Start by marking “Hollywood Blood (Hollywood Alphabet, #2)” as Want to Read:
Hollywood Blood (Hollywood Alphabet, #2)

Hollywood Blood (Hollywood Alphabet Series Thrillers #2)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating Details ·  454 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
LAPD Detective Kate Sexton and her canine partner, Bernie, return in this edge-of-your-seat thriller with laugh-out-loud humor. Hollywood Blood is the second book in the Hollywood Alphabet Series Thrillers.

If you think you’ve got problems, meet LAPD cop, Kate Sexton. She’s just been promoted to the department’s elite Robbery Homicide Division, along with her canine partne
Published April 30th 2014 by Kingston Roads Press, L.L.C.

Autumn
Jun 25, 2014 Autumn rated it it was amazing
Another great story of Det. Kate Sexton and her horny dog Bernie. I am in love with this series, it truly keeps me enthralled through every page. This one had me believing I knew the identity of crazy Myra, but boy was I wrong. I'm heading over to Amazon to pick up book 3 right now!
Pat Byrnes
Aug 01, 2014 Pat Byrnes rated it it was amazing
Hollywood Blood has the Alphabet Series in high gear as Kate and the gang attempt to solve a string of murders that surround a famous singer. Someone is seeking revenge, but will they obtain their goal, you’ll have to read to find out.

With MZ’s background in law enforcement, you feel like you’re walking with Detective Kate Sexton as she tracks the clues to find the bad guy. MZ has thrown in a good amount of humor with ex-Brit Natalie with her quirkiness and Mo the ex-pimp as the Sister Snoops tr
Susan
Sep 08, 2014 Susan rated it really liked it
Better than Book 1!!

These books are getting better and better. Think Stephanie Plum but with a lot more sense but still with the crazy friends. Can't wait to read book 3 when our heroine moves in with her crazy English friend....an ex pump...and a transvestite and his/her grandmother. it's going to be a hoot!
Carol
Nov 22, 2016 Carol rated it it was amazing
Simply a Fantastic Read

I enjoyed the sometimes twisted characters as well as the adventuresome storyline that carries you along it's always enjoyable ride.
I am on a quest to read all the Hollywood Alphabet Series by Christmas as I have only just discovered these little jewels!
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!!
Wes baron
Sep 12, 2016 Wes baron rated it really liked it
A really fun read. Funny, suspenseful, interesting characters. Kept me both laughing and guessing along the way. A heroic cop and dog and a villain worthy of criminal minds. Looking forward to more in the series.
Quillracer
Oct 26, 2014 Quillracer rated it it was ok
I liked the first book in this series but wasn’t as impressed by this one.

It’s a serial killer novel, which automatically lowered its rating in my book. Every mystery writer seems to be driven to write at least one, and they as a whole become somewhat tedious after a while. They only vary in the manner the killer executes his or her victims or the level of gore the writer pours onto the page.

