Start by marking “Everyday Chinese Cooking: Quick and Delicious Recipes from the Leeann Chin Restaurants” as Want to Read:

3.25 of 5 stars 3.25  ·  rating details  ·  12 ratings  ·  3 reviews
"There are too many exotic ingredients." . . . "What about all that preparation?" . . . "I don't want to buy special equipment." . . . Acclaimed restaurateur Leeann Chin and her daughter Katie have heard all the excuses before, and in response they present their collection of delicious, simple recipes that will make any cook feel like a gourmet Chinese chef. Everyday Chine ...more
Published October 3rd 2000 by Clarkson Potter

To ask other readers questions about Everyday Chinese Cooking, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Everyday Chinese Cooking

Corinna
Exactly as advertised. The ingredients are similar across recipes, so once you've stocked your pantry with the basics (sugar, salt, cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, chili sauce), you can make pretty much anything in the book. Substitute meats and vegetables as you will; in my experience, the recipes are very forgiving. Best of all, these are quick to prepare and most involve no more than one pot or pan, so clean-up is also a breeze.
angrykitty
there are few pictures which really upsets me in a cookbook....hence the 3 stars.....anyway....if you follow any one of the chicken recipes....fried that is.....you will get totally take-out quality chicken.
April (The Steadfast Reader)
For a long time this was one of my favorite cookbooks. I especially like the black-bean zucchini stir-fry... there may be chicken in it too... I'm not getting up to get the exact title. :)
Jon
Jon marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
René Scheinoha
René Scheinoha marked it as to-read
Jan 09, 2015
Dmyers
Dmyers marked it as to-read
Nov 07, 2014
Karla Kg
Karla Kg marked it as to-read
Feb 04, 2014
Inbox.jeffgmail.com
Inbox.jeffgmail.com marked it as to-read
Jun 08, 2013
Justin Given
Justin Given marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2013
Sharon
Sharon marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2012
Stacie
Stacie marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Kamran
Kamran added it
Sep 21, 2010
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Jan 06, 2010
Grace Wing-Yuan
Grace Wing-Yuan marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2008