Start by marking “Judgment Day (Mike Daley, #6)” as Want to Read:
Judgment Day (Mike Daley, #6)

Judgment Day (Mike Daley Mystery #6)

4.03 of 5 stars 4.03  ·  rating details  ·  207 ratings  ·  14 reviews
New York Times best-selling author Sheldon Siegel returns with a dramatic new case for the San Francisco law firm of Daley and Fernandez. As husband and wife, Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez couldn't make it work. Luckily for Bay Area criminals, they didn't let that stop them from joining forces to open San Francisco's most tenacious law firm. As defense attorneys willing t ...more
Published June 24th 2008 by Macadam Cage Pub (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Judgment Day, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judgment Day

Monnie
I'm on a roll, with just one more book left in the seven-book series featuring former spouses Mike Daley and Rosie Fernandez, who have continued to work together in their law firm. In this one, the 6th, the couple are called in for a Hail Mary attempt to get a stay of execution for a former lawyer who was convicted of murdering three people in Chinatown some 10 years ago.

Because he earned his stripes successfully defending shady characters and mobsters, he's never been a candidate for the San F
Tiffany
I really enjoy Siegel because his legal novels ring true. There's no Grisham chase scenes or Perry Mason moments.
LJ
First Sentence: The oldest man on death row is eyeing me from his wheelchair.

Attorney Mike Daley and Rosie, in spite of a promise to his ex-wife and law partner, takes on a death-row appeals case. Former powerhouse-attorney Nate Fineman, is due to die in 8 days. He was convicted of killing three men in a Chinatown restaurant shooting, but claims he is innocent and the gun was planted by the police. Now Mike has not only to prove Nate’s innocence, but find identify the killer in order to prevent
Jim Fromm
I have become hopelessly fan.

Another great legal thriller. This is my second Sheldon Siegel book. I love the colorful characters, the complications, the honesty, and the overall facetious attitude of Dailey. As as ex seminarian who studied law and whose dad was a construction worker and a bartender, I understand identify with the work ethic, character, self doubt, and dogged determination of Dailey and Fernandez. I'm going to do it again.
Smoochys
It's ok

I've read a few books in this series. The Confession is the best. This one is okay, but there was just too much of Mike's internal dialogue to read through. I felt like I was sitting through an episode of House of Cards. The mystery was so-so, but for .99 you can't ask for too much.
deryl taylor
Superb reading

I'm getting addicted to Sheldon Siegel books. So far this is the third book. I absolutely recommend books by this author. The suspense of this story was like a cliffhanger, wondering how counselor Daley wins.
RH
Good Reading

Enjoyed the easy reading. Somewhat predictable but entertaining. Repeat of characters gets old but needed if others have not read first books. I like the flow of the chapters.
Dawn
This is maybe the fifth or sixth book in a series about an ex-husband and wife who practice criminal law together. I started reading the series about 5 years ago when I was taking a trip to San Francisco and wanted to read a book that took place in that city. I've read each of the books in the series, and haven't been disappointed with any of them. They're pretty easy reading, and good filler when you just want to read something that you don't have to think too much about. The characters are lik ...more
Linda
Daley and Fernandez are on a dead line to have an execution stayed 8 days before its scheduled to happen. All the twist and turns are riveting. I will not give you anymore to spoil it, but i will say it was a page turner.
Deb Mj
Fairly predictable but still a great read. I really enjoy the Mike Daley character and especially how Siegel shows us what Daley is thinking as opposed to what he's actually saying.
Jacquie Shipma
I love this series -- the characters, Mike and Rosie, are very believable, even though the situations they find themselves in, and the sleuthing done by Mike, is not!
Joy
Another lawyer-turned-writer book; good read. I'd probably read one more by this author, but then I'd guess it would turn formulaic...we'll have to see!
Erynn
Intriging plot and great characters set in always interesting San Francisco.
Hapzydeco
Great story line. Hard to put down.
Ellyn
Ellyn marked it as to-read
Dec 25, 2014
Helen Calles
Helen Calles marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Cynthia
Cynthia marked it as to-read
Dec 15, 2014
Tina
Tina marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
fnadoc
fnadoc marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
peggy gordon
peggy gordon marked it as to-read
Dec 10, 2014
LeAnn D
LeAnn D is currently reading it
Dec 18, 2014
Don Sinquefield
Don Sinquefield is currently reading it
Dec 09, 2014
Mary
Mary marked it as to-read
Dec 07, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • Presumption of Innocence (David Brunelle Legal Thriller #1)
  • The Motive (Dismas Hardy #11)
  • The Vanished (Nameless Detective, #2)
  • Murder Among Friends (Kate Austen, #2)
  • Reasonable Fear
  • No Time To Run
  • New Tricks
  • To Speak for the Dead (Jake Lassiter, #1)
  • Mortal Allies (Sean Drummond, #2)
  • Death Turns a Trick (Rebecca Schwartz, #1)
  • The Russian Hill Murders (Sarah Woolson Mystery, #2)
  • Bodily Harm (David Sloane, #3)
  • The Trail to Buddha's Mirror (Neal Carey, #2)
  • Alley Kat Blues (Kat Colorado, #6)
  • Dreams of the Dead (Nina Reilly, #13)
  • House Rules (Joe DeMarco, #3)
Sheldon Siegel (born July 14, 1958) is an American novelist and author best known for his works of modern legal drama.

Siegel was born on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. He attended New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois, and later went on to attend the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign as an Accounting major. He graduated with a Juris Doctor from Boalt Hall at the University of
More about Sheldon Siegel...
Special Circumstances (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, Book 1) Incriminating Evidence (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #2) Final Verdict (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #4) The Confession  (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #5) Criminal Intent (Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez Mystery, #3)

“me if you knew something, but you couldn’t” 0 likes