Start by marking “The Uninvited (Ancient Guardians, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Uninvited (Ancient Guardians, #2)

The Uninvited (Ancient Guardians, #2)

"I will forever protect her with my own life." Levi Oxley

Reece Bryant, a college student from Earth, had her entire life turned upside down when she discovered her true genealogy. Not only did she discover that life exists beyond Earth, but also that being brought into the dimension of Pemdas would change her life forever.

After she falls helplessly in love with the Emper
368 pages
Published February 13th 2014 by Pasidian Press

To ask other readers questions about The Uninvited, please sign up.

S.L. Morgan First of all, thank you for taking time to read both books in the series and I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
Arrow's sire is Levi's…more
Arrow's sire is Levi's horse, Areion. Areion is a Guardian horse and all Guardian horses are entirely black. Arrow is a Guardian horse, which makes him quite unique in growing so swiftly and also being entirely black as his sire, Areion as well.
I hope this answers your question!
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend.
-S.L. Morgan(less)

Candy
Mar 04, 2014 Candy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Copy and pasted from blog

Wow! Now this is how you write a sequel! Morgan took us to the beautiful world of Pemdas in The Legacy of the Key and brought us back for another adventure in The Uninvited (the title isn't directed at you, you're invited). I looked at my book rating record and it would appear that the second book in a series scores lower than the first. Not this time.

Characters

They usually get a makeover...when they didn't need it. You spend the first book learning about them, understan
Rhonda Woodall baker
This second book in the series of Ancient Guardians is AWESOME. I was on the edge of my seat throughout this book. I was so excited to get the second in the series and I am not disappointed. The characters came more alive to me. I can't wait for the next book.
Theresa
Nov 12, 2014 Theresa rated it it was amazing
I loved this and can hardly wait for the next one. Such a touching story and it's not over yet. Great reading!
Cheryl (I Heart Fictional People)
First of all, I have to say that this is the first book I have actually bought in a long time. I do reviews for Readers' Favorite, so I usually receive books from them, which is how I heard about the first book in this series. After reading that one, I immediately bought this one. And it was completely worth the money.

Sequels aren't generally as good as the first book, but this is definitely an exception. While I was pretty much obsessed with the first one, I completely loved this one for some o
S.L. Morgan
Feb 03, 2014 S.L. Morgan rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
S.L. Morgan

I really enjoyed writing this second installment of the Ancient Guardians novel series and am very excited to finally have it released on February 14,2014.

We sent this second book through plenty of grueling edits and look forward to bringing the readers back to the enchanting land of Pemdas.

Currently, there are two more books in the Ancient Guardians novel series that have been written and we may possibly have a fifth in the making.

I hope the readers will enjoy reading "The Uninvited" as much
Ord_joe
Apr 01, 2014 Ord_joe rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A few weeks ago I returned once more to the world of Pemdas by way of Ancient Guardians The Uninvited by S. L. Morgan (a pity it wasn’t through the back of the wardrobe !!). I have thoroughly enjoyed watching both the characters, and their relationships, develop as well as experiencing more of the beautiful world of Pemdas and the author’s universe of parallel worlds. The continued combination of fantastical imagery, attention to detail and great characterisation continues to keep me enthralled. ...more
Michaela
Apr 07, 2014 Michaela rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my gosh. Another wonderful book from S.L. Morgan! I didn't think it was possible to adore this series any more than I already did, but she has made the impossible possible! Yet again, I'm extremely excited to read the next one!
I thought all the parts between Reece and Levi were adorable (of the parts that were supposed to be). Even the parts that made me feel frustrated were wonderfully written. I was sucked right in from page one, just like with the first book! And I continue to be amazed by
Eveie Hickman
Jul 06, 2016 Eveie Hickman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Continuing on the writing is compelling kept me gripped from first page to last. The twists and turns and the suspense . This book had it all. Can't wait for the next book in the series.
Just re read this book and it gripped me again telling the story of love and romance with danger thrown now on to book three.
Amber
Jul 06, 2014 Amber rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book much better than the first. The pace was much quicker as the story was more interesting. While the characters do not at this point possess any more depth there is hope that in the near future they will. As with the last book the end leaves you wanting more. Looking forward to the next installment.
Erin
Sep 21, 2015 Erin rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-not-free
A good first book has been followed up by an excellent sequel. I love S.L. Morgan's world building, and the characters are really well done. Morgan makes you want to hang-out with Harrison, fall in love with Levi, and go exploring with Reece. It's a good thing I started this book just before the weekend because I didn't want to put it down.
T Frystak
Apr 12, 2015 T Frystak rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it!!!!