Kate Sexton’s friends, Natalie and Mo, were a bit of comic relief in that first book. They’re borderline
Vicky
Aug 10, 2015 Vicky rated it it was amazing
This is my second book of the series. I'm a fan! I already have waiting for me book 3 and 4. I love the main character, Kate Sexton, and her dog, Bernie. It's enjoyable and yet very easy reading. I like to continue reading about characters already introduced in Book 1. I'm assuming they'll be continued in book 3. There are several new characters introduced in this book. We'll see if they are in book 3. This book had murder, intrigue, and suspense. The author has you guessing as to the person ...more
Nancy
May 09, 2015 Nancy rated it did not like it
I wanted to like this book, even with its obvious play on Sue Grafton's Alphabet books, and its attempt to create characters similar to Janet Evanovich's. But the switch in verb tenses was disconcerting from chapter to chapter. The author tried too hard to make the main character flip and glib. I'm not a prude, but there was way too much crudeness without any groundwork being laid for it. And the writers on Criminal Minds do the whole predator, cyber-crime, women turned into disciples and victim ...more
Denise
Dec 11, 2014 Denise rated it it was amazing
'Hollywood Blood' is the second book in what will be a great series. I loved the storyline. There are so many twists and turns that I even said 'holy shit' a couple of times, which is a good thing. The way the story played out was so full of humor, drama, suspense, thrilling scenes and a lot of action. The characters are an assortment of colorful personalities. Kate, as always, is a part of one mess after another. I love her characteristics. I can't wait to read the next book in this series, ...more
Debi
Mar 21, 2015 Debi rated it really liked it
I finished this in a matter of hours. It was a very good book even though I enjoyed the first one better. The mystery was good as were the characters. My only complaint was wondering why the author didn't mention the character of Emily more. She was never discussed at all by the task force involved, just by the characters who are her parents. To me, this is an important piece of the equation that is never discussed and did she live or not?
Black Butterfly
May 14, 2015 Black Butterfly rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: BOOKBUB
I ENJOYED THE STORY AND ALL THE FUNNY CRAZY CHARACTERS AND THE WHO-DONE-IT HAD ME HALF WAY STUMPED FOR AWHILE. THE ROMANCE PART I STILL WONDER JUST WHO SHE IS FINALLY GOING TO END UP WITH. I LIKE QUIRKY AND DIFFERENT BUT ONE THING I DID NOT LIKE WERE HER FANTASY THOUGHTS. I THINK IT THREW THE STORYLINE RYTHUM OFF, FOR ME IT DID.
Elaine
Jan 18, 2016 Elaine rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-chlenge
A tale set in glamorous Hollywood, that involves bloodthirsty cults with a woman, Myra, who is in search of revenge and nothing is prohibited, not even murder!
This character is created in such a way that we feel an icy fear as we read all Myra is capable of doing.
A mystery as well as a well written psychological plot that keeps us reading to discover how it will all end.
Wanda Gossett
Jun 06, 2015 Wanda Gossett rated it really liked it
Entertaining!

I would have given it a 5 if the end had not left me hanging. It was fun to read and I especially liked Schullys getting what was coming to him. I am ready for the next book in the series.
Lisa McDowell
May 25, 2015 Lisa McDowell rated it really liked it
Enjoyed book 2!

Twists and turns with some laughs. I thought more could have been done with her mom in this book. Seems like she was an afterthought.
Looking forward to reading the next book
martin plevinsky
Sep 09, 2015 martin plevinsky rated it it was amazing
Great fun Read

A really fun Read...very likeable....as well as despicable characters abound. Pets bring great joy to their owners. But to a Canine Officer his or her dog is not only a good friend but a partner and a lifesaver as well. The story kindly reflects that....Well done!!!
william clark
May 29, 2015 william clark rated it it was amazing
Captivating

M.Z. Kelly writes stories that hold your attention. This is the second of the series I have read looking forward to more adventures of the super detective Kate great reading.
Liz Wood
Jun 21, 2014 Liz Wood rated it it was amazing
Do read!

Kate and her crew kept me in stitches with the risque humor and the troubles they get into. This book and the others in the Hollywood series are a delight to read...and a good mystery too.
Gail
Oct 13, 2015 Gail rated it it was amazing
Good book

Great murder mystery with a cast of characters that are straight out of "Animal House". I loved the whole book and I am looking forward to reading another in this series. Great job, author!
Wendy
Apr 23, 2016 Wendy rated it it was amazing
Giggles Alert!!

Another successful ride with Kate and Company! Once again this author has delivered a delightful book with the cast of crazies tearing up Hollywood and solving the mysteries that came her way. Definitely recommend by this reader.
Geralyn
Apr 24, 2015 Geralyn rated it it was amazing
These books rock

Funny....suspenseful...love them....one of my new favorite authors...can't put down until it is over....awesome...cool beans....you all will love these books...guaranteed...without a doubt
Tulay
Jun 08, 2015 Tulay rated it it was ok
Twenty+ will enjoy this book.

