Judgment Day (Mike Daley, #6)

Judgment Day (Mike Daley Mystery #6)

3.93 of 5 stars 3.93  ·  rating details  ·  122 ratings  ·  10 reviews
New York Times best-selling author Sheldon Siegel returns with a dramatic new case for the San Francisco law firm of Daley and Fernandez. As husband and wife, Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez couldn't make it work. Luckily for Bay Area criminals, they didn't let that stop them from joining forces to open San Francisco's most tenacious law firm. As defense attorneys willing t...more
Published June 24th 2008 by Macadam Cage Pub (first published 2008)

Tiffany
I really enjoy Siegel because his legal novels ring true. There's no Grisham chase scenes or Perry Mason moments.
LJ
First Sentence: The oldest man on death row is eyeing me from his wheelchair.

Attorney Mike Daley and Rosie, in spite of a promise to his ex-wife and law partner, takes on a death-row appeals case. Former powerhouse-attorney Nate Fineman, is due to die in 8 days. He was convicted of killing three men in a Chinatown restaurant shooting, but claims he is innocent and the gun was planted by the police. Now Mike has not only to prove Nate’s innocence, but find identify the killer in order to prevent...more
Jim Fromm
I have become hopelessly fan.

Another great legal thriller. This is my second Sheldon Siegel book. I love the colorful characters, the complications, the honesty, and the overall facetious attitude of Dailey. As as ex seminarian who studied law and whose dad was a construction worker and a bartender, I understand identify with the work ethic, character, self doubt, and dogged determination of Dailey and Fernandez. I'm going to do it again.
deryl taylor
Superb reading

I'm getting addicted to Sheldon Siegel books. So far this is the third book. I absolutely recommend books by this author. The suspense of this story was like a cliffhanger, wondering how counselor Daley wins.
Dawn
This is maybe the fifth or sixth book in a series about an ex-husband and wife who practice criminal law together. I started reading the series about 5 years ago when I was taking a trip to San Francisco and wanted to read a book that took place in that city. I've read each of the books in the series, and haven't been disappointed with any of them. They're pretty easy reading, and good filler when you just want to read something that you don't have to think too much about. The characters are lik...more
Linda
Daley and Fernandez are on a dead line to have an execution stayed 8 days before its scheduled to happen. All the twist and turns are riveting. I will not give you anymore to spoil it, but i will say it was a page turner.
Deb Mjaatvedt
Fairly predictable but still a great read. I really enjoy the Mike Daley character and especially how Siegel shows us what Daley is thinking as opposed to what he's actually saying.
Jacquie Shipma
I love this series -- the characters, Mike and Rosie, are very believable, even though the situations they find themselves in, and the sleuthing done by Mike, is not!
Joy
Another lawyer-turned-writer book; good read. I'd probably read one more by this author, but then I'd guess it would turn formulaic...we'll have to see!
Erynn
Intriging plot and great characters set in always interesting San Francisco.
Hapzydeco
Great story line. Hard to put down.
Jody Ryan
Jody Ryan marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2014
Nick Ball
Nick Ball marked it as to-read
Jul 10, 2014
Joan
Joan added it
Jun 09, 2014
Andrea
Andrea marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
William McNelis
William McNelis marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sheldon Siegel (born July 14, 1958) is an American novelist and author best known for his works of modern legal drama.

Siegel was born on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. He attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, and later went on to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as an Accounting major. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Boalt Hall at the University of...more
More about Sheldon Siegel...
Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, Book 1) Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2) Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3) Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4) The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5)