These books are captivating. I kept trying to figure out what was really happening or what is to come next. I wish all the books were already finished so I could keep reading. The anticipation.......
Eugenia
Oct 08, 2014 Eugenia rated it it was amazing
A great follow up, I really think it is better than the first book.
Pedro/Gladys Garcia
Feb 10, 2015 Pedro/Gladys Garcia rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. waiting for the third book.
Melissa Robles
May 06, 2014 Melissa Robles rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review, ebooks
Actual rating: 3.5 stars.

One thing I love for sure is returning to beautiful worlds intelligently crafted by its authors. From the first book, Pemdas amazed me with its uniqueness. It's a vibrant, colorful, regency-like world that makes ours pale in comparison. It's so pretty here, trust me on this.

Now, The Uninvited brings us a very different set of problems than from the first book of the Ancient Guardians series. This time it's all about shaking our characters inside-out. I liked how this dev
Trena Oura
Mar 03, 2014 Trena Oura rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a great Valentines gift to me! Was worth the wait to get back into Pemdas and continue the saga of the Ancient Guardians series. After reading Legacy of the Key, Levi and Reese have now brought us into a more exciting, thrilling and mysterious story with twists and turns that keeps you wondering where you are going, and what is happening page after page. Harrison, with his wit keeps you laughing, you never know with him, but you wouldn't want the story without him being the center of ...more
Chris Yorgason
Feb 11, 2014 Chris Yorgason rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
* I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this second book in the Ancient Guardians series. The books are science-fiction-romantic-suspense -- and a good mix of all of them. The romance scenes are modestly done, even while the characters are engaged. I appreciate the "old-time" morals that the characters have exhibited thus far in the series. The science-fiction is not overdone or too heavy, since most of the characters and locations are very earth-
Megan
Jun 28, 2015 Megan rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal book! I love this series so much and I will definitely re read this series! I loved what Morgan did with this book, although it was painful and cringe worthy to read it was brilliantly written! I applaud Morgan with her storyline in this book. The readers knew that Simone was at fault but you could feel the characters confusion throughout wondering what happened to Reeces! Although I loved the storyline I also felt it should not have taken up most of the book. Not because it wasnt a ...more
kkaybotaol.com
Jul 22, 2015 kkaybotaol.com rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the best novels

I so enjoyed book one of the Ancient Guardians that I had to go indirectly into book two. Now that I have finished book two I can not wait to begin book three.
This series has kept me entertained, holding my breath, and eager to turn each page. It has just the right amount of romance,suspense, intrigue, and imagination to keep me wanting more. Very few books can do that and I thank you for all of your stories. You are truly a gifted writer.
Trista Belcastro
Amazing!

Okay so this book and series are amazing so far. If you liked the fantasy romance of twilight then you will love this series. A man who is romantic, brave and chivalrous can be found here along with a breathtaking world of color and wonder. I can not wait to get the 3rd book and continue my reading. I could not put this book down. You have to read this series, you won't be disappointed.
Frances Shellings
Oooooooooo!

