Start by marking “The Leftovers (The Dead World Series)” as Want to Read:
The Leftovers (The Dead World Series)

The Leftovers (The Dead World Series)

A world without hunger… this was the objective. Enter Project Fed—the governments solution to this problem. What began as the initiative to distribute genetically modified fruits and vegetables, beginning in undisclosed urban areas of California, led to the end of the world as we knew it. It took four months for cities to crumble and lives to be dramatically altered; but ...more
Published April 23rd 2014

To ask other readers questions about The Leftovers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Leftovers

Paulo "paper books always" Carvalho
So what we've got here is another variation of Zombies. In this case they talked and supposedly they were created by the government as Project Fed. This interconnected tales shows us of how things started without giving much information, mayhaps for the main book. There are some cool ideas here that make me wonder what happens next but there are some other things that make me back away. First, there are some errors. I am not an English native speaking but even I was at lost with some words or ...more
Yodamom
May 15, 2014 Yodamom rated it really liked it
Shelves: zombies
GMO foods, the Government says they are safe so you just fed them to your family. Nice fresh veggies, so sweet, nutritious and deadly. That meal will have devastating results to everyone who comes in your vicinity. Yes, the Feds they have a new special method of growing your food and you trusted them. Now you only want to eat your neighbor and her poodle, not cool.
This book is the story of many of these people who ate the food. How they came to be in the unending hunger they are suffering. We f
Lisa Miller Chandler
May 27, 2014 Lisa Miller Chandler rated it really liked it
This book is one if the most undeniable gross books I have read. Friends are visiting a new town, hooking up with women, then getting eaten by other humans the next day. Quite a turn of events I'd say. Disturbingly descriptive! I liked it.

The story was perfect for someone looking for a short read that they would not have to committ years to waiting on the next book, the next book, etc. I thoroughly enjoyed the realistic excitement and energy burst in this short story. I'm not saying there aren'
Heather Duff
Heather Duff rated it it was ok
Sep 03, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Jerry
Jerry rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2016
Amy
Amy rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2014
Phillip Mangieri
Phillip Mangieri rated it it was ok
Oct 14, 2014
Rabenfrau (Molls)
Rabenfrau (Molls) rated it liked it
Aug 04, 2014
Morgen Buck
Morgen Buck marked it as to-read
May 28, 2014
A
A marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
Bailey
Bailey marked it as to-read
Inti
Inti marked it as to-read
camden
camden marked it as to-read
Candice Willman
Candice Willman marked it as to-read
May 31, 2014
Allison
Allison marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2014
Brie
Brie marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Andie
Andie marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2014
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Justin Renquist
Justin Renquist marked it as to-read
Jun 09, 2014
Theresa Veldman
Theresa Veldman marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2014
Lydia Johnson
Lydia Johnson marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Annmarie
Annmarie marked it as to-read
Jun 19, 2014
Johnny
Johnny marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Terrye M. Bailey
Terrye M. Bailey marked it as to-read
Oct 27, 2014
Renee
Renee marked it as to-read
Oct 19, 2015
Mandy
Mandy marked it as to-read
Feb 14, 2016