it kept my interest from the onset and moved at a truly breakneck pace. And all the while the characters we've come to know so well were absolutely in tune with the story. Easy read. ...more
Jim
May 06, 2015 Jim rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Another fantastic winner for author Sheldon Siegel for "Judgment Day", the sixth Daley/ Fernandez outing in his series. (Somehow I skipped the fifth book in series). This time out Mike Daley and Ex-Wife and law partner Rosie Fernandez agree to take on a death penalty appeal that has only few precious days to win. One time mob lawyer and heavy duty underworld lawyer Nate "The Great" Fineman is at the end of the road. Fineman's current lawyer dies with just days before Fineman's execution. Nate ha ...more
LJ
First Sentence: The oldest man on death row is eyeing me from his wheelchair.

Attorney Mike Daley and Rosie, in spite of a promise to his ex-wife and law partner, takes on a death-row appeals case. Former powerhouse-attorney Nate Fineman, is due to die in 8 days. He was convicted of killing three men in a Chinatown restaurant shooting, but claims he is innocent and the gun was planted by the police. Now Mike has not only to prove Nate’s innocence, but find identify the killer in order to prevent
Jim Fromm
Apr 06, 2014 Jim Fromm rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have become hopelessly fan.

Another great legal thriller. This is my second Sheldon Siegel book. I love the colorful characters, the complications, the honesty, and the overall facetious attitude of Dailey. As as ex seminarian who studied law and whose dad was a construction worker and a bartender, I understand identify with the work ethic, character, self doubt, and dogged determination of Dailey and Fernandez. I'm going to do it again.
Nfloodtularosa.net
The plot was good and so were the characters. It

I am giving this a 3 only because there seemed to be a lot of parts that plodded along. I realize that this is may be a more realistic portrayal of the progress of a case. The plot was good and so were the characters. It is still well worth reading. I just enjoy a book more when it moves at a faster clip.
Pamela Belknap
Jul 06, 2015 Pamela Belknap rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A hair-raising ride!

This was one of the best Siegel books yet! I always look forward to visiting once again with all the usual cast of characters. I always tell myself that I'm not going to get the next book right away, as I usually have a book club book to read, but then I always cave and buy the next one!
Ron
Feb 10, 2015 Ron rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sixth in Sheldon Siegel's seven book mystery series featuring Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez, "Judgment Day" deals with the race to save from execution a wrongly accused San Francisco attorney. Full of hectic last minute investigations and legal maneuvering the story hold your attention right up to the finish. One more to go.
Elva L Beacham
May 05, 2015 Elva L Beacham rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just as finely crafted and intriguing as the first. Great read!

Fast paced and MUST KEEP READING TO THE END kind of book. I don't often find book series that carry the same strength and interest from one to another, but these surely do. I hope Mike and Rosie "live long and prosper".
Smoochys
It's ok

I've read a few books in this series. The Confession is the best. This one is okay, but there was just too much of Mike's internal dialogue to read through. I felt like I was sitting through an episode of House of Cards. The mystery was so-so, but for .99 you can't ask for too much.
Sambasivan
May 16, 2015 Sambasivan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the type of story where you know the ending before you start reading. Still the ability of the author to sustain interest through terse narrative is commendable. Straightforward plot with race against time to save the convict from death. Four stars for the clarity of storytelling.
deryl taylor
Apr 07, 2014 deryl taylor rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Superb reading

I'm getting addicted to Sheldon Siegel books. So far this is the third book. I absolutely recommend books by this author. The suspense of this story was like a cliffhanger, wondering how counselor Daley wins.
James R Murray
Mar 05, 2016 James R Murray rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderfully Captivating

Loved them all and highly recommend reading them in sequence. Completely captivated by the City used as background to very interesting characters for this Lincoln grad.
RH
Sep 09, 2014 RH rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good Reading