What twists and turns this book has!!!! Of course we can't have a happy couple without heartache and torment and of course them overcoming it....And the book did not end happily...it ends with tears....and a OMG really!!!!! Can't wait for the next book to come out Have to see what happens
Jeannie Metrovich
Cannot put it down

It has been my experience that the second or third book in a series fails to hold your attention. It is not so with these books. The first was riveting and also was the second. I am immediately on to the third book in this series without pause. These are excellent books.
Renee Barrow
Mar 28, 2015 Renee Barrow rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable read

Both the first and the second book maintained interest and action. These have a quality many writers lose shortly into the first book. I look forward to the next book.
Rosa Hoffman
Apr 03, 2014 Rosa Hoffman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

I couldn't stop reading! now I'm upset because it is over. Must.get.the.next.book.now
Thank you S.L. Morgan, I now have another favorite author to recommend! and another series in between j.r ward and the black dagger brotherhood....
Megan Spencer
Aug 28, 2014 Megan Spencer rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is better then the first. Putting me right back in where I left off with the first book. S.L.Morgan has once again captured my attention with her characters and her twists and turns throughout the novels.
sue ann vanderpool
Volume 2 as good as the first

Oh when will volume 3 be out? The wait is awful. I can hardly wait. The characters and story line continues to be more than good. I will impatiently wait.
Mary Valerie Stroh
More Please

So glad I purchased book #2, now we must wait until 2015 for our next "fix" of Pemdas. Very fast moving, strong detail, good writing. So looking forward to the next book.
Jane Roy
Dec 18, 2014 Jane Roy rated it it was amazing
Best book ever read it four times waiting for book three to come. It makes one feel that they are there in Premdas living the exciting life with Reece and Levi and Harrison.

Ancient Guardian by S.L Morgan. Everyone needs to read these books.
Amanda Baker
Feb 17, 2014 Amanda Baker rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!! It's such a good balance of fantasy, adventure, mystery, romance, and none of it is overdone. This book had a lot of twists and I had no idea how it was gonna end. I loved it!! Can't wait for book 3!!!!
Linda E Isenberg
Disappointed

Seemed to be a hastily written bridge to a third book. Skipped over most of the middle because it was apparent were the story was going. Found myself wondering how these people could be so dumb. First book was very good. Hope the third one is better.
Cristina Hernandez
Man this book was a wonderful sequel, it was awesome, heartbreaking, and so worth the read!!! I loved every single page of this book!!!
This series is definitely on my top ten favorite series of all time, Im so glad i picked it up!!!
Stay up to date on new Releases... 1 5 Nov 15, 2014 02:17PM
The Uninvited now has a NEW colorful cover! 1 3 May 08, 2014 08:55AM
  • Children of the Shaman
  • Vicious Moon (Earth Witches, #3)
  • The Witch Awakening (The Landers Saga, #1)
  • Red Rain (Night #4)
  • Shattered Shields
  • Act of Defiance (Defiance Gray, #1)
  • Untitled (Angelology, #3)
  • The Water Devil (Margaret of Ashbury, #3)
  • The Necklace of Goddess Athena
  • The Underlighters
  • Immortal Destiny (The Immortal Prophecy Saga #2)
  • The Demon of Darkling Reach (The Black Prince Trilogy, #1)
  • Atkinson's Administration (The Reaper, #1)
  • The Executioner at the Institute for Contaminated Children
  • Year of Little Lesson Plans
  • Spiritus (Spiritus Series, #1)
  • The First Midnight Spell (Spellcaster #0.5)
  • I See Me (Oracle #1)
Award winning author,S.L. Morgan was born and raised in California. After 29 years of living in the Sierra Nevada Mountains there, she and her husband began their journeys of moving throughout the United States. In the summer of 2014, S.L. Morgan and her family returned to her hometown of Oakhurst, California.
In October of 2011, S.L. Morgan became inspired to write her new novel series, “Ancient G
More about S.L. Morgan...

Ancient Guardians, (4 books)
  • The Legacy of the Key (Ancient Guardians, #1)
  • The Awakening (Ancient Guardians, #3)
  • The Reckoning (Ancient Guardians #4)

“After the morning’s delay, Harrison and Levi were finally en route to Earth. Levi and Harrison raced their horses toward the protective barriers that led to the outer boundaries of Pemdas.” 0 likes
“Harrison exhaled. “You two need to work on your communication skills!” 0 likes