It's not for my age group, don't know short hand text messaging FFF stuff. Never read or interested vampires or devil books, games. Best character in this story is Bernie the dog.
Jackie Holloway
Oct 11, 2015 Jackie Holloway rated it really liked it
Good read

I found this series on book bub and have just recently started it. I like the characters and love that Kate has Bernie with her everywhere she goes. Comical yet suspenseful enough. I didn't know who the bad guy was until almost the end.
Gerald Elkins
Feb 25, 2016 Gerald Elkins rated it it was amazing
Anoter Triller

Kate Sexton, the lady cop that carries the action in Kelly's HOLLYWOOD series grows on you. The entire series is fabulous . Once you start the books, you have to go the next one.
Mary Schildman
Jul 01, 2014 Mary Schildman rated it it was amazing
Hollywood #2

Wow ! Lots of imagination went into this story. An unexpected twist at the end. Lots of action & really great characters, of course, a few little murders and a touch of unexpected romance. Definitely reading book #3...Hollywood Crazy...
Frances L. Ehrig
Dec 16, 2015 Frances L. Ehrig rated it it was amazing
Crazed Fan

An exciting thriller with a most devious killer with many identities. A gripping tale of evil and a heroine with little sense of fear whether dealing with her department superiors or maniacal killers. You won't want to put the book down until you finish the last page.
Joann
Sep 14, 2014 Joann rated it did not like it
Again I disagree with all the 4 and 5 star reviews. Too many people to try and keep track of and I couldn't relate to all the computer stuff they were talking about so gave up. Not a book I would recommend to anyone.
Diane Galburt
Oct 30, 2014 Diane Galburt rated it it was amazing
HOLLYWOOD BLOOD!

Hollywood Blood is fantastic! Everyone needs to read this book! A little kinky was well as fascinating! Mack Kelly never disappoints. His books are all great! Please take my word for it! Sincerely, Diane Galburt
Paul Fussner
Feb 21, 2016 Paul Fussner rated it really liked it
Riveting edge of your seat storyline.

This novel has it all, a fast paced police thriller that will keep you up late wanting more.
This is the third mystery I've read by M.Z. Kelly it won't be the last.
Nannette Thomas
Jul 08, 2015 Nannette Thomas rated it liked it
Crazy

This is an unbelievable crazy story you will have to laugh at, no way could it be a more humorous story
Candice Mckinney
Aug 07, 2015 Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it
Kate Sexton and her canine partner Bernie are back with another case to solve. All of the kooky characters are back with their funny takes on things. Hollywood Blood is better than the first book.
  • Deeper Evil (Evil Secrets Trilogy, #2)
  • Fade to Black (The Black Trilogy, #1)
  • Oath To Defend (Adam Drake #2)
  • Stark Warning
  • The Charter
  • Smoke Screen (Darcy Lynch, #2)
  • Trouble at the Red Pueblo (A Spider Latham Mystery #4)
  • Pandora's Clock
  • Midnight Reflections
  • Hacker For Hire (Ted Higuera Series Book 2)
  • True-Life Adventure (Paul MacDonald, #1)
  • Amáne of Teravinea: The Chosen One (Teravinea #1)
  • Made With Love
  • Between A Rock and A Hard Place (Radical Rock Stars, #2)
  • Marvelous (The Books of Marvella, #1)
  • Next Song I Sing (Next Time Around #1)
  • Letters to My Wife
  • Bells On Her Toes

Hollywood Alphabet Series Thrillers (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Hollywood Assassin (Hollywood Alphabet, #1)
  • Hollywood Crazy (Hollywood Alphabet, #3)
  • Hollywood Dirty (Hollywood Alphabet, #4)
  • Hollywood Enemy (Hollywood Alphabet, #5)
  • Hollywood Forbidden (Hollywood Alphabet, #6)
  • Hollywood Games (Hollywood Alphabet, # 7)
  • Hollywood Homicide (Hollywood Alphabet, #8)
  • Hollywood Intrigue (Hollywood Alphabet, #9 )
  • Hollywood Jury (Hollywood Alphabet, #10)
  • Hollywood Killer (Hollywood Alphabet, #11)

“buy their” 0 likes