Enjoyed the easy reading. Somewhat predictable but entertaining. Repeat of characters gets old but needed if others have not read first books. I like the flow of the chapters.
Dawn
Aug 01, 2008 Dawn rated it liked it
This is maybe the fifth or sixth book in a series about an ex-husband and wife who practice criminal law together. I started reading the series about 5 years ago when I was taking a trip to San Francisco and wanted to read a book that took place in that city. I've read each of the books in the series, and haven't been disappointed with any of them. They're pretty easy reading, and good filler when you just want to read something that you don't have to think too much about. The characters are lik ...more
Laurie P. Dilllard
Judgement day

Love SheLdon Siegel stories, started reading them when one was free. Try as I might, I can never figure the twist to the story. Good thrillers, I recommend to all.
Al Menaster
This was pretty good, though Siegel's earliest books are his best. Way too much of this was the characters flailing around and failing. I realize this is actually realistic, but it didn't make good pacing. And the ending was out of the blue, deus ex machina. Still, well written, easy to read.
Linda A. Cox
Feb 10, 2015 Linda A. Cox rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good work

I would recommend this book to anyone because it keeps your interest though out and is morally right. Thank you.
Karen Murphy
Feb 29, 2016 Karen Murphy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, fast-paced.
Jim
Apr 30, 2016 Jim rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This series makes for fairly light reading (I typically read it while I'm on the elliptical at the gym) and rarely deviates from the formula established in the first book. So it feels a little repetitive and predictable at times but it is not badly written and is engaging enough to keep me on track to finish the series.
Alan Zabel
All the books of Sheldon Siegel's Michael Daly/Rosie Fernandez series have been enjoyable. This one seemed a little plodding and not so engaging at the start. But it made up for it with excellent courtroom scenes rushing to the satisfying conclusion. A good legal thriller for fans of that genre.
Linda
Nov 21, 2015 Linda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Daley and Fernandez are on a dead line to have an execution stayed 8 days before its scheduled to happen. All the twist and turns are riveting. I will not give you anymore to spoil it, but i will say it was a page turner.
Deb Mj
Nov 24, 2011 Deb Mj rated it really liked it
Fairly predictable but still a great read. I really enjoy the Mike Daley character and especially how Siegel shows us what Daley is thinking as opposed to what he's actually saying.
Jacquie Shipma
Jul 02, 2008 Jacquie Shipma rated it really liked it
I love this series -- the characters, Mike and Rosie, are very believable, even though the situations they find themselves in, and the sleuthing done by Mike, is not!
Joy
Another lawyer-turned-writer book; good read. I'd probably read one more by this author, but then I'd guess it would turn formulaic...we'll have to see!
LInda L
Mar 05, 2016 LInda L rated it really liked it
My first Sheldon Siegel book, so my first Mike Daley mystery. I loved it -- gulped it down in a short time and I'm looking forward to more.
Erynn
Jan 20, 2011 Erynn rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriging plot and great characters set in always interesting San Francisco.
Megalion
Apr 01, 2016 Megalion rated it it was amazing
Another good Mike & Rosie legal tale.
  • Reasonable Fear (Joe Dillard #4)
  • By Reason of Insanity (David Brunelle Legal Thriller Series Book 3)
  • Enemy in Blue: The Trial (The Cruz Marquez Thrillers - Book 2)
  • Murder Among Friends (Kate Austen, #2)
  • Blowback (Nameless Detective, #4)
  • No Time To Die
  • Man In The Middle (Sean Drummond, #6)
  • The Advocate's Dilemma
  • Case of Lies (Nina Reilly #11)
  • New Tricks (Andy Carpenter #7)
  • The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11)
  • The Russian Hill Murders (Sarah Woolson Mystery, #2)
Sheldon Siegel (born July 14, 1958) is an American novelist and author best known for his works of modern legal drama.

Siegel was born on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. He attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, and later went on to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as an Accounting major. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Boalt Hall at the University of
More about Sheldon Siegel...

Mike Daley Mystery (7 books)
  • Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Legal Thriller Book 1)
  • Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2)
  • Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3)
  • Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4)
  • The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)
  • Perfect Alibi (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #7)

“me if you knew something, but you couldn’t” 0 likes