Start by marking “The Closer I Get to You” as Want to Read:
The Closer I Get to You

The Closer I Get to You (Cochran/Deveraux #8)

4.55 of 5 stars 4.55  ·  rating details  ·  106 ratings  ·  8 reviews
This is a continuation of the Deveraux and Cochran series. Paris and Titus are meant to be but they have a lot of obstacles to face
Published April 1st 2006 by Kimani Press

Friends and Lovers by Eric Jerome DickeyThe Other Woman by Eric Jerome DickeyUnfinished Business by Brenda JacksonTorn Between Two Lovers by Carl WeberLiving Large by Rochelle Alers
African American Romance
23rd out of 68 books — 56 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesThe Riding School by C.P. MandaraHearts in Darkness by Laura KayeBared to You by Sylvia Day
A Few Favorites
335th out of 431 books — 197 voters

More lists with this book...

Jazzypom
Aug 11, 2008 Jazzypom rated it 2 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: people who like overly sweet aa romance
This book went on 100 pages too long.

Paris and Titus have known each other for a while now, through her family connections, shared events, and just time. Paris has a yen for Titus, but Titus is really distant, and has his own reasons for not getting involved. Through various incidents, Titus' resolve is tested and he does a REO Speedwagon and can't fight this feeling any more (in a nutshell).

On the face of the book, via the blurb, I thought the story would be relatively straight forward. If the...more
Paula
I just loved this book. Melanie Schuster has never disappointed me. The youngest of the Devereaux female cousins is always matchmaking and meddling. Finally she has a chance to be with her true love. Paris makes self improvements for herself not for anyone else. In doing so, she sweetens the pot for protective lover Titus. I loved this story and encourage you to read the whole Devereaux-Cochran Series and share in the love, passion, heat and stuggles between the families !!
D.lee
As with all Ms Schusters books, I loved this book. I have been waiting for Paris and Titus' story for a long time and it was definitely worth the wait. As was expected being the man that he is Titus got in deeper than he expected and let his mouth get him in trouble. Even though everybody sees Paris as an innocent sweetheart, she lets Titus know she is not a whimp. I thought Paris' added adventure was a nice twist and I'm glad the questions about Titus' heritage were answered. I can't wait to re...more
Shawnette
Sweet Read

I enjoyed this novel. I like Melanie Schuster's writting style. Enjoyed the romance between Titus and Paris. And also enjoyed the closeness of all her family and friends. She definitely was a loved, young woman. And once Titus realized that he loved her the story couldn't get any better. I mean the brother definitely put his foot in his mouth, but in the end, he redeemed himself beautifully with the help of Trey!
Annette Jenkins
This was a fantastic book to read. I love the fact the Titus didn't care about Paris's body type. He's a big man and like he said "he needs something to hold on to." I love the flow of the book and ms. schuster is one of my favorite romance authors. Pick the book up I promise you will not put it down until you read the entire thing. I read this book within 4 1/2 hours. I wanted to know what was gonna happen on the next page.
Antoinette the Book Junkie
Titus and Paris was a way that love should blossom and grew over time. Age again becomes an issue for one and that makes for an interesting first encounter.

This romance encompasses a little suspense and some drama also. But being a romance the love wins in the end.
Lanetta Dickens
The book was pretty long, but good
Deborah Sudduth
Great book! I love the characters!
Carmen
Carmen marked it as to-read
Oct 13, 2014
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Oct 06, 2014
Briana
Briana marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Laura Sanders
Laura Sanders marked it as to-read
Sep 23, 2014
Tashanna Hunter
Tashanna Hunter marked it as to-read
Sep 15, 2014
My Info
My Info marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Melissa Moore
Melissa Moore marked it as to-read
Aug 25, 2014
Jennifer Chandler
Jennifer Chandler marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2014
Vikki Sloan
Vikki Sloan marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Tammy Brown
Tammy Brown marked it as to-read
Aug 06, 2014
Kim Dw
Kim Dw marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2014
Francine Weekes
Francine Weekes marked it as to-read
Jul 31, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Janet Thomas
Janet Thomas marked it as to-read
Jul 26, 2014
Valerie Malone
Valerie Malone marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2014
Erika Davis
Erika Davis marked it as to-read
Jul 03, 2014
Kenya
Kenya marked it as to-read
Jun 25, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Until The End of Time Lucky In Love My One and Only Love Let It Be Me A Merry Little Christmas